Sherlock's Comfort

I'm Engaged to a BEAST???

L.Joe’s POV

For some strange reason, I woke up and I had this really strong urge to visit Yuri today. I checked my schedule and saw that I was free.

My door swung opened and Chunji came in.

“Morning,” I said groggily.

“Dude, do you want to hang out with me today?” Chunji asked me eagerly. “We can go to the park, call out Niel, CAP hyung, Changjo and Ricky and we can play some football. It has been a long time since we did that, huh?”

I laughed. “Minzy is busy?”

He gave an embarrassed chuckle. “Yeah,” he admitted.

It was tempting. We didn’t get to hang out with each other these days and I wanted to get some quality time with my friends. But I felt like Yuri needed me.

And I wanted to see Yuri.

“I like the idea,” I said. “But you might want to count me out. I want to go and see Yuri today.”

“She’s in trouble?” he guessed.

I sighed. “I don’t know, but I feel like it,” I muttered.

“You’re her best friend,” he pointed out and sat down on my bed. “If anyone could tell, it’s you.”

“I’m really sorry,” I added.

He laughed. “Hey, it’s okay,” he said understandingly. “It is Yuri anyway. But you’re not ditching the next time we get together.”

“Count on it. It’s a deal,” I laughed and he walked out of the door, closing it behind me.

I wanted to see how Yuri was holding up. It had been quite some time since I saw her other than at school so I decided to see her at the apartment. I got out of bed, got dressed and I headed off.

Besides, I felt like something was off. I felt like she was in some sort of trouble and she needed me to be there for her. I felt like she needed her best friend and I felt like I had to be with her now.

Once I reached the apartment, I pressed the doorbell. It took a few moments before the door was opened and I saw Yoseob looking grimly at me.

Did something happen to Yuri?

“What happened?” I asked as my heart began to race fast. Please tell me nothing happened to her.

I could hear her sobs and I saw a whole crowd of people standing just outside. It wasn’t just BEAST that was standing outside her door. It was MBLAQ as well.

I glanced questioningly at Yoseob who just looked really upset and shrugged miserably. Something had happened to her, then. No way. Not my Watson. Anyone but my Watson.

“Why couldn’t you have done so?!” I heard her voice from inside the room. It sounded like she was really upset about something. “Why did you have to make that all up? Why didn’t you tell me when I woke up?!”

I have a feeling I knew who she was screaming at.

She was yelling at Mir. Who else would she yell at? Unless it was Joon, but I have a feeling it was Mir.

I could hear her crying and sobbing really hard inside. Why aren’t the others doing anything? Why are they all just standing outside around the door as if they were scared to be near her?

“She attacks,” Yoseob explained, noticing the confusion on my face. “We tried to approach her but she only kicked and screamed. She kicked Doo Joon hyung’s crotch, she had kicked Joon in the stomach, she’d kicked Kikwang on the chest and she slapped Mir.” He pointed to his cheek, where I could see scratch marks. “She scratched me there. She has long fingernails. And no one else dared to go near her in fear they might get hurt.”

I winced slightly. That must have hurt a lot, especially since I could see the dry blood that was stuck to his face now. Wow, she’s really upset about whatever made her upset.

I ran to her room and saw that she was hugging her knees on her bed. Mir looked distraught; Kikwang looked distressed and the others all looked grave and solemn. Cheon Doong and Dongwoon, however, looked really helpless, wondering what they should do. They looked really helpless, just standing there.

I squeezed through all of them and immediately wrapped my arms around her lithe body, ignoring Seungho and Doo Joon’s warning and protests. She looked up at me and for a moment I thought that she was going to hit me but instead she just held onto me, burying her face into my shirt.

I her hair. “Shhh, it’s okay. Sherlock L.Joe is here now,” I whispered into her ears and she sobbed, clutching onto my T-shirt. I felt it going wet with her tears, but I paid no attention to that.

When I turned to the others, I wasn’t surprised to see that they were stunned that she embraced me back rather than to attack me like how I knew they all thought that she would do. Doo Joon, Kikwang, Joon and Mir looked really offended. I know, because they were the closest to her in MBLEAST.

I guess that they weren’t as close to her like they thought they were like how close I am to her.

And this is why I think I deserve her better than Kikwang or Mir.

Don’t get me wrong, I think Kikwang would be a great person for Yuri seeing how he cared for her during the past three months, and that Mir had loved her so much although he tended to be rash at times, but that wasn’t enough. They didn’t know when she was upset, and they didn’t the right things to do and say whenever she was sad. Only I did, only I knew.

I looked back at her and I could tell she was confused and hurt. I turned back to the eleven boys that were crowding outside her door. “I think it’s best if you leave her alone for now,” I advised.

“What about you?” Kikwang said. “She’s my fiancé, so I should be with her. If anything, she shouldn’t be anywhere near Mir.” He shot the young boy a look filled with hatred and muttered something under his breath like, “He’s got a lot of nerve, showing up.”

“Hey, leave him,” Seungho snapped, defending for the maknae of MBLAQ.

Mir’s lip trembled. “N – No, he’s right,” he whispered. “I should go. It’s only right. I am the one who made her like this.”

“Mir . . .” Seungho said exasperatedly.

In my arms, Yuri shook her head and I knew she didn’t want him to go so I said, “No one goes anywhere except to the living room.”

“You don’t tell us what to do,” Joon snapped, glaring at me.

“In case you haven’t noticed,” I snapped back, “I’m not the one being kicked and getting hurt here so that must account to something, right?” It was rude of me to say that to him but right now, what I wanted to know was hear from Yuri why she was so upset and I didn’t want to put up with any of them right now.

“He’s right,” Junhyung spoke up. “She should be with him and only him right now.”

Reluctantly, they all trudged out of the room, one-by-one, with Doo Joon, Joon, Mir and Kikwang glaring at me before they walked out of Yuri’s bedroom. Seeing as Kikwang was the last one out of the door, he closed the door behind him on his way out.

I know that Mir and Kikwang would hate me because they feel threatened but I don’t understand why Doo Joon and Joon would. Maybe it’s because they’re sort of related to her and yet she still rejected them. They took it personally, even though I have a feeling it was just because she didn’t want to see any member of MBLEAST right now.

Once they were gone and outside of the room, I turned toward her. “What’s the matter?” I asked her gently. I cupped her face and wiped her tears away with my thumb. “What happened? Why are you crying? Why are MBLAQ here? I thought you were still mad at them.”

She hiccupped and I smiled a small smile. Every time she was done crying, she would set off to hiccups and they were very cute. I kissed her on the nose, knowing that she would smile. She always smiled whenever I did that. And she did and I felt a little better when I saw the smile on that face again, despite the tears streaming down her face.

“Mir — hic! — told me the — hic! — truth,” she said. She covered .

I removed them. “I can’t hear what you’re saying if you cover your mouth, right?”

She nodded. “Hic!” She looked down and sniffled. “Hic! See, the thing is — hic! — last night, Kikwang and I sort of — hic! — got together, finally,” she began. “Hic!”

I tried my best not let my face fall when I heard that but my heart felt heavy. So she’s finally with him. I guess there really was no competition after all.

“And then this morning, MBLAQ burst into the room,” she went on, “and I thought I should listen to what they said before saying anything. Hic! Anyway, then I began to forgave them because I really missed them and I realized that I could not stay mad at them forever.”

“But?”

“Hic!” She blew a frustrated raspberry.

I smiled lightly. “Go on. What about Mir?”

“Mir and I had our private talk,” she said. “And then he told me that he never meant any of those horrible words he said to me that day. It just made — hic! — made me really — hic! — confused, because I know I still love him, but I admit I’m in love with Kikwang too.”

I bit my lip. “So, you’re saying that because you thought Mir hated you, it sort of helped you get over him, and then you realized that you love Kikwang, not because Mir didn’t love you and he did, but for his own qualities, but then now that Mir told you the truth, part of you is happy that he does love you and that he told you the truth, but the other half is left confused because of your feelings for Kikwang and you don’t know how to handle it.”

She frowned. “Why do you always make it sound so . . . easy?” she asked.

I shrugged. “It doesn’t sound easy, Yuri. It never is, not with this,” I replied because it really wasn’t easy. It was really confusing and I was only trying to understand what I thought she meant from everything she just told me. “It’s really complicated. I can understand why you got upset. I mean, I would too.”

Why didn’t you fall for me instead in the first place when we first met? That would have been less complicating and you and I would probably still be together and you would have been so happy. I would have treated you right . . . I could have talked to your dad about this whole marriage thing.

 “L.Joe, what am I going to do?” she wailed and covered her face again and began to cry again. “I can’t do this at all! It is just too confusing. What am I going to do? I want to be with Mir, but I can’t because I’m with Kikwang, and I’m also in love with Kikwang, too! I don’t want to hurt anyone! This is so confusing. I see BEAST and I think about the times they had been there for me during these three months. They were so funny and dorky and they were really there.” She looked at me. “With you, of course,” she added.

I smiled and hugged her.

“And then when I see MBLAQ, I’m reminded of the pain but I remember the fun times I had with them and I shared more fun memories with them. They’re my family, but so it BEAST.”

I could tell she was really confused about how to feel about this. If she’s not careful, and if no one does anything about this, she’s going to break down and she might be . . . unstable.

I looked at her. “Yuri . . .”

“L.Joe, help me, please,” she cried and I wrapped my arms around her again. “I don’t know what to do. I don’t know what I can do. This is all so messed up. I only wanted to be with Mir right from the start and now this happened!” She cried even more.

I looked at her, upset.

I stood up, extracting my arms from her. “Stay here, I have an idea,” I told her, a brilliant plan forming in my head. “I will be right back, okay? Just wait.” I kissed her forehead and she nodded.

I walked outside where eleven guys waited anxiously for me. “How is she? Is she okay? What’s going to happen?” they all asked me.

I breathed in. “She’s not good,” I told them. “She’s in a hysterical fit.”

“What can we do?” Kikwang wanted to know.

I looked at all eleven of them. “She’s really confused about all of this, and I don’t think she should be with any of you right now.”

Doo Joon frowned.

“What are you saying?” Joon asked. “Of course she’s confused. But . . . I don’t understand —”

“I think, for a couple of days to let her calm down, Yuri should live with me.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heeee. Yuri is going to live with L.Joe?! Omo! >.<