Exams?

The Randomness of Inoo Kei

 

*Inoo Kei’s POV*

 

“GRRRRR!!! I’m going crazy with this…”

I heard her say whilst looking miserable towards the red book she was holding. Her pale white skin and beautiful dark eyes emphasized her slightly thick eyebrows crossing each other.

All I did today was look at her serious looking face, focusing on one thing: her book.

“Inoo-kun!!! Why are you staring at me like that… Are you enjoying yourself seeing me this miserable?”

 

My daze got disturbed by her sudden outburst which made me regain my senses upon looking at her.

“Ehhh? Of course not… you just look so cute making a face like that…” I pulled a smile and rested my hand on her shoulder.

 

I saw her look away with a smile then started to continue her reading.

*

 

I never thought I want to look at only one girl in particular. I see about a million girls in my university alone. But I never ever imagine myself just looking at this girl all day without even getting tired of her beautiful fair complexion.

 

Yes… There she is. Kim. My girlfriend…

 

I met her through the help of my friend. I was too afraid to tell her how I felt before that’s why I pursued help with my two best pals about her.

I never thought she feels the same way like I did. Now, I’m just so happy to gaze at this maiden right before my eyes, saying to myself… “She’s mine…”

--

“Oi… Stop day dreaming!!! I thought you’re going to help me revise for my exams?” she suddenly pinched my cheeks as I regained my attention from my fantasies.

 

“I will… I’m just amaze how you struggle in this topic. We already covered this like 100 times already.” I teased and gave her a light pinch on her nose as part of my revenge.

 

“This is so difficult you know… I’m not like you, GENIUS and all… mou~~”

 

I saw her pout by this remark and then slumped down miserably while resting her head on the table.

 

“Okay~ Okay~… I’ll teach you already…”

 

“hmmmppp… You don’t really have to teach me if it’s against your will. I can teach myself. Thank you very much…” she raised her head from the table and covered her face with the book she was previously reading.

After seeing this, I slowly put down the paperback covering her appearance and placed it down again.

 

“I told you I’m teaching you, right? This exam is important… you need to get a high score.”

 

“That’s easy for you to say!! *sigh* I’m not as smart as you…” she replied and pouted more…

 

“Besides…” she continued and looked at me straight in the eye… “It’s been ages since we last dated! We never had a date for months since you’re so busy at work…”

 

“How is that link to your exams?” I immediately said after raising an eyebrow on her remark.

 

“Well… Dates can make me concentrate on things. It’s like a medicine. Besides, I miss you!!”  She raised her head higher and made a cheeky grin before me.

 

“How cute…” I said sarcastically… “Do you really think that will work on me?”

 

She remained quiet and unsatisfied by my reply. She then took the book resting by her side and continued listing notes on her cute notebook. She also made her signature pout that I never had the chance to counter and resist.

*

I thought for a while and got the idea on how to make her feel better.

 

“Okay okay… I lose… Let’s make ourselves a deal!!!”

To what I’ve said, I saw her face lighten up and listened attentively like a cute kid waiting to be given a candy.

 

“If you get a high score in this test tomorrow, I’ll treat you the whole day… I’ll take you to a date.”

“REALLY???”

 

“Hai—“

 

“Yatta!!!”

 

“BUT!!!”

 

“But????”

 

“BUT, I won’t teach you anything starting from now… If I did, that will be cheating ne?” I placed a crooked smile on my face as part of my teasing.

 

“Ehh?? That’s unfair!!!” she said while crossing both her hands against her chest… “hmmmm… But that’s okay!! I think I’ll manage without you… I’ll show what I’m capable of! HAH!”

 

She looked at her book again with much enthusiasm and pulled out a serious expression.

 

Me, on the other hand just can’t help myself but to smile at the scene. Seeing her work so hard just to be with me is quite touching. Her serious face showed her interest unto what she wants to do which amaze me.

*

 

“I think it’s time for me to leave…” I stood up from their living room sofa and fixed my bag resting on the floor.

 

“ehh? Why?”

“I have to meet up with Hikaru today. I think he wants me to help him fix up his things for the band…”

 

She didn’t say anything but showed a disappointed face.

 

“I’ll be back in a few hours… Maybe at 6… and, you don’t really need me here anyway. You’re doing this on your own, right?” I mocked her then left a soft peck on her forehead.

 

“Pfffttt… That’s right!!! I can do this on my own… If I get a super high score tomorrow, you have to give me a proper kiss as well… and don’t forget about treating me, ‘kay?”

 

“Yes boss… good luck.”

*

It’s been about three hours since I left their house... Now, I’m stuck here with Hikaru whose still playing non-stop with his bass guitar.

 

“Can I go now? Kim-chan is waiting for me…”

I tried to get Hikaru’s attention by throwing the big teddy bear I found on the edge of his bed. I must admit, this guy can be cool sometimes… but he’s still a baby.

 

“That hurts BAKA! And don’t touch my teddy…” he replied and immediately hugged the brown teddy bear which is previously on the floor next to him.

“I need to go… My job here is finished right?”

 

“Ehh? Don’t go yet… I’m still going to play you the song I’ve been working on… besides, that’s the only thing you can do after you snatched Kim-chan from me.”

 

“What?... Hikaru… Don’t tell me you like Kim-chan?” I asked him with a serious tone of voice and moved closer to him.

He stared at me for a while and stayed quiet.

“Tell me the truth…”

 

“hmmm… You’re actually being scary when it comes to your girlfriend…” he then moved his bass guitar onto his bed and started his explanation.

 

“Of course I like her. Well, I had just a little crush on her before. But all this had gone now since you two were dating.”

 

“Why didn’t you tell me?” I replied with his remark. He’s my best friend after all. I need to know everything about him, especially when it comes to his feelings towards my girlfriend.

 

“There’s nothing to tell… I just had a crush on her. That’s all… NOW! Since you broke my heart when you started dating her, listen to my song or I’ll take her back… hahaha”

 

He then left me hanging my thought around. I never assumed that even my best friend liked Kim. I kinda feel guilty about this…

By what I’ve knew, I decided to stay a bit longer by his side whilst he perfected his song. He even let me sing a few lines… this guy definitely got me again.

 

After that, he at last let me go on my way back to Kim-chan… I know she’s getting worried already so I insisted to get back now.

“Say ‘hi’ to Kim-chan for me…” I saw Hikaru said while waving his good-bye to me.

 

*

It’s already past 9pm when I got to Kim's house. I know she’s still awake as I saw her bedroom still lighted.

I hesitated at first to go and knock their door as I’m afraid that someone in her family will open it instead. The late time being showed in my wrist watch even halted me to go on any further.

However, I saw a tiny gap on their patio door which gave me the idea that it was open.

I peeked slowly inside and saw a beautiful figure of a girl resting her head on a small table. As for this, I immediately knew it was Kim. I then walked softly towards the individual and found numerous piles of books, a calculator, ruler, eraser and 2 notebooks.

 

Then, I just realised she was asleep…

“You’re sleeping in here again?” I softly said, trying my best not to wake her up.

I heard her soft moan to what I’ve said and shifted her head gently to show her face.

 

By this, I was quickly drawn by her. I saw her beautiful long eye lashes matching her slightly thick eye brows.

Seeing her like this made my heart thump three times as normal. The next thing I know is that I was removing the remaining hair covering half her face which revealed her whole complexion.

 

“Rest well, my Angel… you worked hard. I just know you’ll do well tomorrow.” I whispered and then covered her with my thick jacket.

 

I then closed their patio door, avoiding any sound to let her continue her good night sleep.

 

*

 

//next day//

 

“How was the test?” I asked Kim after seeing her with quite worried face. I quickly noticed that she was holding a long brown envelop which I’ve recognise to be her results.

“Are you okay?” I continued.

 

“I didn’t open it yet… I was waiting for you…”

“Don’t worry… you’ll do just fine.” I smiled and then held her cold hand.

 

“No… What if—What if, I fail? I won’t have the date you promised me…”

 

“What? You’re worried about that? I thought you’re being worried because you might re-take the test…” I said with her remark. Let’s just admit. Having a re-take is the last thing you want to do in their school.

 

“Yoshhh… I’ll open it!” I heard her sigh heavily and then slowly took the piece of paper inside the envelope… “I can’t look!!!” she continued whilst closing her left eye.

 

*

 

“WHAT????” I suddenly heard her shouted in the middle of the room.

 

“Ehh? What happen? How was it?”

 

“YATTA!!!!!!!! I passed!!!!!!!!” she joyfully jumped around me then gave me a big hug.

 

“I told you, you’ll do well… Thanks for your hard work…” I whispered through her ear, still captured me in her arms.

 

“Thanks to your promise about the date…” she whispered back.

 

“Yosh!!! You promised to treat me the whole day, right? Hohohoho~ I need to prepare for tomorrow. I’m so excited!!!” she remarked with an excited tone of voice…

 

“We’ll watch a movie, eat ice cream, eat in a Korean restaurant, go to the theme park, play in the arcade…” she continued while counting all the things she wants to do using her fingers.

 

She walked towards the exit door still busy thinking what we will do tomorrow on our “date”…

I watched her figure slowly fading through the door so I tried my best to catch up.

I immediately grabbed her hand and pulled her closer to me, not letting her go on any further.

 

“I think you’re forgetting something…"

 

She looked at me with a confused expression.

I can sense she's trying to think what she forgot but struggled to look for words.

 

"I also promised to give you a proper kiss if you pass, right?”

 

Without further ado, I lifted her chin up and placed my lips onto hers.

I didn’t even care if someone sees us in this manner. All I care about is she’s here… she’s mine. She's my everything... she's my angel.