→ four; this is not what I applied for

Yes, Ma'am!

 

four; this is not what I applied for

▬▬▬▬

The next morning, a scream was heard coming from Joo Eun’s room. Chanyeol and Baekhyun were outside of her door, laughing their asses off. Guess they’ve got their revenge.

“What is this?” Joo Eun asked furiously as she stormed out of her room and showed them the fake cockroach she found on her face.

“Well, it looks like a fake cockroach, miss.” Baekhyun said, trying his best not to laugh.

“Of course it’s a fake cockroach,” she replied with a duh-it-is tone, “but I’m wondering why it was on my face!”

“I – um – I can’t answer to that,” he awkwardly laughed and hid behind Chanyeol.

“I can’t answer to that too.” Chanyeol shrugged and ran downstairs, leaving Baekhyun alone with the now-very-furious Joo Eun.

Baekhyun acted normal and tried to whistle but failed. She was glaring at him with those sharp eyes of hers.

“Get ready,” she said after the awkward silence, “I need to go to the company for my next schedule. You have to drive me there.”

“But I can’t drive!” Baekhyun exclaimed.

“What? You’re 20 years old, but you can’t drive?” She looked at him in annoyance.

“Well, I have a driver license but I’ve never really drove a car on the road before.” He looked at her innocently.

“Great, I have two boys in this house who are legal enough to drive but can’t. Just great.” She puffed her bangs up. She then whipped open her phone and dialled her manager’s number.

“Oppa, I need a ride to the company.” She told him and hung up a few seconds later before he even had the chance to reply.

Joo Eun looked at Baekhyun from head to toe while he just stood there with his head hung low. She tapped her chin, thinking what she should do with him. When she had an idea, she snapped her fingers. She pointed her finger at him and smirked.

“There’s a lot of rubbish that needs to be thrown out and my laundry basket is full – empty it up. Oh, don’t forget to wash the dishes and sweep the floor. Make sure you get it all done before my manager gets here, got it?” She said as quickly as she could.

Baekhyun looked at her with his mouth wide open. He wanted to say something but she hurried off before he could.

“B-but…” He wanted to say but Joo Eun looked at him with her infamous killer eyes.

“…yes, ma’am,” He bowed and quickly headed to the kitchen. Downstairs, he saw Chanyeol playing video games while he was shouting to some words Baekhyun couldn’t understand.

“Hey, mind helping me?” He asked Chanyeol but he didn’t reply. Baekhyun sighed and started doing the chores.

He started with the garbage, which didn’t take long. Then he started doing the dishes, which was hard because he couldn’t find the gloves and dish washing soap. Joo Eun walked in the kitchen just in time for him to ask her for the soup.

“You do know that there’s a dish washing machine right?” She said – more like a question – to him.

Baekhyun mouthed an ‘oh’ slowly and nodded in shame. He then looked for the machine and turned it on. While he was waiting for that, he swept the floor. Joo Eun watched him from afar and was quite satisfied with his work. She looked to her left at the store room where there was a vacuum machine in it.

She smirked at it and quickly turned away before Baekhyun sees it. Chanyeol, who was taking a five second break from his video games, shook his head at her before continuing playing.

Then there was a honk. Joo Eun pumped her fists in the air because it was her manager. She quickly ran outside to the car before Baekhyun could catch up.  

“Oppa palli! Move!” Joo Eun shouted at her manager as she slammed the door close. Baekhyun was just a few steps away from car before the car started moving. Joo Eun wiggled her fingers next to her cheeks teasingly with her tongue stuck out.

“Yah, wait for me!” Baekhyun shouted at the speeding car but it was already gone.

Seconds later, he heard a beep coming from his phone. New message from The Boss’s daughter.

From: Joo-the-awesome-Eun
To: Butler Bacon

Sorry to leave you behind (: take a taxi, maybe?

He sighed and looked at his watch. He then headed back to the house to finish off his chores. After half an hour, he was done and he was in the cab to the company. He arrived in no time, but when he stepped out of the cab, Joo Eun was heading towards him – her car already behind him.

He bowed and wanted to tell her he finished the chores but a million of screams cut him off. Baekhyun gasped in shock and covered his ears from the noise. Joo Eun snickered at his childishness but called him over. Baekhyun, realizing he just looked like an idiot, quickly went up to her.

She handed him her stuff for her next schedule and strutted away. Then, the screaming came again. She turned around to look at her fans, expecting them to adore her but instead they were looking, while taking pictures, at Baekhyun.

“Ohmygod, who’s that cutie?” One fan said in a very loud voice.

“I bet he’s dating Joo Eun unnie!” Another said.

“No way, that boy is mine!” And another.

Baekhyun, who heard everything, just stood there awkwardly. Some of her fans asked him to act cutely for their camera. He couldn’t say no, because he has seen some fans who got crazy because they got ignored, so he did his best in being cute – though he had no problem at all.

Joo Eun’s cheeks were red and she was furious – with a hint of embarrassment. What are her fans doing, taking photos of him instead of her? She cleared , hoping they would avert their attention to her and say something like ‘Oh my god, unnie has a cough! Quickly, get her some water! She’s dying!” Or something like that.

But nothing happened. She did it again. Still, nothing happened. They were all busy fangirling over the bacon and taking photos of him. She had to think of a way to get fans back to their normal selves. So, she faked a painful scream and dropped to the ground – while holding her ankle.

Now, everyone looked at her. Everyone gasped. Baekhyun was confused, not knowing what happened. It took him a few seconds to realize what his real job was to do, so he quickly ran to her to help her up. But someone else’s hand wrapped around her first.

He looked up to see who it was, and his expression dropped. The prince charming has arrived, he thought. The prince was smiling down at his princess, a smile that reassured her she was safe with him. Baekhyun then realized he had a sad face on.

“Kai…” Joo Eun said as she looked up at him. She smiled back at him and got up on her feet. All her fans were screaming and crying tears of joy. Looks like they like this fandom.

“Oh my god, a KaiJoo moment!”

“Oh, my feels! It can’t be contained!” They were all saying.

Kai’s and Joo Eun’s eyes locked for quite a long time before her manager cut in, saying she needs to hurry for her schedule. They both said their goodbyes with little Baekhyun behind them. Joo Eun entered the car but she was still looking at Kai.

Baekhyun eyed him from where he was sitting, then averted to Joo Eun. He could see some spark between them, making him more curious about their relationship.

When the car was gone by the highway, Kai walked back inside the company. Fans were teasing him, causing him to flush red. Some of them asked if they were dating but he just replied they were friends. But he was smiling and his words didn’t seem like he meant what he said.

Back in the car, everything, everyone was awkward. Joo Eun was texting on her phone with Kai and Baekhyun was just enjoying the view from the van. He kept saying ‘wahh’ every time he sees something pass the car.

“Hey, what are you fascinated about? It’s something you see when you drive in a car.” Joo Eun exclaimed in an annoyed tone.

“Well, I’ve never drove a car before.” He shrugged and smiled innocently. He expected her to sigh and roll her eyes like she always does, but not this time. This time, she just stared at him. And it seemed like it took her a whole 10 second to realize she was doing that.

So, she stopped staring and quickly said “ for you,” and diverted her attention back to her phone. As for Baekhyun, he continued being fascinated by the views.

Joo Eun’s next schedule was Strong Heart. She loves this show so much; she wishes her stories would win her sometimes. She doesn’t have any ‘interesting’ stories, yet, but she has one right now. She’s hoping it’ll be good enough.

“Today, we have our almost-regular guest, Joo Eun!” Seunggi, the host of Strong Heart, introduced as she came out from below.

She waved and bowed to everyone and sat down next to Shin Wonho, a member from the newly debuted group, Cross Gene. He waved at her and she did the same.

The recording started and it felt like it took forever, but to her it was fun. She waited for Seunggi to ask her about her story, but he keeps asking the other people. When he asked Wonho, she thought she’ll be asked next, but nope.

She finally got asked in the end, fighting against Psy. When Psy finished his story, she told her story. She told them about her first win and how it felt like to win something so precious. Seunggi asked her if she cried and she replied no.

“My dad doesn’t like it when I cry. He’ll stop whatever he’s doing to be with me and makes sure I don’t cry anymore.” Everyone in the room awed.

“Did your father give you anything?” Seunggi asked.

“Yeah, it was…a…” She didn’t how to put it into words but she tried to make it sound legit. “…bodyguard.”

Everyone was surprised because she got such a huge present. Boom got excited for a moment and asked her manager to bring in the bodyguard. When Baekhyun came to the set, everyone was even more surprised.

“Your bodyguard is cute!” One of the guests said.

“Not really…” Joo Eun said quietly.

Baekhyun was standing next to her and everyone was giggling over him. Joo Eun felt uncomfortable but she can’t let that show.

“Wait, do you guys live in the same house?” Boom suddenly asked which made everyone turn to them.

Joo Eun and Baekhyun were flabbergasted by the question. How was she supposed to answer that? She wasn’t used to questions related to scandals. It took her a moment to think of a relevant answer, but Baekhyun spoke up first.

“No, not really, I stay in their penthouse which is right next to her house.” He replied calmly.

“Wow, he’s good at answering!” Boom exclaimed.

“Well, you two look good together.” Leeteuk said which caused everyone to ooh at them.

Baekhyun and Joo Eun shook their hand at everyone, denying it but they kept teasing. Then Seunggi just had to say something about anticipating a scandal about her.

When they got home after the busy schedule, they didn’t talk to each other because of what Seunggi said. Joo Eun was mostly scared about it while Baekhyun acted normal.

The next morning, when Joo Eun woke up, she smelled something sweet from downstairs. She got up, got ready and headed to the kitchen. She was surprised to see Baekhyun, wearing an apron, with a plate full of pancakes on it.

He smiled at him and motioned towards the empty chairs by the table. She quickly sat down and he gave her the plate. She happily ate everything on the plate, till the very piece of pancakes.

Baekhyun was sitting across her, eating his pancakes. He was amused to see her eat a lot, much more than him. When they were done eating, she made him stay in the kitchen.

“What is it? You need to talk to me, don’t you?” He asked, sensing there was a reason why she called him to stay.

“Well…” She started, looking at him hesitantly, “…I need you to help me.” To make me closer to Kai, she wanted to say but Chanyeol interrupted her.

“Eunnie, did you see this yet?!” He shouted and showed her the laptop he was using.

On the tab, it showed the latest news. And the latest one was about her. And Kai. And Baekhyun. She carefully read the headline ‘Joo Eun in a love triangle with fellow label mate and bodyguard?’ There were two pictures, one with Joo Eun and Kai – who helped her get up from that fake injury – and another was with Baekhyun standing next to her, grinning like a kid.

Oh, no. She’s been cursed. Thanks a lot, Seunggi.


{—a few words if i may?

omg, sorry for not updating much! TAT i'm not sure if i can finish this before the deadline ;^;