Curious... very curious

Beach Boy

 

“There.” HeeWon said, securing the knot that she tied on Luhan’s wrist.

Don’t even guess who won the volleyball game. It’s pretty obvious. HeeWon wanted for me to be tied up with Luhan for 24 hours! I mean, are you serious? How am I supposed to pee? Or take a bath? OR SLEEP!?

I groaned. “Are we really going to keep this on for 24 hours?” I asked, hanging my head low.

“Yes, you are.” HeeWon replied, clapping her hands together.

“How am I supposed to pee?” I asked her, almost shouting.

“Luhan can turn around.” HeeWon replied and giggled. “Of course you can take it off! But only on bathroom breaks.”

“WHAT!?” I asked. “What about tonight?” I asked her. “How do I sleep?”

“Well, you have to work it out.” HeeWon said with a wink. Oh dear, no way am I going to share my bed. “Besides, we can all have a sleepover.”

I sighed. Whatever. HeeWon walked back to the pool with Kris, joining the others. I turned to Luhan who had his eyes on me and a sympathetic smile. “So, what do you want to do now?” he asked.

Um, I don’t know. Probably get you off my wrist and stay away from you as much as possible?

I shrugged at him then my stomach grumbled. “A bit hungry.” I told him. He nodded with a smile and walked towards MinSeok and Chen who were still by the grill. Oh God, the burgers smell awfully nice. “Is anything cooked?” I asked no one in particular.

MinSeok looked up with a smile. “Let me fix one up for you.” he said and I nodded. “You want one Luhan?” he asked and Luhan nodded in return. “Go sit, I’ll fix the burgers for you two.” he said.

I sat down with Luhan beside me, he was about to say something when my phone chimed. I fished it out of my pocket with my free hand.

From:
ayo wassup Suyeon. Can’t wait for tomorrow. I’ll meet you at the shop at 10AM is that ok?

… Oh dear, how could I have forgotten.

To:
Hi Chanyeol! Yep! I’ll see you tomorrow!

I replied and sent the message. I saved his number and smiled at myself.

“You’re meeting that guy tomorrow.” Luhan said, rather than asked. He had a frown on his face, his eyebrows furrowing. A look of disapproval.

I rolled my eyes at him. “You don’t have any say on who I want to meet Luhan.” I replied. Dude, why are you acting like my boyfriend?

“What about me?” He asked in a small voice.

“What do you mean what about you?” I retorted back in reply.

He sighed. “I mean, we’re tied together for 24 hours. Are you going to tag me along with your date?” he asked. My eyes probably widened in horror. I forgot. How can I forget? He’s be attached to me for barely an hour and I already forgot. I mentally slapped myself and thought of ways to get rid of him. But I’ll probably get scolded by my most loving friends if I even try. Luhan sighed from beside me. “Do you like him?” he asked.

I had to laugh. “I barely know the guy, how can I possibly tell if I like him?”

“So why are you meeting him tomorrow?”

“Well, Luhan, let me ask you the same thing? Why do you insist on seeing or meeting me? Isn’t it because you’re curious? Well, I am too. I’m curious about Chanyeol. As anti social as I seem, I do like making friends.” I told him off.

“We can be friends....” he trailed off, muttering something in Chinese under his breath.

The conversation ended there. Mostly because XiuMin came over with the burgers and started talking to me and Luhan. He was a great conversationalist, he made it really light and slightly fun. After a couple of hours, just lounging about the pool area, they all decided that we’re all going to have a sleepover given the circumstance that I have to be tied up to Luhan. They all decided to have the sleepover at the villa we were staying on, since they stayed in a hotel, it would be easier to create a mess at the villa.

I stayed at the beach with Luhan’s request. I didn’t want to deal with too many noisy people in one room, though it was going to happen in one night. Luhan mostly talked about himself. How he was a dorky kid when he was in China, how he grew up and wanting to become a singer. I tried to listen most of the time... most of the time.

After a couple of minutes, we decided to head back to the villa. Futons were laid out all over the living room and they were all sitting there, with the tv but they were playing some sort of game. Luhan was about to head to them while I was walking towards my room. He looked at me with a question on his face.

“You don’t want to join them?” he asked.

I shook my head in reply. “Laptop.” I told him simply. He nodded and followed me to the room. I grabbed a chair and dragged it to the computer table to have him sit beside me. I opened one of the RP online games I usually play and continued my journey on the game.

“I didn’t know you play these things.” he said.

“I told you, there are lots of things that you don’t know about me.” I said without looking back at him. He didn’t reply and stayed quiet after that. I continued playing my game without looking anywhere else. He was probably watching me play.

I know I seem rude or whatever, but I just really lack people skills. I don’t know how to talk to people, I don’t know how to approach them and get to know them. I’ve been used to people talking to me about themselves and casually answering back if they had questions about me. My friends know me by what I do. They know I like playing games, I like listening to music, eating, sleeping. They know I’m sarcastic but I think that’s the most they know.

“Would you let me get to know you if I tried hard enough?” Luhan suddenly asked which caught me off guard. I stopped playing and looked at him. “I do want us to be friends.” he said.

It wouldn’t hurt to try, would it? “Would you promise to stop being annoying?” I asked him and he laughed in reply.

“I promise.” he said with a grin.

I nodded at him. “I guess its okay.” I replied.

He tugged on the handkerchief that was joining our wrists. “Would you also try to get to know me?” he asked.

I turned to him fully, closing the laptop. “Sure, I guess.” I replied with a shrug. “Luhan, I’m not the type of person who asks twenty questions. I’m used to people telling me things about them, not the other way around. I’ve always been like this. I’m not like my friends.”

He nodded at me. “I know.” he replied. “That’s why I’m curious about you.”