That’s it. I’m never coming to these parties again.

Beach Boy

 

 

I sighed and lowered my head. Why must the most unfortunate things happen to me? I was probably a thief in my past life and I'm being punished for all my wrong doings back then.

 

"A-Are you okay?" His voice came out small and I couldn't really see his face. He was standing behind me.

 

I turned around and glared at him. "Do you think I'm okay?" I retorted. "And this is the only clean shirt I brought." I muttered under my breath. I looked around, trying to find a sign of my friends but to no avail, they weren't within sight. They probably saw the disaster this boy brought upon me and fled for their lives. Yep. I sighed heavily and grabbed the hem of my shirt, lifting it over my head. I was wearing a bikini top underneath that my friends forced me to wear with a threat and a knife on hand and I don't really have a choice but to go with that.

 

"Um..." The boy started, still staring at me with curious eyes. "I have an extra shirt that you can probably borrow." He suggested. "I mean, it is my fault that the sprite spilled." I turned to look at him and raised an eyebrow. "I promise it's clean!" he said.

 

I sighed again. "Well, I don't have any choice do I?" I said grabbing on to my towel and ipad. "Well, let's go kid. Where is that shirt of yours?" I asked him.

 

He smiled and nodded then led the way to the other side of the beach. Eyes were looking at me and the kid curiously as we walked. As if they have never seen a human being before. He stopped in front of 3 blankets layed out with several bags in the middle. Must be his and his friends' stuff. He grabbed a cream colored MCM bag and started digging through it. 

 

He looked up at me and handed a white shirt with a smile. "Here you go. This is actually my favorite shirt so you have to return it." He said matter-of-factly.

 

Kid, I have no plans of keeping what's yours. I stared at him and nodded. "O-kay. Well, if that's the case, I don't need to borrow your favorite shirt." Not that I need a reason to see you again. But I didn't tell him that part. 

 

His eyes widened. "No! No!" he said, shoving the shirt on my hands. "Use it, it's fine really." he said and grabbed my hand then started dragging me to the nearest changing station. I turned around and stared at him. "Go on." he said, waving his hands to shoo me inside.

 

"Whatever." I said and slipped the shirt in front of him. The shirt was a white shirt with random prints on it. It actually smelled nice. What the eff am I saying? "There, you happy now?" I asked him.

 

The boy grinned and nodded at me. "But I'll be happier if you hung out with me by the bonfire." he said, pointing to the roaring fire by the beach. Where all the popular kids were.

 

"You're pushing it kid." I replied, chuckling at his request. "My friends didn't tell you I'm sarcastic and anti-social? Well, that isn't too obvious isn't it?" I asked him.

 

"First off," he started. "I'm not a kid. I'm probably your age. Second, your friends didn't convince me to approach you." he said sincerely. "I..." he started then looked away shyly. "I was actually interested in you." 

 

I stared at him. You're kidding right. 

 

"No, I'm not kidding." he said with a straight face. 

 

Did I say that out loud?

 

"Yes you did." he said, smiling amusingly. 

 

"Ok kid you're just annoying me now." I told him, rolling my eyes.

 

"SuYeon!" one of my friends, Mina, called out. I turned to see them smiling and waving, beckoning me to approach them. I sighed and approached my friends with this annoying kid beside me. 

So as I walk from the bathroom, I guess I’ll tell you the story of my life. It’s not very long, it’s not very interesting but while you are waiting for me to reach my group of friends, I’m sure it’d be much more interesting. Unless you want to hear how the sand feels rough and painful against my feet and how the seaside reeks of salt.

My name is Park SuYeon. Nothing very special about me. I live with my parents, well for the coming school year I won't be anymore. I'll be staying at the in-house dorms at the prestigious YonSei University.

When I was younger, my mom told me there were only two types of people in this world: people with looks and people with books. At the age of six, I was forced to choose. She said she couldn’t bring me up properly in both ways so she would have to support me in one.

If I chose looks, she would financially support me to become pretty. Clothes, makeup, face wash, hair products, and surgery – she’d pay for it all. But, if I choose books, my mother promised that I would become successful beyond my imagination. And she’d pay for any after school activities.

So I did what sounded better. I chose books. Now, I’m not invited to any parties or karaoke clubs. I just stay at home and read my off. I was lucky enough to meet Mina in a library. After I helped her pick a book off the top shelf, she began an animated chat with me. Occasionally she takes me out to have fun but that’s only occasionally.

At the age of twenty two,  I had long, stringy hair that I liked to tie up when I trained for Tae Kwon Do. I liked the feeling of my hair swishing against my back. I like wearing hoodies and chuck taylors. I'm not really a boy, I also wear skirts and shorts I just like being comfortable in my own skin. I mean, who would want to wear high heels and curse in the middle of the day how your foot is sore like hell?

Anyway, back to Mina. She had a huge grin on her face, holding on to a guy that looked like he was lost more than anything. Mina looked as if she's holding on to him to balance herself. "There's my friend!" Mina called out and giggled. "SuYeon! This is Lay! He's Luhan's friend." she explained, looking up at the guy she's holding her dear life for.
 
"Okay..." I said with a nod. "Who's Luhan though?" I asked.
 
She giggled some more. "You're wearing his shirt and you don't know his name?" Mina replied.
 
I looked down at the shirt and at the guy beside me. "You're Luhan?" I asked and he nodded with a small smile. "Hi Luhan, nice to meet you. You too Lay." I said.
 
"Isn't she just adorable?" Mina asked no one in particular. Wow Mina's pretty drunk. Adorable isn't an exact word to describe me. "Luhan and Lay are exchange students! They're from China! Isn't that right?" she asked Lay who just nodded at her with a small smile. He doesn't say much does he? "And they're pretty good in Korean! It's amazing!" She said, flailing her arms in the air, causing her to stumble a bit but Lay placed his arm around her.
 
A snort escaped from me, amused at Mina's current state, I should take a picture of this moment and blackmail her. Or maybe a video would be better.
 
"Do you know where HeeWon is?" I asked Mina, looking around for our other friend. 
 
Mina looked around, frantically moving her head from left to right. "She was here a while ago. She's with Kris."
 
I raised an eyebrow. "As if I know who Kris is." I muttered under my breath.
 
I felt a hand on my shoulder and glanced at Luhan. "Kris is my friend." he said. "He's there with your friend." he said, pointing to a tall guy with blonde hair as well and HeeWon. They were with other people, playing a random game I know nothing about. "Now, will you calm down and come with me?" he asked.
 
My eyes widened. "Where are you taking me?" I asked him.
 
He chuckled. "By the fire." he said then pointed towards the table. "We can make smores?" he offered. 
 
I raised an eyebrow at him. "What's the catch?" I replied. He looked at me, clearly confused. "Well, obviously I'm not the most nice and most sociable person on earth so why are you being nice to me Luhan?" I asked.
 
He hesitated, looking at me and at the ground. Luhan looked up at me and just stared at me. "Um... well." he started and looked around then scratched his head. 
 
I rolled my eyes. "I don't have time for this." I muttered under my breath and made a move to leave.
 
"I like you."
 
...
 
Did he just say...
 
"I like you SuYeon."
 
"That's impossible." my voice came out as a whisper. I didn’t expect this. He hasn't even known me for 10 minutes. And besides, guys don’t like ugly girls right?