Only Tears (feat. Sunggyu and Eunji)

dreamers ☆ a oneshot collection

Only Tears

feat. Sunggyu and Eunji

 

 

“What would you do if Seo Inguk was your boyfriend?” the announcer suddenly asked her the question that always seems to pop up whenever idols like her are interviewed.

She hesitated to answer at first. “I think I’d feel troubled… Because he’s really nice to everyone around him,” she simply answered.

“What about Infinite’s Hoya?”

She gulped. “I’d be even more troubled,” she answered with a laugh. Then, Hoya and Eunji shared secretive glances and smiles that seem to show more doubtful meanings.

Too bad, Sunggyu could see every single detail. He felt his heart twisting and turning at that very moment. He gripped his hand under the table so hard that his knuckles began to turn white.

He never knew heartbreak could be this painful.

 

He watched the TV alone at their dorm. All of a sudden, a ‘Reply 1997’ promo was shown on the screen. He sighed, he knew what this mean.

Hoya and Eunji were walking side by side, and sometimes they shared celebrative hugs as well.

As quickly as the ad came on, he switched off the TV as well. He even threw a cushion to the wall because he was hurt. It hurts him so much.

“Hyung, are you okay?” Hoya suddenly came in. Sunggyu stood up, recollecting himself from whatever emotions he felt just now.

Sunggyu gave him a tight smile as he placed his hand onto Hoya’s shoulder.

“Fine fine, everything is fine,” he lied.

 

“You should let go, hyung,” Woohyun advised Sunggyu who was totally deep in pain. He kept on watching Sunggyu, who was staring outside at the sky.

Silence enveloped the situation.

“I can’t Woohyun,” he finally admitted after being mute for a while.

“I like her too much that it hurts,”

“Even though Hoya is your very own friend?” Woohyun asked.

Sunggyu turned around to face the best friend who knew about Sunggyu’s crush towards Eunji.

“Too bad, that he’s my very own friend.”

 

Sunggyu heard familiar footsteps coming right at him. Instead of turning, he kept staring down at the streets below him.

“Sunbae-nim…” he heard her coughing up for his attention. But he chose to completely ignore her.

“Sunbae-nim?” Eunji called for him again. She brought herself closer to him.

“Kim Sunggyu sunbae-nim, I’m freaking here!” she suddenly exploded that he turned around to face her with wet eyes. He inched himself closer, towering over her as he crossed his arms over his chest.

“Why are you here?” he suddenly asked. “Aren’t you supposed to go for shooting?”

“The shooting’s done,” she mumbled quietly.

“No, wait, you should hang out with Hoya often. He’s busy with his scripts, the last time I checked,” he sputters out the words sarcastically. “Maybe he needs you right now, to rehearse together, right?” he laughed for no apparent reason.

“Sunbae-nim, stop it…” her lips quivered. Her body was trembling with extreme emotions that she couldn’t control. Tears began to fall out of her eyes.

“Stop what? Stop liking you?!” his anger was at the peak. “Too bad, I can’t move on, Jung Eunji.”

“Sunbae-”

“Too bad, because Hoya admits that he likes you. Too bad, because you like him too. Too bad, because I could only sit and watch…” he sighed as he stared right at Eunji’s wet eyes.  “Too bad, because I had to let go because Hoya’s my friend. Too bad, because I sacrificed my very own feelings so that my friend can be happy.”

“Sunbae-nim, I-”

“Most of all, too bad that I fell for you because you had the voice of an angel. Since then, I couldn’t stop loving you.”

After that, Sunggyu walked away from the balcony and ignored Eunji who was already on the ground, with tears streaming down her face. Their hands brushed together, but Sunggyu couldn’t feel any kind of spark that excited him anymore.

“Too bad, I still love you until now.”

 

Hoya and Eunji walked hand-in-hand, laughing and smiling like it’s their own world. All of a sudden, Sunggyu came down from a flight of stairs and bumped into the happy couple.

“Oh, Hoya. Hi,” he greeted his group member. Then, he stared at Eunji and their intertwining hands. “Oh, so both of officially together now, eh?”

“Well, it seems like it, isn’t it?” Hoya laughed as he slung his arm over Eunji’s shoulders.

Sunggyu gave both of them a tight smile. “Congratulations, then.”

“Thanks,” Eunji said quietly. With that, Sunggyu stared right at her eyes. Eunji froze. His eyes were telling her that he’s still hurt. He quickly returned his gaze to Hoya.

He gave Hoya an encouraging rub at his shoulder. “Take good care of her, Hoya. You’re very lucky to have her,” he smiled before excusing himself from the couple.

You’re very lucky to have her. Her legs began to wobble. She kept looking back to see whether Sunggyu could be there, even though there's no such hope. 

"I'm sorry, sunbae-nim," she mouthed.

 

Since then, Sunggyu couldn’t be as close with Hoya like before. He wasn’t as talkative with his group members anymore. Since then, he became antisocial and quiet. He couldn’t even look at Eunji anymore.

Since then, only tears kept on accompanying him.

 

 

Sorry if this is a mess, it was supposed to be a drabble.

This shows how messed up my GyuJi heart is. 3