Chapter 3.

I'd Wait An Eternity For You
You never got the chance to speak to Yixing again after the day that you found out about your condition. His parents made up an excuse for you, telling him that you were accepted into a University in Canada and had to leave before you could tell him. They told him that the two of you can be together once you both achieve your dreams. You even told them specifically to tell him that you would wait for him no matter what, you made sure that they let him know to ask for your new number once he got any news regarding his debut. That way, you would be prepared to talk to him when that moment comes. You spent every single day of the past three years thinking about Yixing, not once did he leave your mind. Even though you haven’t seen or talked to him in three years, his mother would always fill you in on the information that Yixing told her whenever he called. You still love him as much as you did before he left and you were true to your words. Every single day you waited for the day that he would ask his mother for your number and to call you to tell you the good news. Even though you knew that you could never be with Yixing unless you recovered, you wanted to be there for him when he debuts. You want to hear the excitement in his voice as he tells you how close he is to his dream. You find yourself staring at your cellphone at the end of your day, just waiting for it to ring. At this moment, your mother walked into the room with a freshly filled water bottle of warm water and handed it to you. Like usual, you nodded your head and smiled as a sign of your thank you before taking the bottle from her hand. You felt a sense of relief as the warm water went down your throat.   
 
“You're almost done Peiyun, we can head home soon.” Your mother fixed your IV to allow the liquids to flow in smoothly before grabbing a seat next to you. You stared at the clock ticking in front of you and waited, waiting has become a second nature to you.
 
 
You were sitting in your room with the humidifier , it is currently December and the dry air irritates your throat. You had set cups of water in your room to keep the air moist previously but you woke up to the sound of a humidifier one day, your father had bought it for you to help make the winters less painful. You were so grateful that you ended up hugging your father in tears. Your family is already tight on money from your hospital fees and he still took money from his bank account to get you a humidifier. You loved your father so much and it pained you to know how hard he is working for you. With sad eyes you looked over at the textbooks you bought three years ago, you never got a chance to use them and attending school is still out of the picture. Your condition is unpredictable and you may begin to have a coughing fit at any given moment, the medication and treatments you took made you weak as well. You had trouble walking for long periods of time and the hair that fell from your head made you self-conscious. You spent most of your days in your room, writing in a diary, drawing, or reading. Your doctor had recommended you to keep track of your thoughts in a journal, a lot of cancer patients’ fall into depression and that was one of the methods to prevent it. You felt useless though. You wanted to go to school or to get a job, you wanted to do anything that could be of benefit to your parents but they wouldn’t have it. You haven’t left the house without another person next to you for so long, they would always be there to make sure you were okay and that you wouldn’t fall to the floor from your legs giving out. You hated that. You hated how you were a burden to your family and that there was nothing you could do to change it. You detested the fact that your life will never go back to how it was before and your heart was just about torn from the fact that you and Yixing can never be. Every time his mother came over to your house to tell you news regarding Yixing, you felt both warmth and emptiness in your heart. Warmth because he was working hard and doing well but emptiness because you knew that you can no longer be the one to live life by his side anymore. Nobody else wanted to admit this but you could feel it, you felt how weak your body became and you knew that Yixing and you could never have a future together. You just prayed that you can survive and live to see the day he reaches his dreams; to support him one last time before you leave this world.
 
 
You were resting in your bed again when the scurrying of footsteps caused you to get up. It’s Yixing’s mother.
 
Peiyun! Yixing called just now, he’s going to debut soon! The project group he told us about are filming their teasers now!” Excitement surged through your body as you heard that news. Using as much energy as you could, you got up to your feet and hugged Yixing's mother.
 
“The day we’ve all been waiting for is going to come soon, Peiyun ah.” Tears fell from your eyes from how happy you felt, you were going to see your Yixing live his dream. “I gave him your number just now; he says he’ll be calling you soon. Are you well enough to talk to him?” You nodded your head frantically, of course you were ready. You walked steadily to your desk and ate the medication your doctor had prescribed to help coat your throat. You drank some warm honey water and waited for Yixing to call. You were staring at your phone as it started to vibrate; you grabbed it immediately and clicked answer before your ringtone even had a chance to sound.
 
“Hello?” That voice, you haven’t heard from him in years.
 
“Yixing?” You sounded, normal enough. You yourself haven’t heard your own voice in weeks.
 
Peiyun! I miss you so much! How have you been?!” Your mood was uplifted by the excitement in his voice.
 
“I’ve been doing well  Yixing, how about you?” 
 
“Great, I’ve been doing great but especially amazing now that I’m finally talking to you again. I actually have some good news for you! I’m going to debut a hundred days from now! We’ll be releasing our first teaser tonight. I’m debuting in a group called EXO in the subgroup EXO-M!” You had known most of this already but excitement was evident in your voice purely from the joy you heard in his.
 
“That’s amazing Yixing! Congratulations, I’m so happy for you! I knew you could do it, you’re amazing!” You heard Yixing sniff on the other end, is he crying?
 
“Yixing?”
 
“Thank you Peiyun. Thank you for being there for me and waiting, thank you so much. I love you; I can’t wait to show you a new and improved me on stage. I’ll be debuting in Beijing on the first of April, you’ll go watch right?” You felt tears forming in your eyes as well. You bit your lips and winced at the pain that started to grow in your throat.
 
“Of course Yixing, I’ll be there to watch you no matter what. I love you too, I promise to be there for sure.” You let out a cough and panic struck your heart. Your eyes widened at Yixing’s mother and motioned for her to take the phone. You couldn’t stop the coughing and heard Yixing’s worried voice from the phone which is now in his mother’s hand.
 
Peiyun? Hello? Are you okay? Peiyun?!” His mother thought quickly and started making static noises before slamming the phone shut. She set the phone down and kneeled down next to you right away, rubbing your back and helping you get up to your bed. She grabbed the glass of water from your desk and handed it to you when your coughing slowed down. You took small sips of the water, careful not to take big breaths. You placed the water on your bedside table and grabbed your notebook.
 
“Thank you and sorry about that. I can’t imagine what would have happened if you weren’t here.”
 
“Don’t worry about it Peiyun, you’re like the daughter I never had. Now, you get some rest okay? Talking to Yixing must have drained a lot of your energy. I’ll get you some more warm water before I leave. Remember to text  me if you need anything,  I saw that your mother fell asleep downstairs when I came in earlier.” You felt extremely grateful to have another mother in your life. Having such amazing people care about you made you wish that you had the power to fight and win this battle but your entire body was screaming no, your body wanted to rest.
 
You were lying down on your bed when Yixing’s mother returned with a full glass of water. You thank her with your facial expression and look up at her curiously when she thanked you as well.
 
“Thank you Peiyun, thank you for waiting and for making my Yixing so happy. The way he sounded when talking to you on the phone today was so different from how he talks to his father and I. Thank you for being so strong and for being a fighter, just, thank you.” With that, Yixing’s mother left your room, leaving the door slightly open so that your parents could get in quickly if you needed anything. You had smiled in acknowledgment to her thanks but the smile on your face disappear the moment Yixing’s mother left. Even a simple action like smiling exhausted your weakening body.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alright so... you guys can thank my sister, Happiieface, for this update! She really wanted to read the next chapter and I said I'd do a triple update if she made me picture for this fanfic and well... there you have it, a new chapter and a pretty picture! XD I'll be doing the third update tonight~! I hope you guys are liking the story so far ^^