Just Like in the Movies (feat. Nichkhun and Jessica)

dreamers ☆ a oneshot collection

 

Just Like in the Movies

feat. Nichkhun and Jessica

 

a/n : Got inspired after spazzing about this unpopular pairing. Other than that, this was inspired by 2PM's Like A Movie (my favourite ballad by them, y'all) and basically the edit (credits to 2pmships @ tumblr) as well as this FMV that I've just discovered after writing this oneshot. IDK but I think I really do ship this. Do enjoy this oneshot, everyone. :)

 


 

Just like if I was watching the main character of a movie,
please be the person who once loved me.
Unknowingly,
come back to my side.

 

Nichkhun mindlessly stirred his cold coffee while staring outside at the café. It was raining outside, as if the weather itself was crying and as if the rain knew what day is today. With the rain heavily falling outside, the temperature was icily cold for some odd reason. Great. Now the weather itself was turning against him. Nichkhun fastened the buttons on his coat to warm himself up as he reminded himself what day is today.

Nichkhun could feel his heart slowly breaking apart from all the sadness he was feeling today. It had been exactly a year since he broke up with the woman he loved the most.

Jessica, the ice princess. Hah, the weather itself reminds Nichkhun of her.

~

I remember, yes
I remember when I sent you off
When I let you go

 

A year ago…

It was totally unexpected. In fact, on that day Nichkhun decided to give Jessica something special for their two-year anniversary, or supposed to be. He was going to propose to her.

He asked her out for a dinner at a fancy restaurant, and she gladly agreed. Weird, her voice when she agreed was actually bubbly. No one could have suspected that thing can take a turn for the worse.

It was about 7 in the evening when Nichkhun came to fetch her at her apartment. Before he could even knock, Jessica already opened her door as if on cue. But, her face didn’t match the excitement that he was feeling. But being the nice guy, he just shrugged it off.

“Ready?” he asked with the sweetest voice that Jessica couldn’t help but to fall in love with. She gulped; her feelings are a bit too hard to be comprehended right now. But she knew. She knew that the time is up.

“Khun…” she let her voice trail off.

His eyebrow shot up. “Yes Jess?”

Chills were running down her spine. He was the only one who called her Jess, while everyone else call her Sica. Tears were trying to get out from her eyes but she forced them to stop. No, not now. “Could we go somewhere else, other than the restaurant?”

“And where do you want to go then?” he asked, a little bit disappointed.

“Could we go to the park, please?”

He hesitated to answer. “And the park it is.”

 

Nichkhun and Jessica walked side by side. Occasionally, their hands would brush against each other. They weren’t talking much that night, and this bothered Khun.

“Jess, are you alright?” he asked when they have found an empty bench after walking around the dim-lighted park.

Jessica turned to face him. She admired his facial features. It might be the last time she will see them, she thought. She could feel her heart slowly breaking into tiny little pieces. But being the ice princess, she must always keep a straight face.

But not tonight. She can’t. She just… can’t.

“Khun…” she paused as she pulled him to sit at the bench. She held his hands and clasped it tightly.

“Are you sick?” he asked worriedly, gently putting the back of his right hand onto her forehead, to check whether she was sick or not. “I can send you back home if you want-”

“No. I’m fine, really.” she said as she put down his hand and gripped it. She gave him the sincerest smile she could give him. Before she could do anything else, Nichkhun got up from the seat and pulled out something from his pocket.

Oh no, it couldn’t be… Jessica thought.

Nichkhun bent down on one of his knee before gently taking her right hand in his own. “Jessica, you’re one of the most wonderful girls I have ever met. Remember the first time we met?”

Jessica nodded. “At the café where we accidently bumped into each other. Your drink spilled on me…” she said as she reminisced the day. How could she even forget that day? It was a life-changing day. She didn’t knew that love at first sight ever existed, but Nichkhun changed her perception.

Nichkhun grinned at the thought of it. “And remember the time when I finally confessed that I like you?”

She nodded again. She remembered. It was at this very same place, if she wasn’t mistaken. They shared their first kiss together too. It was unforgettable. Totally unforgettable. Tears were trying to flow out from her eyes.

“I love you, Jessica. I really love you,” he said as he opened the small red box in his hand. Jessica could see something shiny coming from the inside of it. “Will you be with me until the end of my life?”

Jessica’s heart dropped down to her stomach.

“Nichkhun, I… I’m so…” she’s speechless. Just then, a teardrop rolled down her face. “… I’m so sorry, Khun,” she said as she wiped out the teardrop from her face. “I can’t.” She looked down to avoid meeting his eyes.      

Now it was his turn to be speechless. “What do you mean, Jess?” he gripped her hands tightly, not believing what she had just said. “You’re just messing around with me, right?” He lifted up her chin with one of his hand to meet her eyes, searching for some kind of hope in there.

There was none.

Suddenly, tears were streaming down her face. “I’m sorry but I can’t love you anymore,”

He paused for a moment, trying to comprehend what was going on. “You’re lying, Jess.”

“No, I’m not.” she tried to make it sound real, but Nichkhun had known her for years. He knew that she was lying. She was trying hard to make it sound real. He looked into her eyes again.

Fear could be seen in her two, shiny eyes.

“Did something happen to you?”

Jessica shook her head, lying to him again.

“You and I, we can’t be together,” she let her voice trail off. It was partly true, what she said. She stood up as she tried to get away but Nichkhun gripped her hands, hard. “I’m sorry.”

He stood up as well. He made her turn around to face him. All of a sudden, his hand cupped her cheeks as he held them closer to his face. Slowly but surely, he kissed her passionately on her rosy lips, letting her know how much he loves her.

She couldn’t stop him, he held her really strong. She could feel all the emotions that she felt while being in love with him coming back to her. Tears continued to stream down her face. She was sure enough that she loved him. She really does. But the circumferences were preventing her from doing so.

Once she had found her strength, she softly pushed herself away from him. “I really love you, Nichkhun. I really do,” she spoke, almost like a whisper. “I’m sorry but I have to.” With that, she coldly turned away from him and walked away from the park, the sound of her heels filling the quiet night at the park.

Nichkhun fell down on the cold ground, tears streamed down on his face as well. This wasn’t the reality he wanted. He pinched himself to make sure that he wasn’t dreaming. Sadly, it was all too real. Jessica just left him without any real reason whatsoever. He could feel his heart slowly breaking apart from what had happened.

Since then, the warmness inside of Nichkhun are gone just like the wind. Since then, Jessica is really the ice princess in his eyes.

He wasn’t the same guy that everyone liked anymore.

~

Tears fell - no
Tears are still falling
just when I think of you, when I look at you.

 

He could feel a lump inside of his throat. He knows that he can’t finish the coffee. All of a sudden, the coffee isn’t delicious anymore. Strange, the coffee from this café is usually very tasty, but not today. He threw out his coffee. He got up from the seat and went out from the café to take some fresh air.

He clutched his umbrella as he took a walk around the sidewalk of the busy city of Seoul. The rain made him feel cold and somehow, made him sad. He really misses Jessica, she was his sunshine. Since she left, Nichkhun couldn’t really feel any sort of genuine happiness running through him. Sure, all of his friends kept asking whether he was okay but he gave them a smile as a sign.

Well, a fake smile that is. How could he be happy if the main reason he was happy was gone?

He tried to contact her, but he couldn’t. Somehow all means of him to contact her was gone, as if Jessica left without any trace. At first, he was totally mad at her for leaving him. But then, he began to miss her smiles, her laughs, her presence, her everything. He misses her way too much that it hurts him painfully. No one could replace her position in his life.

Nichkhun misses Jessica. There, it was that simple. He felt like a huge part of him had left his soul.

All of a sudden, he bumped into someone. From just staring at his wet shoes, he looked up to say sorry. Well, he couldn’t forget his manners after all. But he paused. He felt like a knife just stabbed his heart. He couldn’t believe his eyes and who was right in front of him. He blinked his eyes to make sure that they weren’t playing any foul game on him today.

Jessica Jung was just right in front of him. She was blinking at him as well.

Both of them were speechless. They kept staring at each other, with thought thinking about what they had before. They felt like as if both of them were the only ones there at the sidewalk. They felt like the time had stopped turning. They felt like the world was revolving around them only.

After what seems like it had been hours, she started to talk. “Nichkhun… I… I… hey,” she stuttered, making it looked like she was nervous. “Didn’t expect to see you here.”

“It should be me that didn’t expect to see you here, Jess…” he let his voice trail off. His voice was a mixture of anger, frustration but with love. Yes, he was mad at her but he missed her as well. He couldn’t understand his own feelings.

Her face fell. “Oh… well, umm… okay,” she stuttered again. She coughed a bit before saying, “Nichkhun, listen… Well, I’m sorry for-”

“Jessica, I’m sorry,” he cut her from talking. He sighed quietly. “Look, I’m sorry for what my parents made you do.”

Jessica blinked her eyes, trying to prevent tears from falling off again. She couldn’t believe what she was listening to. But she perfectly understood what he probably meant. “How did you…”

“I have my ways of letting my anger out, and in this case my parents finally disagree on something I made a choice off,” he explained. “They admitted that they threatened you to not be with me. I finally knew that they didn’t approve of… us.”

She gave him a small nod, to signal that what he was saying was right. She avoided his intense gaze, but she could feel that he was inching closer to her. She could feel that he was staring right at her. Truth was, she felt horrible. She felt guilty for leaving him behind without any reason and trace. She was ashamed that she wasn’t being a good girlfriend to him, like she promised she would. She wanted to cry right there and then, because she was ashamed to face Nichkhun.

She was about to run away from him, but he quickly got hold of her right wrist. She tried to let go but she can’t. “Nichkhun, please let me go.” She stared at him as well. They fought off each other stares.

He shook his head as he suddenly pulled her closer. She let go of her umbrella as he gave her protection using his own fairly-large umbrella. She could feel his breath on her skin. She didn’t feel cold anymore. The rain didn’t mean a thing to both of them now.

“No, I can’t Jess,” he said to her, almost like a whisper.

She didn’t say anything. She just stared at him. She looked at him straight at his pair of eyes.

“You know I won’t love anyone else.”

 

Missing each other while walking like two main characters babe,
walking on different roads, meeting each other coincidentally.
Like a drama, even more dramatic than a drama,
Come back to me, you know I need you back.
You know I won't love anyone else.

~