→ second; Meating the Bodyguard

Yes, Ma'am!

→ the characters

second; Meating the Bodyguard

It was morning and birds were chirping at the Park’s residence. The sunlight shone through the thin curtains in Joo Eun’s room, letting it hit her face. Her alarm went off but she didn’t complain – unlike the other days when she would throw the clock at the wall.

Today, it was different. It wasn’t going to be like the usual Saturday she would spend by watching TV and feeding her cat. Nope, today will have something special happening. Well, two things; one, Kai was going to come over for dinner – without Sehun and two; her father was going to bring that big present he promised.

Though Joo Eun didn’t understand what he meant when he said it was skinny too. What her brother said replayed in her head. “Maybe it’s a pole.” Joo Eun shook her head and thought why her brother was such a ert.

Joo Eun woke up and headed to her bathroom to take a long, warm bath.


Kyungsoo-ah! Kyungsoo-ah!”

Kyungsoo, who was sipping on his hot coffee, looked up and saw his childish friend running up to him. He looked very happy that morning, even though that’s how he usually is each day. Kyungsoo looked at his friend with those big eyes of his and he was smiling.

“Kyungsoo-ah, guess what?” Baekhyun said as he sat down with a huge grin plastered on his face.

“What?” Kyungsoo asked, sipping on his coffee.

“You’re supposed to guess.” Baekhyun pouted, but quickly said what he wanted to say anyways. “I got in! I got in~”

“Got in what? Seoul Arts College?” Kyungsoo looked at Baekhyun.

“What?” Baekhyun looked at Kyungsoo weirdly, with one eyebrow up.

“What?” Kyungsoo looked at him with his huge eyes.

There was an awkward silence between them as they were staring at each other with huge eyes. Then they both started laughing for no reason. Once they stopped laughing, their face turned serious.

“Okay, now tell me what you got in.” Kyungsoo said.

“I got to be Joo Eun’s bodyguard!” Baekhyun squealed and moved his body around, showing his aegyo to his friend.

“Wait, what? Joo Eun? You mean the Joo Eun or just a normal Joo Eun?” Kyungsoo asked as he shook his friend’s body. “Tell me which Joo Eun!”

“Yah, stop it! You’re going to attract people’s attention.” Baekhyun slapped away his hand off him. “For your information, I don’t know any other Joo Eun besides the Joo Eun who is a singer.”

“Wait, so…wait, and let me absorb this information properly.” Kyungsoo’s mouth was agape. “So, you applied for that bodyguard thingy and got in? So, now you’re going to be Joo Eun’s bodyguard?”

“Yep,” Baekhyun nodded and smiled like a kid.

There was a long silence before Kyungsoo started laughing again. Baekhyun sighed and narrowed his eyes at his friend. He already knew he would laugh at him, he was used to it. But he would love it if his friend gave some support to him.

“Yah, stop it! It’s not even that funny.” Baekhyun huffed and crossed his arms.

“But it is~” Kyungsoo was still laughing.

Just then, a guy pulled a chair in between Baekhyun and Kyungsoo and sat on it. He folded his right leg on his left leg and smiled to both of the guys. When he saw Kyungsoo laughing, the guy slapped on his tummy and pulled him up to make him sit straight.

When Kyungsoo saw who it was, he stopped laughing and sat properly. Baekhyun smiled at the guy and was thankful.

“Kris, you’re here! I’ve got good news to tell you!” Baekhyun said, excited that his other friend joined him.

“What is it?” Kris simply asked.

“I’m Joo Eun’s new bodyguard!”

“Who?” Kris looked at him, dumbfounded.

“Park Joo Eun.” Kyungsoo said slowly.

“Ah, the girl you guys fanboy about each day before sleeping?” Kris smirked.

“Yeah, that girl.” Kyungsoo and Baekhyun rolled their eyes at their friend. To them, Kris didn’t know how to fanboy because he wasn’t used to it. But Kris has no intention to fanboy about her at all.

“Wait, you’re going to be a bodyguard?” Kris looked at him like he was playing games with him. Baekhyun nodded and waited for Kris to laugh just like Kyungsoo did. But Kris didn’t. Maybe he was much mature than Kyungsoo.

“Are you sure you can protect her with that skinny body of yours? No offense.” Kris remarked.

“None taken! But seriously, I’m not that weak!” Baekhyun whined.

“Prove it to us.” Kyungsoo said.

“Yeah, go to the line and try not to get trampled by the other customers.” Kris said, smirking as he pointed to the line where people were taking orders.

Baekhyun huffed and stood up from his seat. He then walked up to the line and before anyone could have a chance to say supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, Baekhyun was under the feet of the other customers. Kris and Kyungsoo looked at their friend and couldn’t help but be worried. How the hell will their friend be able to take care of an artist if he can’t even take care of himself?

“Well, you sure did prove it to us that you can never be a bodyguard.” Kyungsoo exclaimed.

“I can, just you wait.” Baekhyun said before taking his stuff and walked out of the café.

“Yah, where are you going?” Kyungsoo shouted at him.

“To meet her father.” Baekhyun shouted back.

“Good luck.”


The doorbell rang a few times before Joo Eun finally came to the door to open it. When she opened the door, an old man wearing a suit was smiling at her. Joo Eun smiled at him and invited him in.

“Appa, you’re here?” Joo Eun hugged her father. She hasn’t seen him for almost half a year. With her having a busy schedule every day and her father busy with his work, they barely have anytime to see each other.

“Yes. Where’s your brother?” Joo Eun’s father looked up at the stairs and that’s when Chanyeol came down with a huge grin on.

“Appa!” He shouted and ran with his arms spread on to his father.

“Aigoo, how can you protect your baby sister if you’re so childish?” Her father shook his head and Chanyeol pouted. “Well, I have the solution.”

“Eh? What do you mean ‘solution’?” Joo Eun asked.

“Boy, come in.” Her father went to the door and gestured someone to come in.

A boy came in with a big smile on his face, with flowers and fruits in a basket in each hand. He bowed to Joo Eun and Chanyeol as he stepped in. He gave the flowers to Joo Eun and the fruits to Chanyeol.

“Thanks! I’ll enjoy these fruits.” Chanyeol did a peace sign to the boy.

“Come sit, boy.” Joo Eun’s father patted on the leather sofa which he was sitting on.

The boy followed his orders and quickly sat down. Chanyeol sat down next to him and Joo Eun next to her father. Her arms were kept folded ever since the boy came in. Then, Joo Eun’s father told him to introduce himself. The boy shyly stood up and bowed.

“My name is Baekhyun and I’ll be Joo Eun’s bodyguard.” Baekhyun smiled.

“What?! Bodyguard?” Joo Eun looked at Baekhyun then at her father with wide eyes. “You’re kidding, right? Why would I need a bodyguard? It’s enough to have Chanyeol here!”

“Joo Eun-ah, trust me, it’s for your own good. Do you really think your brother can protect you?” Her father said as he held her hand.

“Appa, don’t you believe me?” Chanyeol whined.

“It’s not that but –”

“But I’ve got Kai!”

“Kai?” Everyone in the room except Joo Eun said at the same time.

“Who’s Kai? You mean the guy who came to your birthday last year?” Her father asked.

“Yes.” Joo Eun nodded. Just then, she remembered that Kai was going to come for dinner. She looked at the clock and it was already 5pm. Kai was going to come at 6pm and she wouldn’t have much time to cook.

“Appa!” She suddenly stood up and shouted.

“Wae?” Her father asked.

“Um, you need to go now. My friend is coming over for dinner.”

“Why can’t I just join?” Her father slightly pouted.

“Because she’s a girl and it’ll be awkward.”

“Fine then, I’ll go now. I hope you’ll take care of Baekhyun’s room yourself.” He said before going out of the house.

“Wait, what? Appa, you need to take this bacon along with you!” Joo Eun shouted but her father was already gone.

“B-bacon?” Baekhyun looked at her with a hurtful look.  

“Oppa, take him out, neh?” Joo Eun ignored Baekhyun and pushed her brother with Baekhyun.

“But why?” Chanyeol asked and he purposely leaned against her so it’ll be harder for her to push him.

“Kai’s going to be here soon and I haven’t even cooked yet!”

“You said it’s a girl!” Chanyeol gasped.

“We can stay and help cook.” Baekhyun offered. Joo Eun and Chanyeol looked at him in surprise.

“You can cook?” The siblings asked together.

“Not really, but how hard can it be?” Baekhyun shrugged.


“THIS IS SO HARD!” Baekhyun shouted as he tried to chicken meat.

“Hey, you offered to help, so stop complaining!” Joo Eun shouted back. “Once you’re done, help Chanyeol cut the onions.”

Baekhyun sighed and turned to look at Chanyeol. Chanyeol kept wiping his eyes and wouldn’t stop sniffing.  Baekhyun dropped what he had in his hand and walked up to him.

“Hey, you okay?” He asked as he slightly pushed him back to see why he was sniffing. Chanyeol’s eyes were puffy and red, not to mention tears were falling down. “Oh my god, are you crying?”

Joo Eun turned around to look at the two boys and laughed. Chanyeol pushed Baekhyun away and was mumbling something.

“It’s the onions!” He yelled.

“Right~” Baekhyun said and laughed before going back to cut the meat.

After 45 minutes, dinner was prepared. She had 15 more minutes to get dressed and look pretty for Kai. Once she was done, she went downstairs to prepare the wine, but when she saw Baekhyun and her brother chatting on the sofa, she panicked.

“What are you guys doing here?” She hissed.

“We’re waiting for dinner, of course.” Chanyeol said.

“What? No, this dinner is for me and Kai only!”

“Then what about us?”

“Go out and eat or something. I don’t know – whatever you want but not here!”

“But –”

“Quick! He’s going to be here soon!”

Too late. The doorbell rang and Kai’s voice was heard when he said ‘knock, knock’.


{—a few words if i may?

this chapter is a lot more longer than chap 1..i think >w> soo, comment? c: anyways, i edited the chap 1 and added the characters for that chapter ^^ maybe i'll do that from now? :D tell me what chu think!