The Walk Home

Sweet Love

It was night, the rain had stopped and Leo's arms were still tightly around Hyuk. Rain droplets could be heard falling to the ground as they slid off the roof over them. Some even fell onto Leo but he didn't mind, his hair, the back of his shirt and the back of his pants were already drenched. The only light was the two street lights nearby. Hyuk was still resting on Leo's chest.

Throughout the rain storm, even as the thunder and rain racked against his head, he could still feel and almost hear the sound of Hyuk's heartbeat. Leo knew that Hyuk was okay, maybe it was from all the running around and practicing he had done today that had tired him out. No one was harder on Hyuk than Hyuk himself. He worked himself too hard sometimes because he felt the pressures of being a makane and living up to an expectation. Leo sighed. 

Despite the biting rain Leo had to admit it was a nice experience: holding Hyuk so close like he had always wanted to do. 

Leo contemplated if he should wake the maknae now but as if he had read his mind, the maknae stirred beneath him. Hyuk squirmed and as he felt the cool air of the night he pulled Leo in closer by hugging him. Leo accomadated and held him tighly. Hyuk with his arms around Leo, felt how wet the back of Leo's shirt was and realized that he was leaning on someone. Then suddenly the memories of the day came back to him in a flash and he pulled away from Leo knocking the jacket off the teddy bear. Hyuk looked up to meet Leo's eyes.

Leo, filled with concern put his hand on Hyuk's forehead and cheek to check his temperature. He didn't have a cold. Hyuk looked around, still a bit dazed. Leo watched as the maknae rubbed his eyes and yawned. Leo then put his hand over Hyuk's hands which were clasped around the small white teddy bear with the red string around it. Leo looked into the maknae's eyes.

"You scared me." he let out plainly.

Hyuk was a bit surprised "I-I'm sorry. I don't know what happened."

Leo let go of Hyuk's hands "Well, let's go home."

Hyuk got off the ledge and dusted himself off the big teddy bear still on his back. Leo took his jacket and helped Hyuk put it on; he didn't want him to be cold while walking home. 

Leo and Hyuk walked the same pace and next to eachother for the first part of the walk home. But then Hyuk started remembering everything that had happened today and fell a bit behind Leo. When he looked up he saw that the back of Leo's shirt was completely drenched. It had rained, Hyuk remembered, but then why was he dry? Leo must've protected him from thr rain. As Hyuk came across this revalation he felt the same knot in his stomach again. Leo really did care for him and Hyuk wouldn't admit it to himself but Hyuk really cared for Leo as well. 

The wind blew steadily. Hyuk noticed that Leo was shivering a bit ahead of him. Hyuk took of Leo's jacket and walked up to him to give the jacket back.

"You'll get a cold hyung!" Hyuk insisted as he tried to put the jacket around Leo. But Leo wouldn't accept it. He took of the jacket once again and gave it to Hyuk.

"No, you wear it."

Hyuk was dissapointed at first and he fell behind Leo again.

Hyuk released the teddy bear from his back and walked up to Leo. Hyuk fastened the velcro straps of the teddy bear around Leo's neck. Leo stopped and looked back at the big white teddy bear that he was giving a piggy back ride to. Then he saw a smiling Hyuk. 

"Leave it on hyung. You look so cute and it'll protect you." Hyuk commented.

Leo blushed a little but then smiled and looked away as he walked on.

Hyuk was a few steps behind Leo admiring the night sky with his hands swinging freely at his sides. As Hyuk searched for some constellations he felt a hand around his wrist. He looked down to see that Leo had reached back to grab onto his wrist. Leo's hand slid down and quietly and without explanation held Hyuk's hand in his own. Hyuk blushed a little and held on to Leo's hand as well. And that's how they were, hand in hand, until they reached the dorm. 

 

Leo quietly opened the door, his other hand still holding Hyuk's. They didn't want to wake anyone up, especially their manager who had set a strict curfew of 11pm for them and would not be happy to see them walking in at 3 am. But luck was not on their side. As soon as the opened the door they saw their manager, arms crossed, waiting for them. The manager looked at them and raised an eyebrow at their condition. Leo was soaking wet with a big white fluffy teddy bear wrapped around his neck and was holding hands with maknae Hyuk who was wearing Leo's jacket with his hair all frazzled. 

Leo immediately took the blame as he saw the manager squinting his eyes at Hyuk. Obviously, he thought the maknae was the cause of the trouble. he wouldn't suspect Leo. "It's my fault, hyung." The manager's eyes widened a little.

"L-leo? you?!" The manager grunted. He was too tired and frustrated to deal with them right now. "I'm very dissapointed. Leo, you know you have an appointment early in the morning tomorrow!"

"I know and I'm sorry." He bowed.

N peeked out of his room and saw the two. 

"Hyuk! I was so worried." N walked over to the two and was about to hug his precious maknae Hyuk when Leo, who was still holding hands with Hyuk, pulled Hyuk towards him so N couldn't hug him. N looked skeptically at Leo and then down at their connected hands. Leo let go of Hyuk's hand realizing that he was still holding it. N put an arm around Hyuk and faced their manager.

"I'll take the blame too, manager-hyung. I should've been looking after Hyuk too." N bowed.

The manager huffed out a sigh in irritation "Okay, look, it doesn't matter now as long as all of you are safe. Now go to sleep!" The manager entered his own room and shut it with bang. And with that the trio went off to sleep. N and Hyuk shared a room for the night and Leo had to sleep in the room with Hongbin, Ravi, and a sick Ken.

Hyuk was already on his bed toying and smiling at the small white teddy bear when N walked in.

"Sooo...?" N asked as he lounged on his own bed. Hyuk looked over at their leader.

"So?" He asked back.

"So what happened?"

"N-nothing. Just ... n-nothing." Hyuk stammered. N was getting annoyed now.

"Oh so is that why you look like a love-struck little girl?"

"H-Hyung! I don't k-know..."

"What's the matter, just tell me! What happened?"

Hyuk looked at the bear again and started blushing profusely. "I... I don't exactly know."

"Okay, let me put it bluntly: Do you like Leo?"

Hyuk buried his head in his blankets "HYUNG!" N laughed and sat on Hyuk bed and put an arm around him. "It's not THAT! Just, every time I'm around him, I get all fluttery and ... girly and I don't know!" Hyuk let out an exasperated huff. N put an arm around Hyuk.

"Aw, how cute! Our maknae's in love." N almost squealed.

"No! ... Hyung!" Hyuk looked at N as he struggeled away from his grip "No. That's ... wrong."

N cocked his head as Hyuk suddenly became fascinated with the patterns on his blanket.

"What do you mean 'that's wrong'?" N asked. Hyuk shook his head.

"You're not supposed to do that." Hyuk said in a whisper.

N became a little annoyed, "You're not supposed to do what? Fall in love?!" N looked at him a little intensely.

"But ... he's another member and ..."

"It doesn't matter. As long as you love him right?" Hyuk started blushing again. N looked at him with a smile on his face.

"So, you admit it." N bent down to look at Hyuk's blushing face, "You like him." N started laughing hysterically at Hyuk's love struck situation and Hyuk had to struggle to push his spazzing hyung off his bed. 

And with that Hyuk went to sleep with the small teddy bear in his hands.

----------

The next day when Hyuk woke up, it was already very late and N wasn't in the room. Hyuk sleepily got up and completed his morning ritual before sitting down on his bed again. Hyuk looked at the teddy bear and smiled a bit. This feeling he was getting in his stomach was too much. He didn't know for sure if Leo felt the same way as him, but at least now he knew what this feeling was. It was love. 

Hyuk got up and walked outside to the living room to find Leo. But instead he found a sulking circle of members. Everyone was quiet and sad. 

"H-hey... what's wrong?" Hyuk asked. Everyone's head shot up to see Hyuk looking at them with worried eyes. "Where is Leo-hyung?" Hyuk asked. N got up and went to maknae.

"I have to tell you something. Come to-" N started but Ken finished it off.

"He's leaving."

"Ken!" N shouted back.

"Well, he's going to find out sooner or later." 

"W-what is he talking about?" Hyuk asked a bit scared. N swallowed the lump in his throat and reminded himself that he was the leader of this group.

"The management wants Leo to debut solo. He's leaving VIXX and will be going abroad to train. He's with the CEO signing his contract now."

Hyuk's heart sank. 

"Manager-hyung told us this morning... I'm sorry, Hyuk." N was almost in tears as he hugged the maknae. Hyuk was still a bit numb. Leo was leaving him. After ... after he had just ... 

"No!" Hyuk pushed N away "we're only a few days away from debut! They can't do that!"

"Hyuk..." Ravi sarted but he didn't finish. Hyuk ran to his room grabbed the small teddy bear off his bed and ran out the door.

--------------

The room was a bit stuffy and too claustrophobic for Leo's liking. 

"Sit down." said their CEO as he pointed to the chair across from him. Leo sat down as instructed. 

"So, Taekwoon. I've noticed that there's something special about you." He started "You've got a great voice, your dancing is spectacular and well .. well, let me just get to the point. I don't want you to debut in VIXX. Instead I want to debut you as a soloist." 

Leo looked at him, still not fully awake this early in the morning.

"Excuse me, sir?" Leo asked unsure if he had heard correctly. The CEO opened some drawers and took out a file and put it in front of leo and opened it. It was a contract and at the bottom there was a big "X" where Leo was supposed to sign.

"So, here's the deal, before you debut as a soloist, I want you to go abroad and study English for a while and train more. And when I think you're ready, you'll debut." The CEO looked at Leo directly in the eyes.

Leo didn't understand. Why was he hesitating at this offer? Wasn't this his dream? To be a successful singer? To have everyone know his name? Leo looked down at the black ink pen that the CEO handed him. WHY was he hesitating so much? Was it because of a stupid little boy he had risked his health to protect last night? Was it because of a stupid little boy that had made him smile more in one day than he probably had in his entire life? Was it because of a stupid little boy that Leo was completely in love with? 

Leo shook his head and picked up the pen. This was for his future. For his dream. He had to sign it to reach his goal. How could he forget his goal. Leo put the tip of the pen on the paper and watched as the ink spread on to the paper and made a small dot.

Hyuk ran faster than he ever thought he could as he tried to get to the CEO's main building where Leo was. This contract would lead Leo to his dream. And you can't just give up on your dream ... right?

AN: Hello! Only one chapter left! :D I've actually had a lot of ideas in my head so far but I just wanted to finish this fic first~ I hope all of you have enjoyed it up to now and all the comments and subs really help me ^^ So now I've left you with a cliffhanger! :O Oh-no! XD 
I'll try to update soon~ Also, I wanted your opinion, on my next fic, which is most likely going to be a VIXX fic ^^, which pairing would you like to see? Maybe I should write a You/VIXX member fanfic? Should I? Or maybe N/Ravi? Leave your opinions below~ BAAAI<333