Another Hello?

Beautiful Disaster

 

Dara settled herself on the couch at TOP’s living room.  They just had dinner together and she has not said anything yet about what happened earlier that day.  In the many years that they have been dating, TOP already knows that Dara will always speak when she is ready.  So he just welcomed her with a warm hug when she arrived at his place and led her to the dining table. 

Once in a while he looked at her, while he was still preparing dinner.  Dara just sat there looking at nothing in particular, obviously trying so hard to restrain herself form crying.  Every now and then she’d also meet TOP’s eyes, and he would just give her a smile, hoping that the burden she’s carrying will somehow lighten.  He still didn’t ask anything while they ate; he would just reach out and squeeze her hand whenever she stops eating.

After cleaning up, TOP joined Dara at the couch and put his arm around her, and Dara leaned her head on his shoulder.  She took a deep breath before finally speaking out.

“Am I a bad person?”

TOP was shocked by her question.  He looked at her, and pulled her chin so she would meet him in the eyes.

“Babe, of course not.  Why would you even think that?  Did something happen today?  I can tell you’re upset about something.”

“I offered to help someone today, but that person must have thought I was arrogant or something.”  Dara answered.

“Then whoever that person is doesn’t deserve your help.  Just forget about it babe.  I know how good your heart is and the people around you can attest to that.”

“Yeah I guess so.  I think it just caught me off-guard.  It’s my first time in a long while that someone said mean things to me.” 

“Who is this person anyway?  Do you want me to talk to that person?”

“No it’s okay.  I probably won’t see that person again anyway.”  Dara then put her arms around TOP’s waist and hid her face in his chest, taking in his scent.  She loves it when she gets to hug her boyfriend like this; she feels so safe.

TOP felt contented as well, that he could make his woman feel good this way.  He is happy that Dara calls him when something bothers her.  How he wishes that he could take care of her for the rest of his life.  He thought again of his cancelled proposal and wondered when he would get the chance again.  He put his free hand inside his pocket and grabbed the small box.  Should he say it now? 

He moved his hands so he could cup Dara’s face in his hands, and brushed his thumbs on her flawless skin.  The way she’s looking at him now is driving him crazy.  He is really in love with this girl.

Dara blinked her eyes in wonder – “what’s with his look?” she thought.  She smiled at TOP and asked him while their eyes were still locked on each other.  “What are you thinking?”

“I’m just thinking how lucky I am that I have you in my arms right now.”  He smiled back at her, his eyes still on her.  “I might have done something so great in my previous life to deserve something like this.”  He chuckled, but at the same time he was feeling nervous.  His heart is beating so fast right now.

Dara’s getting anxious too by the way her boyfriend is acting right now.  “Honey, you’re making me uneasy.”  She laughed slightly but her voice was shaking.

TOP leaned down to kiss her, and she gladly returned the kiss.  Their lips were moving slowly and passionately.  Dara’s hand went to the back of TOP’s head, feeling him closer and both of them are now absorbed in each other’s kisses.  TOP held her closer, moving his head slowly, feeling her soft lips on his.  When she opened a bit to catch her breath, it gave TOP room to slip his tongue inside and deepen the kiss.  Her worries are slowly slipping away from her mind as she gets taken away by the kiss.

Dara is savoring this moment; her boyfriend is not really the passionate kind of guy.  He was always so careful with her; giving her quick kisses and warm hugs whenever they’re together.  But this is the first time that TOP is going a bit sensual towards her.  She’s getting excited with this thought as their kiss gets deeper.  Then TOP pulled away a bit, leaning his forehead on Dara’s.  Both of them now breathing heavily.  As far as Dara could remember, that was the longest and most passionate kiss that they had.

“I love you.”  TOP whispered to her.

Dara felt so elated hearing these words from her boyfriend.  He must have known how upset she was today that he’s being extra sweet to her now, she thought to herself.  “I love you too.”

TOP gave her a quick peck on the lips again.  He smiled at her, with his hands on Dara’s shoulders now, both of them facing each other.  He took in a deep breath before he started speaking.

“Babe, I know how upset you are today and this might not be the best time.  But having you in my arms just now made me realize how perfect this moment is, and that I wish I could have more moments with you like that.  I want to take care of you always; I want to be the one you run to when you’re happy and even when your heart is heavy.” 

“With that said, there’s something I want to ask of you right now.”

“Honey, what are you saying?”  She’s thinking of something and she hopes she is right; but she’s feeling so nervous right now.  She has imagined this before and wished that it would happen soon given the long period that they have been dating.

TOP stood up and put his hand in his pocket.  And just when he was about to put it out, Dara’s phone rang.  His grasp on the small box tightened.  What a perfect timing.  Dara ignored the phone call though, for she was more eager to know what TOP’s going to say.  But the ringing didn’t stop and TOP just smiled at her and sat back down. 

“Answer it babe, it must be important.”

“Are you sure?”  Dara was hesitant to get her phone.  She could’ve have ignored everything just to hear from TOP what she has been dreaming to hear.  But TOP was very generous and nodded at her. 

“There’s always a next time.  If someone is calling you at this hour, then it must be very urgent.”

Dara finally took the call, not even bothering to look at the number.  “Hello?”  She looked at TOP nervously when she heard that familiar voice again.

“Umm it’s me, Kwon Jiyong.”

“Hold on for a while…”

Dara doesn’t know why this guy is making her feel nervous all the time.  She’s surprised that he’s calling her again after he walked out on her.  But she doesn’t want TOP to worry more, so she stood up from the couch so she could hear what this guy has to say.  Dara covered her phone while excusing herself from TOP.

“I’ll just take this call, is that okay?”

“Yeah sure, take your time babe.”

Dara went inside TOP’s bedroom before she went back to her phone.

“What is it now?  If you’re just going to say more bad things to me, then you don’t have to.  I don’t know why you were so mad earlier, but it’s clear that you don’t need my help.  So I will just gladly accept that, and so just please save yourself from all this time.  I’m just going to forget what happened today.” 

Dara was not able to say anything earlier when they met and even she herself was shocked that these words were coming from .  She had been restraining herself so much, that she didn’t have a chance to get her frustrations out. 

Dara heard him curse on the other line.

“Look, let’s just end this call.  I told you I’m just going to forget everything that happened.  You don’t have to be so furious about it.  I’m going to hang up now.”

“No no no no no, wait; don’t hang up.”  Jiyong put his hand on this head, frustrated at himself for not being able to control himself earlier.  Now he has to take back everything and be humiliated.

“I’m sorry for what I said to you earlier.  I just didn’t expect you to hear those from you too.  I just wanted to regain my pride by telling you I’m going to pay you for everything, and then you just dropped the bomb that there’s more that you can help me with.  I’m never asked anyone for help before you know.”

“Still, I don’t see how you can be so displeased.  You could have just said no, you know.  I didn’t deserve your walking out and being humiliated in front of people.”  “Anyway, I don’t know why we’re discussing about this now.  Let’s just forget what happened and move on.  I’m really tired, so please excuse me.”

“I’m sorry alright.  And I know you already think I’m a jerk, but okay, I take back everything I said.” 

“Which is?”

Jiyong is getting annoyed now; but he doesn’t know if he’s annoyed with her that she’s putting on some drama, or annoyed with himself that he can’t say what he intended to say.

“That I don’t need your help.”

“So…you need my help now?”

Jiyong had to cover the phone with his hand and whisper so many curses on the side.  He didn’t expect it would be this embarrassing for him, and seems like the girl is enjoying this.  But he can’t be mad now, he definitely needs this.

“Um…Yeah.  Look, I’m not going to talk to you if I had any other way.  Just that I’m at the edge of a cliff now.  And I’m still going to pay you for everything; it’s on top of my priorities, just so you wouldn’t think worse of me.  I lost my job today, and Chaerin & I might lose our place too.  I was just wondering if you can still get me that job you mentioned before.  I’m going to pay you double if that’s what you want.”

“Okay, meet me tomorrow.”

Jiyong did not expect her answer.  He was hoping she would agree but not as quick as that.  He even prepared himself to hear her shout and curse at him, call him a jerk or whatever bad words she could think of.  This woman is really something.

“That’s it?”

“Yeah, do you want me to say no?”

“Well, no…just that…”  Jiyong can’t say anything more to her.  He felt more embarrassed now that she just quickly said yes to his request.

“I’m not as bad as you think, Mr. Kwon Jiyong.  If I said I would help you, then I will.  I don’t turn back on my words.”

“I’ll pay you back I promise.”

“I’ll just send you the details later.  Just prepare, and I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“Oh okay, see you then.”  Jiyong then ended the call.

That jerk, he didn’t even say thank you.  He always hangs up the phone like that.  Dara was slightly annoyed with this thought, but she couldn’t stop herself from smiling at the same time.  Once she realized that she was smiling, she hit her head slightly with her hand like reprimanding herself.

Dara went out of the room to go back to TOP, feeling lighthearted somehow after the phone call.  She saw TOP now was watching the TV, and sat beside him.

“I’m sorry for making you wait.  You were right, the call was urgent.”

“It’s okay, babe.  Who was that anyway?”

“Just someone I met today, and he needs my help with something”  “But oh, you were about to tell me something earlier right?  Sorry for the phone call; what was it that you wanted to say?”

“Oh it’s nothing.  I actually forgot what I was going to say.  I’ll just tell you when I remember it.”  He chuckled and pat Dara’s head, afterwards put his arm around her once again.

Dara was disappointed hearing that.  She was hoping that her assumption earlier was right, but she was wrong.  Turns out, it was nothing important.  Then Dara remembered the phone call and turned to TOP.

“Oh honey, I have a favor to ask.”

 

_______________________________

A/N: What do you think Jiyong's job will be? kkkk