Chapter 13.

I'd Wait An Eternity For You

In front of you sat a blushing Yixing with a guitar in his hands; he was sitting next to the fountain where he first asked you to be his girlfriend. You still remember how nervous he was that day; the two of you were only thirteen at the time. He was walking you home from school when you wanted to make a wish at the fountain, your eyes were closed and your hands were pressed against each other after you threw the penny, making a wish you have now forgotten. What you will never forget though was the shock you felt when Yixing pressed his lips against your cheek. He took advantage of the fact that your eyes were closed to do so, you were so flustered at his actions that you began to smack him. You remember how he caught your hands in mid-air and kissed you again, that time on the forehead. He looked at you seriously but his words came out softly, his faces painted with a light pink.

 
Peiyun, we’ve been best friends ever since I first moved here but I really like you... Will you be my girlfriend?”
 
Needless to say, you had liked Yixing at that time as well, you said yes without a second thought. That was probably the best decision you’ve ever made in your life. Yixing cleared his throat once he finished tuning his guitar; you turned over and gazed at Yixing lovingly as he began to strum the chords to one of your favourite songs.
 
爱你爱着你就像老鼠爱大
Wo ai ni ai zhe ni jiu xiang lao shu ai da mi
I love you, I'm loving you just like mice love rice.
不管有多少风雨我都会依然陪着
bu guan you duo shao feng yu wo dou hui yi ran pei zhe ni
No matter how many difficulties may come, I will still accompany you.
我想你想着你不管有多么的苦
wo xiang ni xiang zhe ni bu guan you dou me de ku
I miss you, I'm missing you, no matter how bitter the way
只要能让你开心我什么都愿
zhi yao neng rang ni kai xin wo shen me dou yuan yi
I'm willing to do anything to make you happy.
这样爱
Zhe yang ai ni
That's the way I'll love you.”
 
You started to clap the moment Yixing finished singing the song, he sounded absolutely amazing. He placed his guitar down lightly and walked over to you.
 
“I take it that you liked it?” You nodded your head and smiled at the way he looked at you. What could be better than to hear the person you love the most in the world sing your favourite song?
 
“Good, I was worried I’d ruin the song for you haha.” Yixing put his guitar back into the case and swung it over his back.
 
“Let’s go get some ice cream, ice cream at three in the afternoon is the best.” He grabbed the handle of your wheelchair and walked towards the ice cream shop you use to visit with him every Sunday. The corners of your eyes crinkled while fond memories came back to you.
 
“Yixing! Get back here!” Yixing stuck his tongue out and ran in the opposite direction of where the two of you were supposed to go. He had taken your chocolate ice cream from you before you even had a chance to it.
 
“Come and catch me then!” You growled in anger and chased your boyfriend, he may be fifteen but he acted like a five year old.
 
“Oh just you wait, you’re so dead when I get you!” You ran with all your might and chuckled inwardly at the fear in Yixing’s eyes, he seems to have forgotten that you’re on the track team.
 
“A small chocolate ice cream in a cup and a strawberry ice cream in a cone please.” Yixing’s voice brought you back to reality,  you have so many memories with Yixing here.
 
“Thank you.” Yixing paid the cashier quickly and walked over to your table with the ice creams. An ice cream in the cup for you since you can’t eat the cone. You grabbed the cup from Yixing’s hand and dug in right away, the tasty sweetness of chocolate made your taste buds happy.
 
“Still as obsessed with chocolate as ever.” You glanced up at Yixing and glared at him before returning to your ice cream.
 
Haha alright, alright. It’s not an obsession.” You smiled at his response and ate your ice cream in happiness.
 
“My girlfriend is too adorable.” Yixing kissed your forehead lightly, chuckling at the way you ate your ice cream. You didn’t feel adorable and you definitely didn’t look the part with your bald head and pale skin but you didn’t bother to disagree with Yixing. He wasn’t talking about the way you looked, Yixing was never talking about the way you looked physically, he loves you for the outgoing and sweet girl inside of you. Though, if you were to ask him about how you looked he would still tell you, you looked beautiful and he wouldn’t be lying.
 
 
The past six days went by much too quickly, before you knew it you were sitting in Yixing’s room while he packed up the last of things for his departure tomorrow. He closed his suitcase and all that remains is a black box sitting on his bed. You eyed him curiously as he took the box, he got onto one knee and opened it, a silver ring appearing before your eyes.
 
Peiyun ah, I don’t know how hectic my life will become as an idol but I promise to dedicate every single second of my free time to you. I don’t know what the future will hold but I do know that I want you to be a part of it. I know you wouldn’t be happy about this but, your parents already told me about your condition knowing how stubborn you are. Peiyun, it doesn’t matter to me how long the time we have together will be, I just want it to be spent with the two of us together as an official couple. I have gotten the approval from our parents and even my company to announce this to the public. I want to show everyone the person who turned me, Zhang Yi Xing, a dorky small town boy into the man I am today. I want to show the world how lucky I am to have a girl as amazing as you support and love me. And I want to wake up for work every day knowing that you’re mine. Fan Pei Yun, will you marry me?” Your eyes glistened from Yixing’s proposal, what other answer would there be for you other than yes? You nodded your head softly as Yixing took your hand, placing the ring on your finger.
 
“Peiyun, I love you so much.” Tears flowed from your eyes uncontrollably while you were in Yixing’s embrace, he held you close and your hair lightly.
 
“Don’t cry silly, you’re supposed to smile.” Yixing put his hands on the sides of your face and brushed the tears off with his thumb, putting them on the corners of your lips in the process, lifting them up himself.
 
“There, that’s better.” You let out a silent laugh at his actions, a man? Yeah, right still the same Yixing you met at the age of seven.
 
“Come on let’s get you cleaned up before we head back to your place for dinner.” Yixing pushed you into his washroom and grabbed the towel hanging in front of his mirror. He wet the corners with warm water and wiped your face lightly, as if you were the most precious thing in the world.
 
Taking the keys your mother gave him from his pocket, Yixing opened the door to your house and headed to the dining table, everyone’s eyes turned to the ring on your right hand.
 
“Oh my gosh, Yixing did you?” Yixing smiled while nodding his head at his mother’s question.
 
“You were supposed to ask her here! I wanted to see her reaction!” Yixing laughed at his mother’s response.
 
“I wanted it to be just the two of us, sorry mom.” Yixing leaned down and kissed your lips softly before pushing you towards the table and grabbing a seat next to you. The six of you ate dinner with a bright atmosphere. 
 
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For those of you who don't know the song "Mouse Loves Rice"
Also... There are two more chapters until the end which I will post today since I have my last exams this week and won't be able to update if I were wait haha