Pieces of the puzzle...

as the [C 0 0 K i E] crumbles

"I'm too good." Youhee hummed to herself with a smirk.  She leafed through the stack of cash in her hand she'd just won from a few poor saps in poker before folding it and tucking the wad away in her bra.

She ambled down the street, her arms crossed over the front of her military vest, running her tongue over the top row of her teeth.  A law student being a gambler might have taken many people by surprise, but for her it was something like practice.

It was her way of testing her skills - seeing how far she could push her luck, polishing her talent for convincing people to see things her way.  She could influence a person to back down and fold or ante up and raise the stakes with just a few words and her body language and she was pretty damn good at it.  This was something that would make her a winner in the court room when the stakes were even higher; this was what made Youhee Youhee.

Despite all of the risk taking, she was generally a good person, or at least that was her opinion of herself, the countless gamblers that'd lost to her in card games might beg to differ. 

 

-

 

"Hello!  How are you?" Joan waved to her neighbors, giving a friendly grin.  She got into her car and paused - why in the heck were the old folks out in the middle of the night?  Shouldn't their prescriptions drugs combined with their old age have knocked them out hours ago?

She shrugged it off and started her car.  Kudos to them for being out late, even if they were just standing idly and talking in the front yard.  She imagined her future as being a bit more colorful though, her friends weren't neccessarily the type for idle, quiet chat.

Joan felt a bit uncomfortable as she leaned over to grab her phone from her purse, she felt her jeans cut at the skin on her hip.  They seemed a bit tighter, but that was most likely just her feeling the difference between tight fitting clothes and her nursing scrubs, which she'd practically come to live in during the past few months.

She quickly texted a short message and placed the phone down in the coin holder before pulling off, the wind ruffling her hair as it reached in through the open windows.

 

-

 

'This isn't what I asked for!" Angel frowned, holding the bag back out to the worker. The employee took the bag back and peered in.

"Are you sure?"

Angel bristled. "I just said it wasn't!"

The young girl jumped and skittered into the back, apologizing on her way.  Angel leaned against the counter, mumbling about incompetence as she checked the time on her phone.

"H-here you are, m'am." The girl said, when she returned with the correct item. Angel checked the bag again and nodded curtly, quickly heading out of the door.  Undoubtebly, the girl saw her as a rude brat, but she didn't have time to wait forever. 

Angel slid into her car and tossed the bag into the passenger seat, giving a sigh as she started the ignition.  What a crappy beginning to a night out.

 

-

 

Kim nodded to the beat, mouthing the words to herself.  Daesung's favorite song blared through the speakers of her car, the bass vibrating the seats.  He didn't even have to be present to influence her, he'd been her other half since high school and their lives were so intertwined,  giving in to his tendencies came without a second thought. 

She was even wearing one of his shirts.  It hung loose on her and admittedly, it wasn't a normal person's first choice for club wear but it was part of Kim's comfort zone.  She wasn't aiming to attract anyway, just to have a night out with her girl friends.  A little fun, that's all.  Daesung didn't exactly approve of her having fun at the club, but she'd stubbornly stuck to her guns and insisted on going.

-

 

Ahri stared at herself in the mirror, carefully applying eyeliner to her top lid.  Her eyes were a color somewhere between brown and green, as if someone couldn't decide which hue to choose and ended up picking both instead.  It suited her, she was an indecisive person in the first place and had a hard time making even the simplest of choices, even choosing something small like a candy bar was a difficult decision for her .

Her cellphone was pressed to her ear, a line of wedding magazine stretched out infront of her on her vanity table.  From the other line, Katy listed off what kind of drinks she would like for her cocktail hour, having cancelled at the last moment to join the girls at the club.

Ding dong.

"Danggit!" She hissed, pulling her hand back and heaving herself to her feet.   Manicured hands wiped at the stray line of black as she gracefully darted down the stairs.

“Who is it?” She called, leaning forward to look through the peephole, shifting the phone to the other ear.

“Who do you think?”

-

 

 

 

A.N: Why does this thing seem crappier than usual? >.< This is the only chapter that is going to follow the same format, the rest of them follow one character and works in the other mains and side characters through her interactions.

I am counting comments! I can drop characters if you don't comment, right now everyone who applied has a spot but it is NOT guaranteed.  And this chapter was only setting up the character's personalities, the next chapter starts off the plot, though this has a few hints to it.  I won't throw everybody in at once, your part will come in where you fit in but it's not gonna be like forever from now, it'll come soon.

^.~

Anybody do graphics? I don't feel like it lol