Jiyong Got A Job

Beautiful Disaster

 

“Hello, my name is Kwon Jiyong.  Ms. Sandara Park told me to come here?”

“So we finally met.  I’m Choi Seunghyun and I’m the person you’re looking for.”  TOP offered his hand for a handshake and Jiyong took it.

“I thought I’m looking for a certain TOP-ssi?”

“My friends call me TOP, but you can call me Seunghyun.”  TOP smiled a bit while he said this, but his expression was nowhere near friendly.  TOP is looking at Jiyong in the eyes, hoping his message gets across.  It annoyed him more that this Jiyong doesn’t seem a bit fazed by the cold welcome, and had this arrogant air around him.

When Dara told him about this man, and asked that he be given a job in his restaurant, TOP was not happy at all.  He doesn’t trust this guy – he kidnapped Dara, robbed a convenience store, was associated with gunned men and almost put Dara in danger.   TOP cannot even imagine crossing paths with him again and now that Jiyong is in front of him, it’s taking all his energy just fighting the urge to punch him so hard until he passes out.  It irks him even more that his girlfriend is helping him.  He knows Dara has such a pure heart; but he still thinks that helping a person who almost killed you is way beyond the line of kindness and tolerance.

____________________________________

TOP showed Jiyong around the vicinity of the restaurant.  The construction is already done, but there’s still painting and finishing to be done, so the place is still messy.

“I’m going to take you as a waiter for the restaurant, but as you see we’re still not finished here. So for now, you can just help the guys out with the painting and cleaning until we are able to open it finally.  That is, of course, if you’re okay with it.” 

TOP looked back at Jiyong who was still looking around the place.  There’s really something in his expression that annoys TOP.  Instead of being humble, this guy had that look on his face like he’s from a government inspection agency or something.

“When do I start?” Jiyong asked. 

“Well, since you’re already here you can start now.  I’ll tell the guys you’re here to help them.”

“Alright, I’ll go start then.”

“Before I leave you here, can I just say something?  I know my girlfriend is helping you out, and even though I still can’t understand why she’s doing it, I’m just gonna warn you that I’ll be watching you.  I will not ever forget what you did to my girl, and know that I’m not letting you off the hook just yet.  Don’t bring your mess in here.  It’s already too much that Dara decided not to file a case.” 

TOP’s starting to raise his voice now.  He just couldn’t keep quiet anymore, and the best that he could do now is to give him a warning.

“This is my territory, and if I had it my way, I’m not gonna take you in.  But Dara is a nice person and she likes helping people, so I’m doing this for her.”  “But one wrong step and I will make sure that you’ll get what you deserve.  And one more thing, stay away from my girl.”

Jiyong was already expecting this.  He already knew that once he meets the boyfriend, who happens to be his future boss, he’s going to hear these things.  Actually he was even shocked that TOP has not hit him yet.  It wouldn’t have mattered to him if he got punched in the face; he knows he deserves it.  And he cannot back out from this work anymore, he needs it badly.  The sooner he can pay back Dara, the better.  He’s just going to swallow all these harsh words from Choi Seunghyun, and work his off.

“You don’t have to remind me.  Aside from having to pay her back all that I owe her, I don’t want anything to do with her too.  So you don’t have to worry about that.”

“That’s settled then; you can start working now.”

TOP was surprised that Jiyong bowed to him before he left.  He doubts he did that out of courtesy. 

TOP stayed at the site for about thirty minutes.  Once in a while, he’d pass by where Jiyong is to see if he’s lazing around.  But Jiyong doesn’t seem to mind him though; he’s actually absorbed in his work.  TOP then turned to leave the guys there, he still has a meeting to attend to.

“Keep your eye on that new guy, will you?  Make sure he always has something to do.”  TOP told one of the workers there on his way out.

He took his phone out and sent a message to Dara.  “You really are the kindest person I know.  I love you, you naïve girl.”

_________________________________

“Why are you smiling like that?  Lemme guess, your boyfriend?”  Park Han Byul caught Dara with that giddy smile on her face when she entered Dara’s office. 

She is Dara’s best friend; they met in college and worked in the same publishing company.  It’s their mutual interest in fashion and music that got them closer; even though Han Byul is quite the opposite of Dara.  She has a very outgoing personality, enjoys partying and dating; while Dara, although she is friendly, prefers movies, coffee or staying at home.  In spite of this, she enjoys being friends with Dara because she keeps her sane.  When she gets drunk or crazy, after partying or after breaking up with her boyfriend, Dara has always been there to support her and keep her back on track.

“What, is it a crime to feel giddy now?”  “And why are you intruding my space now?  Are you done researching on that stuff the boss told you about?”

“Ehh, do I have to ask permission to visit you now?  Do you have bodyguards watching for you now after that incident?”  Han Byul was leaning on the table facing Dara.

“You’re not doing anything anymore, let’s go out.  Let’s watch a movie.  You’re not spending that much time with me anymore.  I’m feeling bad already.  If you’re not busy with work, either you’re with TOP or you’re at home.”

“Of course I want to spend time with you.  You’re the one who’s busy these days, with your new boyfriend.  Who is it this time?  A young CEO? A singer?  Oh, I remember now, he’s an actor right?”  Dara knows Han Byul is dating someone new now but she changes boyfriend as often as she changes her bag, she can’t keep track anymore.

“I already told you on the phone the other night.  He’s a model!  You prick, you don’t even listen to my stories anymore.  I’m guessing you just put the speaker on while I blab.  Admit it, you did that didn’t you?”

Dara can’t help but laugh at her friend’s reaction.  “No I listen, it’s just that you change boyfriends so often that I get confused already.”

“Eh, who are you to talk to me like that?”  Han Byul starts teasing Dara.  “I sure have dated a lot of men but at least I learned a lot from my experiences.  You, on the other hand my dear friend, has dated only one guy in your entire life and don’t even know what is all about.”

Dara’s eyes widened and she slapped Byul so hard on the arm.  Byul loves teasing her about this fact – it’s her best weapon against Dara.

“Yah!  Don’t say that!  TOP and I love each other so much; there’s no need to rush.  He respects me a lot you know, plus my parents trust him.”

“Yeah right, you always say that; but I know what’s on your mind.  I know for a fact that you really wanna do it with him soon. Hahahah!”  Byul is laughing so hard, knowing that she was right on the jackpot again.  Dara was hitting her repeatedly but at the same time, she can’t help but laugh at herself too.

“I’m a grown-up woman so I’m allowed to think that.  Besides, we’ve been dating for so many years already.”  “But hey, we had a passionate kiss last night.”

“KYAAAAAHHHH!”  The two girls are now shouting out of giddiness.  It’s a small thing for Byul, but knowing Dara’s state, she knows how big of a step it was already.

“Was there a tongue involved? Kyaaaaaaahhh!”  Byul asked and the two of them are hugging and jumping now, until they realized that people outside might think they’re crazy.  So after a minute, they calmed themselves down.

Dara went back to her seat and started fixing her things, getting ready to leave.

“Where are you going?  I thought we’re going out today.”  Byul asked.

“Invite me again next week okay?  I need to go to TOP’s restaurant now.  I want to surprise him, bring food for him and his workers there.”

“Okay then, if you say so.  Better not back out on me next time okay; or else I’m going to post a bulletin in the office that you are still a .”  Byul had that “come-and-get-me look” and she ran as fast as she could out of Dara’s office, before Dara could hit her with something.

_________________________________

Dara bought pizza and snacks while on her way to TOP’s restaurant.  She did not call him ahead that she’s coming because she wants to surprise him.  It’s still two hours past lunch and so she’s certain that TOP could still be at the site.  As she nears the site, her heart is beating so fast though.  This isn’t the first time that she’s doing something special for her boyfriend, but she feels nervous.

When she arrived at the restaurant, she parked her car on the side and immediately went inside.  The workers recognize her of course and the one in charge approached her as soon as she came in.

“Nice of you to visit Ms. Sandara; but Seunghyun-sajangnim (boss) is not here.  He left this morning, didn’t he tell you?”

“Oh really?  Too bad I was planning to surprise him, that’s why I didn’t call him also on my way here.”  Dara was talking to the in-charge guy, but her eyes were away searching for something, or someone?  Then there, she saw him as he walked past a door opening.

“Why don’t you open my car and bring the food inside.  You guys just take a break for a while and enjoy the snacks I bought, okay?  I’ll just call TOP that I’m here.”  She then handed the car keys to the guy and proceeded on her way inside.  She reached the kitchen area and he saw him on a ladder, painting the ceiling at the corner.  Dara approached him.

“There you are.  I was starting to think you didn’t show up when I couldn’t find you earlier.”  Dara was looking above him and Jiyong didn’t even look at her.

“Did you come here just for that?  You think I’d run away and forget my debt, huh?”  Jiyong said, still not looking down, concentrating hard on painting.

“Of course not.  I came here to see my boyfriend but turns out he’s left already.”

“That’s your boyfriend huh?  He looks like a rich guy, but he has a personality disorder.”

“Eh?  What do you mean?”

“Nothing.  Just forget it.  I guess rich people act alike.  You’re not normal, either.”

“Whatever.  Anyway, I bought food so why don’t you join the other guys there?”

“Then that would add up to my debts, no thanks.”

“Why do you have to always mention that when you see me?  I never talk to you just to collect you know.  You always see me like a walking bill statement.”

“That’s exactly what you are to me.”  Jiyong said, with his poker face still on.  He got down from the ladder to get something.  Dara stepped aside when he passed, a bit annoyed that this guy is ignoring her.

“You shouldn’t be here; this place is messy and you might get paint on that expensive dress of yours.”  Jiyong said, finally facing her; but he was now standing on the other corner, far from Dara.

“Yeah, I guess you’re right.  Since TOP is not here and you’re giving me the cold shoulders, so yeah I guess I should be going.  Do your best on your work, I only told my boyfriend that you’re hardworking that’s why he said yes in taking you in.”

When Dara was getting ready to go out, her phone fell.  She sat down to pick it up, but when she was about to stand up, her heel caught a part of her dress and she went off-balance.  She tried to stand up straight but she bumped on the ladder beside her.  The can of paint that Jiyong left on the ladder was gonna fall on her, and Jiyong saw all this.  He ran as fast as he can to her, pushed her aside, knocking down the both of them on the floor.

Everything happened so fast, their eyes wide open as soon as they realized their position.  Dara was lying on her back and Jiyong was on top of her…and their lips touched.

 

 

_________________________________

A/N:  Sorry guys if this chap seems a bit rushed.

I'm really in a hurry writing this, I have to leave for Thailand now for a vacation.

I'll be back next week; I have no time to proofread this anymore so forgive me for

some grammar mishaps if there are. Okay, enjoy reading. Thanks for the comments!

Ppyong! =)