The Fair

Sweet Love

Leo stared as the pink fluffs magically appeared and piling onto the little blue cone. He'd heard about it before but he'd never tried it: cotton candy. Hyuk took the cone as it was handed to him and gave the vendor some money. He then took out a piece of the pink sweet treat and put it in his mouth.

" Mmm, it's really good!" Hyuk commented.

He motioned at Leo to try some so Leo took out a piece but was reluctant. It looked like cotton, felt like cotton, and was probably going to taste like cotton. Where was the candy bit? Leo looked at the pink fluff in disgust. 

"It's good! It's good!" Hyuk encouraged.

Leo looked at the boy then quickly put the bit in his mouth. He expected the taste of damp cotton but actually the pink fluff dissolved swiftly in his mouth and left him with a sweet taste. It was ... good. Leo took another piece, then another, then another. As Hyuk watched Leo devour the cotton candy, he giggled silently and considered it a success. 

Hyuk and Leo walked around the fair dressed casually. Hyuk was wearing a plaid button-up shirt with black skinny jeans and Leo was wearing a white v-neck with a black jacket and brown skinny jeans. The fair was filled with tons of people; some couples, some family, some friends. The sun was shining despite the clouds coming in. 

The duo was watching an exciting toy boat race when the smell of street food drew Hyuk away and so Leo followed. 

Hyuk's eyes lit up at all the food.

"I'll have some dukboki please." Hyuk asked. The vendor put some on a paper  bowl as Hyuk reached for his wallet but Leo stopped him. 

"I'll pay." he offered and handed the vendor the needed amount.

"B-but hyung!" 

"It's fine, Hyuk." Leo assured as he handed Hyuk his food. Hyuk smiled that Leo had done such a thing for him; he really thought that they were becoming closer. The wind blew slightly as the clouds formed above.

Hyuk punctured the dukboki with a toothpick and blew on it. It looked so good with the spicy sauce. Hyuk looked over at Leo who was focusing somewhere else and decided that maybe Leo would like some. He held the dukboki out for him.

"Hyung." Hyuk offered. Leo looked at the dukboki with speculation then up at Hyuk. This boy was going to kill him. First all of that cotton candy and now this.

"I can't. I'm full." Leo said.

"Try it hyung! It's really good." Hyuk insisted with a smile on his face and how could Leo reject that smile?

He leaned in and blew on the dukboki and ate it. It really was good. Actually, it was so good that when Hyuk offered another one, Leo gladly leaned in to eat it. Suddenly he heard Hyuk laugh. Leo looked over at the maknae. The sun was glinting off his eyes and it made him look so precious. He didn't know why Hyuk was laughing but he was thankful that he was.

"Hyung! You have sauce all over." Hyuk chided as he stopped laughing. He leaned in and took Leo's face in his hand and wiped the corner of his lips with his thumb and then the sauce off his thumb.

"Mmmm. I told you it was good, huh?"

"Yeah." Leo responded quickly still stunned at the maknae's action. Maybe that's what you did when you were close to someone, Leo thought and he smiled.

They walked along as they continued to finish their dukboki. Then a crowd began to form infront of them; they were all focusing on something. Nonchalantly, both Leo and Hyuk both joined the crowd to see what was happening. 

"Come one, come all!" a man dressed in an awkward purple suit with an awkward purple cape and an awkward mustache said awkwardly, "and witness the power of hypnosis!!!" He waved his hands in large motions, making him look even more weird. "First, I'll need a volunteer. Anyone? anyone?" He looked around the crowd but no one  volunteered. Leo and Hyuk weren't really paying attention, they were busy stuffing their faces with the dukboki. "Very well, then ... you!" the man pointed at Hyuk whose cheeks were filled with dukboki, "come on down!" 

"Me?" Hyuk exclaimed in disbelief as bits of dukboki flew out of his mouth. 

The man massaged his temples, clearly irritated for no reason, "Yes, you." 

Hyuk fed Leo one last dukboki before leaving and heading over to the man. Leo, whose mouth was also filled with dukboki, looked up as he realized Hyuk was walking towards a strange man. He reached his hand out to grab Hyuk but he was already sitting down in front of the strange caped man and he was in the process of being hypnotized. The strange man swung a clock infront of Hyuk's face and it seemed as though Hyuk was completely in a trance.

"You're getting tired. You're feeling sleeeeeeeppy~" the man said in  almost a whisper, "Now, when I count to three, you'll fall asleep."

Leo took a step forward. What was this guy planning? Both the crowd and Leo watched closely.

"1 ... 2 ... ... ... 3!" The man snapped his fingers in front of Hyuk face with a great flourish. 

But Hyuk's eyes were still open. The awkwardly dressed man squinted his eyes and snapped again. Hyuk flinched but nothing happend, he looked around in confusion.

"Was ... was something supposed to happen?" he questioned.

Suddenly Leo burst out laughing, holding his stomach and slapping his knee. The utter failure of this "hypnotist" was just hilarious. Soon other people in the crowd joined in and some even left, shaking their head. The "hypnotist's" mustache twitched in agitation. He snapped his fingers again but Hyuk wasn't paying attention. He was smiling ... at Leo.  He had never seen his hyung laugh so much and with such heart. Leo looked absolutely happy. Hyuk got up and walked over to Leo leaving the "hypnotist" to his own musings. Leo put and arm around Hyuk and continued laughing with him.

"Daebak!" Leo commented as they walked along, still smiling. Being this close to him, a fluttery feeling began to emerge in Hyuk's stomach. What is it? Seeing Leo smile like that for the first time, Hyuk realized how handsome his hyung was. Leo's face and jawline were structured so sharply and his bangs really brought out his eyes and overall he just looked so handsome. After a while of admiring, Hyuk thought that maybe he had been staring for too long and looked around to find something else to do. Anything to calm his heart down. 

Ahead, Hyuk saw a high striker game. It was a game to test your strength. You would take a wodden hammer and hit the target with all your strength and the meter would tell you how strong you were by assiging you a number. The higher the meter went, the stronger you were and if you managed to hit the bell on the top of the meter, that meant that you were the strongest. This high striker game was bigger than ones Hyuk normally saw and it was lined with LED lights.

"Hyung! Let's go try that!" Hyuk called as he ran off. Hyuk picked up the hammer and turned around to see Leo looking at him with a raised eyebrow. "I may look weak, hyung, but" Hyuk raised his right arm to show off his non-exsistent muscles, "I'm actually really strong!" Leo smiled at the maknae's conviction and nodded for him to try it. Hyuk raised the hammer and landed it on the target. The meter went up to 250. "Ah~" Hyuk sighed and put one hand behind his head as he stared at the meter. Then laughter was heard as a trio of high school boys walked up to the game. Hyuk turned to face them. They looked like trouble. 

"Is that all you can do?" a bulky one sneered at Hyuk. Leo put a hand on Hyuk's shoulder as if telling him that it was time to go but Hyuk didn't listen. He pushed his chest out and stayed in his spot. The bulky boy scoffed at Hyuk's action. Now, Hyuk was much taller than the boy so he had to look up when talking to him but the boy was also more built than Hyuk. 

The bulky boy snatched the hammer from Hyuk's hands. He raised it up and with a grunt, he landed the hammer sending the meter up to 500. The bulky boy laughed his annoying little laugh and high-fived his friends. Leo pulled Hyuk back but Hyuk wasn't taking it. Hyuk might've seemed skinny and powerless to those boys but he wasn't gonna let them think he was weak. The maknae walked up to the bulky boy and took the hammer right out of his hands. The trio looked at Hyuk with surprise. Hyuk stood infront of the game and let out a breath and loosed up his shoulders. 

"Hyuk." Leo said trying to stop him. Why was he trying to start something?

"Not now, hyung." Hyuk responded. Leo was a bit taken back. Hyuk had never acted this way before. Not towards him. Hyuk raised the hammer and landed it as hard as he could. 

750.

Leo's eyes widened in surprise. VIXX's little maknae was ... strong! Leo's surprise then transformed into a smile. Hyuk looked up at his score and smiled as well, he didn't know he had it in him.

The bulky boy looked and the meter then back at Hyuk. He was enraged that this scrawny little boy could beat him. He charged at Hyuk and pushed him down.

Now. Leo doesn't get into fights. Especially not between highschoolers. But in that instant, it was like a needle through his heart. Hyuk, HIS Hyuk was pushed down and it was like an instinct and Leo couldn't stop himself. He swiftly grabbed the bulky boy by the collar and pushed him down all in a matter of a couple of seconds. 

"Don't you dare touch him." Leo growled in a low intimidating voice. He looked to Hyuk and helped him up. "You okay?" Leo asked his voice transforming into a warm gentle sound as he held the maknae's hand. Hyuk looked at the bulky boy who was struggling to get up and then and Leo. Their faces were so close together. Hyuk's face started to heat up. There was something in Leo's eyes as he looked down at the maknae. Yes, it was filled with worry but also something else ... 

The bulky boy got to his feet with the help of his friends. He wheezed as he tried to catch his breath. A small crowd had gathered to see what was happening.

"One more time! One more time!!" He kept shouting at Leo and Hyuk, "I know I'm stronger!"

Hyuk got up and the bulky boy took up the hammer and slammed it onto the target.

800. 

He breathed heavily and smirked as he offered Hyuk the hammer. Hyuk looked at it and he was about to grab it but Leo was faster. Leo snatched the hammer out of the boy's hands and walked to the little contraption.

Leo was different from Hyuk. Leo had broad shoulders, muscled arms, and a built body. To put it plainly, Leo was intimidating when angry. 

He took a step back and guaged the meter and the target. Then in one swift motion, Leo slammed the hammer down onto the target and the bell rang immediately.

1000

The crowd was in shock and some of them even clapped. The bulky boy flinched and Leo looked at him with fearless eyes. Leo then threw the hammer down at the boy's feet and the trio ran off. Hyuk looked at Leo is amazement.

"Wow ... daebak, hyung." Hyuk complimented quietly, still amazed.

"Are you okay, Hyuk?" Leo asked rushing up to him adn ignoring his compliment.

"I-I'm fine."

"Do we need to go to the hospital? Do you want me to go hurt them?"

"N-no. Hyung!" Hyuk smiled.

Leo stepped back, at a loss of what to do, "D-do you need an ice pack?"

Hyuk laughed and with a bit of courage he hugged him "Thank you." Leo was frozen for a moment but he hugged back. Feeling the maknae in his arms was nice.

 Leo felt a tug on his arm and turned around, a bit annoyed at the interruption. He saw a big white teddy bear infront of him being held out by a small little ahjumma. 

"No one has rung the bell before." The ahjumma stated plainly. Leo and Hyuk looked down in confusion at the little lady. "Here's your prize." she handed Leo the big white teddy bear and left. Leo held the bear at a distance, still confused. Hyuk leaned down and took the face of the bear in his hands. 

"Ah! It's so cute, hyung!" Hyuk cooed at the bear. Leo looked down at Hyuk and again a smile appeared again. He really wasn't someone who liked toys so Leo held the toy out to Hyuk at arms length. 

"Here." Leo stated plainly trying to hide his burning cheeks. Hyuk looked from the teddy bear to Leo.

"Wah. Thanks hyung!" Hyuk took the teddy bear. There was velcro on the palms of the bear's hands so Hyuk put the bear on his back and fastened the bear's hands around his neck. He looked like he was giving the bear a piggy back ride.

Leo and Hyuk both smiled at the bear. Hyuk's heart seemed to be filled up to the brim with happiness; his Leo-hyung had opened up so much today. It made him happy knowing that they had gotten so close so quickly. Being the maknae, everyone cared for him and babied him but the way Leo did it made it seem more special. Usually his hyungs took care of him because he was the maknae but it seemed that Leo took care of him because ... because he wanted to, because he actually cared for him. Hyuk's cheeks fired up at the thought. Why was it that he felt this way around Leo? He was just another hyung, right? There was something different about the way Leo cared for him and that's what caused the butterflies in his stomach.

Hyuk couldn't think about it anymore or he would explode from all the heat gathering on his face. He wanted to do something for his hyung since Leo had done so much for him.

"I wanna win something for you too, hyung!" Hyuk exclaimed as he held onto Leo's hand. Then Hyuk suddenly started yawning. He didn't know why but he felt a little tired. Hyuk looked around the fair and saw a similar teddy bear being put up as one of the prizes for a game. 

"I'll be back!" Hyuk exclaimed as he ran towards the game, the teddy bear on his back bouncing up and down as he ran. He was determined to win the bear for his hyung. Then they could have matching teddy bears! Leo ran after him, seriously this boy had too much energy.

But by the time Leo got there the game was already over and the vendor was handing over a smaller plain white teddy bear to Hyuk. 

"Ah, sorry hyung. I couldn't win." Hyuk looked down at the small teddy bear, scratching his head. Leo looked at it as well and a smile formed on his lips. The bear reminded him of Hyuk. Pure, innocent, and sweet. Leo took it.

"It's cute. I lke it. I'm keeping it." Leo stated. Hyuk looked at Leo is disbelief, was he just saying that to make Hyuk happy or did he really mean it? As soon he saw Leo's smile, it removed all doubt. Hyuk was glad that his hyung liked the teddy bear but as he looked down at it, he thought maybe it needed something more; it looked so plain. Hyuk looked around the prize area and spotted some red string curled up in an ornate jewelry box. He thought that was odd, why was a mere red string being offered as a prize?

"Ahjumma?" Hyuk called "What's that?" He pointed at the red string. The ahjumma running the game looked at where Hyuk was pointing and her eyes softened with nostalgia.

"Oh, this?" she said in her quiet voice as she took out the red string "Haven't you heard the story?"

Leo and Hyuk both looked at her with confusion. 

"The story of the red string of fate and what it means for lovers?" she continued. Hyuk started to feel a bit drowsy but he kept listening. The clouds brewed above and it looked like it was going to rain. But the boys didn't notice the crowds of people leaving the fair, they were too focused on the red string. They both shook their head at the ahjumma's question.

"Well, the story goes that everyone, when they're born, has a red string tied to their finger ... and the other end of the string is tied to their soulmate." Both Leo and Hyuk were interested now. The ahjumma smiled at the boys then continued "The string may twist, it may knot up, and it may tangle but it will never break ... because those two people are meant for eachother." Thunder clapped above and the ahjumma gasped. "You boys better get going! It's about to rain!" She hurried to gather her belongings. Both Leo and Hyuk reached out to touch the string and their hands coincidentally met. They both pulled back. Hyuk looked at Leo but then turned away when their eyes met.

"A-Ahjumma!" Hyuk called trying his best not to let fatigue overtake him. The old lady looked at Hyuk. "H-how much for the srting? I-I want it."

Leo and the Ahjumma both tilted their heads with confusion but then the old lady understood. She looked at the two boys infront of her and she understood their story. At first glance she saw that Hyuk, the little makne who had found his strength today was standing next to Leo, the broad-shouldered main vocalist who had discovered his smile today. But when she looked closer she realized it was actually not the individual Leo and Hyuk she saw but one connected entity. It was Leo and Hyuk, the two clueless boys who had discovered eachother today. They were an odd couple, no doubt, but that doens't scare fate away and the ahjumma knew this. 

"For you?" she called out, "It's free. Take it." and she smiled a knowing smile as she hurried away. Hyuk carefully took the red string and tied a bow around the small teddy bear's neck. There. Now it was perfect. Leo looked on curiously at Hyuk but then the thunder shook the sky and rain droplets started falling. Leo put and arm around Hyuk as if to protect him from the rain.

"Let's head home! It's about to rain." Leo advised. Hyuk tried to take a step but was suddenly overcome with fatigue and fell onto Leo. Leo held onto him, not letting him fall.

"H-hyung. I-I don't know why ... but I suddenly feel ... really sleepy." Hyuk tried to explain as they started walking out of the fair. Leo supported Hyuk as they walked. What was happening? Leo was worried. 

"Hyuk? Hyuk, just try to stay awake." Was the "hypnotist's" magic only working now?! He didn't know what was happening but he knew that they wouldn't have time to get home before the rain started pouring so for now they had to find shelter.

Up ahead there was a pretty big estate. It's property was protected by a wall and the wall had a small old Japanese-styled roof overhead and a ledge running across the wall for people to sit on. Here, Leo rested Hyuk who still had the teddy bear around his neck and the smaller teddy bear with the red string in his hands. Hyuk rubbed his eyes, trying to stay awake. The ledge only accomadated one person and the shade was only large enough to shield Hyuk so there was no place for Leo. Instead, Leo stood facing the sitting maknae and shielded him from some of the rain. 

"Hyuk! Hyuk! Are you okay?" Leo cried holding Hyuk's face in his hands. Leo's hair was completely drenched now from the rain that was beginning to come down heavily. Hyuk couldn't keep his eyes open any longer. He didn't  know what was happening to him. Why was he so sleepy? 

"Hyuk!" Leo's voice was almost a whisper "What's happening?" 

"H-hyung..." Hyuk said quietly, "I'm - I'm so cold." And with that Hyuk rested his head on Leo's shoulder and fell asleep. Leo, hearing that the maknae was cold, took off his jacket and put it around the sleeping maknae and his teddy bear.

He didn't know what else to do. How had Hyuk gotten this sleepy so quickly? He was full of energy before. For the first time in Leo's life, he was scared. He didn't know what was going to happen to this boy peacefully sleeping on his shoulder. He didn't know if he was going to be alright. And that scared him. Suddenly the rain started pounding heavily and the wind brought the rain under the shade towards the two boys. Instinctively, Leo closed the space between them and enclosed Hyuk between his arms and his chest. 

The rained furiously and without mercy onto Leo's back, completely drenching the back of his shirt. 

Leo closed his eyes and held on to Hyuk a little tighter using his own head to cover Hyuk's. He was scared, but it dawned on him that he already knew what he needed to do. He had already decided a long time ago when he first saw Hyuk walk into the practice room that he would protect this boy. And that's what he would do now and forever. Leo would protect Hyuk; he would be his hero.

 

AN: I am so sorry. I put you through all of that cheesiness. I am so sorry. Good lord. But I hope you all liked it!~ This chapter actually came to me in a dream and I really liked it so I wrote it down~ I want to thank everyone who commented cause it really does help! Like seriously, seeing that I have a new comment makes me have butterflied in MY stomach<333 And thank you to all the subscribers as well. I love you. And thanks to all my silent readers<33 You guys are just precious. ^^ Oh, and I know that the main picture isn't of like a fair setting but when I first saw it, I thought they were at a fair ... where they sell lots of shoes. OMG and did you guys see Hyuk's dance cover of A Pink's Hush?? OMG so cuteeeee~ Hyuk was so awkward but that made the dance so adorable!! Yeah and Leo's reaction was so cute. He was smiling at first then Hyuk did the move and he looked away. LOL. XD Kay, now I'm just rambling. Bai guise.