Diva-ness

I'm Engaged to a BEAST???

L.Joe’s POV

Eleven pairs of eyes were staring at me in disbelief that I would ever suggest this sort of thing. I know I’m actually in no position to say this but I felt like this was something Yuri would need.

How can she think straight if BEAST and MBLAQ are always with her? It’s going to be difficult, and it was going to drive her insane.

When all they did was stare at me, no one daring to open their mouths, I got frustrated and started to yell at them even though they were all older than me. “You saw how it was like back in there?” I yelled, pointing toward her door. “Did you not see how much pain she felt? She’s in love with both Mir and Kikwang and she don’t know how to deal with it because she doesn’t want either of them to get hurt!”

“L.Joe —” Seungho started.

“Staying with BEAST or MBLAQ isn’t good. She needs to be away from you guys for awhile.”

Mir glared at me. “And you think that she should come and live with you?”

I shrugged. “Of course.”

Kikwang shook his head. “Maybe you are right about her being away from us,” he started to say, “but I disagree when you said that she should be with you.”

“Agree!” the others piped up, nodding their heads toward him.

“Why can’t she stay with me?” I demanded to know. “I’m her best friend. I can honestly say I know her better than any of you — better than Mir.” I looked at him in the eye, as if I was challenging him.

He gritted his teeth but did not say anything.

“Because you’re in love with her,” Joon replied hotly and we all turned to him. “Yuri may not have noticed it, but we all do. How do you think Kikwang and Mir are going to feel if she comes and live with you? They will be beside pure agony, just wondering what your intentions about taking her away from us are.”

I couldn’t believe they would think this. “Do you really think I’m that shallow?” I snapped. “All I want is for Yuri to be treated right, that we should care about Yuri rather than ourselves.”

“Oh, yeah, and you think that ‘right’ is you,” Hyunseung said, folding his arms across his chest and I shot him an irritated look. “Face it, no matter what you say; everyone is going to think that the only reason why you suggested this was so you could have a chance with her.”

“Are you really that stupid?” I retorted. “Do you honestly think I would hurt Yuri more, by confessing to her and telling her how I feel, only to make her feel even more confused?” I went on.

I got them there. Even they knew I cared about her enough not to be stupid.

“What about Minzy?” Cheon Doong suggested.

“Yeah, it’ll be safe, right?” Yoseob nodded. “Minzy is a girl, and so is Yuri.”

I shook my head. “She’s busy with 2NE1’s new comeback. Chunji told me earlier,” I replied, rolling my eyes. Seriously, that guy updates Teen Top on every little new updates about Minzy.

“Yuri could go back to her own house,” Yoseob spoke up, “you know that, way when her father comes back she doesn’t have to go through all those trouble again just to move her things and such.”

“Speaking of Mr. Lee,” Junhyung said suddenly. “Doesn’t he need to know about this?”

We all turned to Joon for answers.

He scoffed and rolled his eyes. “Are you kidding? My dad is dead set on her being with Kikwang so even if we explain this situation to him, he wouldn’t see the big problem and will just tell her to continue living here, and being with Kikwang.” He looked at Kikwang. “It’s not that I have anything against you, it’s just that telling my dad about this won’t be a good idea and it will only be a waste of time. He’s not going to be much of a help.”

Kikwang nodded understandingly.

“Yuri can’t stay here with BEAST in her situation now. It won’t be fair to her or to MBLAQ,” Dongwoon said, looking a little somewhat exasperated.

“And she can’t go back to MBLAQ’s dorm,” G.O added, sighing because he wanted her back. “It’ll only remind her of the past and she might be tempted to stay, which won’t be fair to BEAST either.”

“And she’s definitely not going to L.Joe’s place just in case he tries to make a move on her,” Kikwang and Mir spoke up at the same time.

I glared at them and they glared at me back.

“So then, just where can she go and live without being anywhere near us?” Doo Joon and Seungho wondered out loud, looking around.

“With me.”

We turned our heads sharply toward the direction of the front door and found Key standing there, leaning against the door frame, a frown on his face, with his arms folded across his chest.

“She could stay with me.”

How long had he been standing there, listening to this private conversation? What is he doing here, anyway?

He must have known that everyone was thinking the same thing because he said, “I haven’t seen Yuri since the day at the hospital so I thought I’d come and drop by. When I was coming to the apartment, I saw that the door was opened and I could hear voices coming from inside so I thought I’d just wait at the door and listen.” He shrugged casually. “And, besides, it’ll be rude if I come inside the house without giving any consideration to knock, right?” He peered at us. “So, can I come in?”

“Don’t ask us, ask them,” all MBLAQ members said and they pointed at BEAST so he turned expectantly toward their direction.

“You can come in,” BEAST said flatly.

“Thank you.” He sauntered over to where we were. “What is going on?” He looked at Mir because Mir was his best friend. “I couldn’t help but overhear that Yuri needed some time away from MBLEAST. But you don’t want her to be with L.Joe either. Oh, and that Minzy is busy so that means she is out too”

Dongwoon nodded.

“So I guess that’s left with me.”

Mir glared at him. “No way.”

“She’s my friend just as much as she is to everyone else,” Key snapped back.

“You can’t do this!” Seungho exclaimed.

“Why not?”

“You can’t keep moving her from places to places,” G.O pointed out. “It’s not fair to Yuri at all. She needs a stable place to stay. She’s been moving from China, to Seoul, to MBLAQ’s dorm and now to BEAST’s dorm. And then now you are telling me she has to move over to SHINee’s dorm? Don’t you think it’s a little overwhelming?”

The others murmured in agreement.

“Key is right,” Mir spoke up. Before the others could put up with a protest, he rushed on, “If she stays here or if she moves back to MBLAQ, it wouldn’t be fair to the other party. And we all feel strongly opposed to her being with L.Joe.”

I rolled my eyes. “Thanks a lot.”

Junhyung nodded. “Yeah . . . I guess Key is right. Think about it this way. What G.O hyung said is true, yes, but where can she go that is not with L.Joe or MBLEAST? If she goes with Minzy, there’s still a slight chance because Dara-sshi is Cheon Doong’s sister. But with SHINee . . . no, wait.” He turned to Mir. “You are friends with Minho and Key. That’s still counted as well.”

“But we don’t see each other,” Key argued back. “The last time I saw Mir was a long time ago. I didn’t see him at the hospital because I didn’t go on the day of the accident and he wasn’t there when MBLAQ came to visit her once she was awake.”

“So, I guess she’s going to be living with SHINee, then?” Seungho said.

Doo Joon sighed.

I shook my head in disgust. “You guys are all so flipping unbelievable,” I said.

“L.Joe —”

“You guys act as if Yuri is a thing or a pet that she can’t decide things for herself,” I yelled. “She’s a human, she can think! Let her decide what she wants to do. Ask her what she wants instead. After Mr. Lee making decisions for her, don’t you think she’d rather make her own choice than to be forced into doing things other people wants her to do?” I asked them.

They all stared at me, shocked and stunned that I could speak up to my hyungs like that. And now there were twelve of them. But they hung their heads low because they knew that I was right.

Doo Joon looked at me. “So who should ask?” he wanted to know. “But staying with you is not an option.”

“Why not?!” I pouted.

“Because obviously she would want to be with her best friend,” Cheon Doong pointed out.

I sighed. “Maybe Key should ask her, then.”

Key nodded and went inside her room to ask her who she wants to stay with.

I have a feeling she’ll choose him.

 

Key’s POV

When I went inside Yuri’s room, she was crying in her bed. I sat down next to her. “Yuri-yah . . .”

She looked up, startled to see me. “K – Key Oppa?” she stammered. “What are you doing here?”

I hugged her. “Oh, Yuri,” I sighed and she cried in my arms. I closed my eyes, my heart heavy. “Listen, we’ve been talking outside. We think it’s best if you don’t stay here with BEAST for awhile.”

She frowned. “Then where am I going to do?” she wanted to know. “I can’t go back to my own house because nobody is there except for the maids. I’ll be really lonely there.”

“We have a place for you, don’t worry,” I reassured her, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

She panicked. “I can’t go back and live with MBLAQ! I just can’t! Please, no!”

I hugged her. “Don’t worry, we won’t,” I told her. “If you want, you can come and stay with me.”

She looked at me. “Stay . . . with . . . SHINee?” she said, tilting her head a bit in confusion.

I nodded. “Do you want to?”

“Why can’t I stay with L.Joe?”

Ah . .

I wrecked my brains to think of something good so she wouldn’t suspect anything.

I decided to be a little bit honest with her. “Ah, because Mir and Kikwang are jealous of L.Joe, you know, because he once liked you and because you’re very close to him,” I told her. It wasn’t a total lie. I just left out the part where L.Joe was still in love with her.

 Yuri bit her bottom lip, thinking hard. Finally she looked up to me. “I don’t have much of a choice, do I, now?” she asked me.

I shrugged. “I’m afraid not.”

She nodded. “I guess I’ll have to pack my things now.” She looked around her room.

I stood up. “I’ll be waiting for you outside, then,” I told her and walked back out of the room, where MBLEAST and L.Joe were waiting for me. They looked up when I came out. “She wants to stay with me,” I told them, closing the door behind me and they nodded.

They had already expected this to be the answer so they weren’t surprised.

As soon as her stuff was packed, I carried her bag and we walked out into the living room. MBLEAST members were waiting for her. But she looked down, unable to gather the courage to face them. They looked hurt when they saw that they were being rejected.

I nearly choked when I saw the hurt and pain in her eyes. Yuri was like a little sister to me. It hurt me to see her looking like she was in so much pain.

Doo Joon looked at her. “Yuri, we love you. Take care. We will be waiting.”

The others all said the same to her but she wouldn’t let them go near her. L.Joe came up to her and hugged her. The others were shooting death glares behind his back that I’m surprised there weren’t any holes in him yet.

Then Yuri and I walked out and I drove her to my home. She will be staying with SHINee now.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HAHA! I betchu forgot about the Diva, aye? :P There's a reason why Key was in my foreword as listed as one of the characters :PP

She's going to live with SHINee~ oohlala~ I wish I was Yuri ... only for the get-to-live-with-SHINee part though.