You're On!

Beach Boy

 

"SUYEON!"


I huffed and walked away from Luhan, heading towards my friends. There is no way in the world that I'm speaking with you again, you weird Chinese dude.


I stopped in front of Mina who was laughing as she ran away from that guy Lay. She wasn't even looking at me, she ran as she turned her head to him.


Girl, I wish you fell flat on your face.


Just kidding... well, maybe.


Just as she was about 5 feet from me, she turned around and her eyes widened. I'm not sure if it was out of fear or surprise or both.


"SUYEON!" she called out with a smile on her face. "You finally came out of your shell!" she said with a giggle. "Where's Luhan?"


"Dunno, don't care." I replied briefly and held out my hand. "My ipad please." I said.


Mina waved her head in reply. "Nope. You'll get it back at the end of the day. You should enjoy yourself without all that technology up in your head!" she said and stuck a tongue out at me.


I rolled my eyes in reply and sat down helplessly by the sand. I kicked off my shoes and buried my toes in the sand. I smiled a little feeling the warmth.


"You should smile more. It suits you." China boy's voice said from beside me.


"Go away." I replied, not looking at him.


"Don't be mad at me." He said and poked my arm. He kept on calling my name and poking my arm every few seconds. “SuYeon.”


Oh God, my patience is going to be tested over this vacation. I looked over at Luhan and gave him a glare. He replied with a smile at me. “Poke me again and I’ll give you a roundhouse kick you will never forget.” I threatened him.


He continued smiling. “Suyeon, you can’t kick me while we’re sitting down.” he said.


“THAT’S IT!” I called out and moved to stand up but he held on to my arm. “Let go of me you freak!”


He sighed. “Can you please calm down?” he asked. “I just want to get to know you.” He told me in a small voice and a maybe frustrated smile. I relaxed at his touch and sat down properly again. “Do you swim?” he asked.


“Not in salt water.” I replied simply, looking out to the sea.


“So you don’t like the beach?” he asked back almost too quickly.


“It’s not that.” I replied and took a deep breath then turned to him. Why is it so hard to get to know people? “I don’t like getting sand in my clothes and I don’t like the saltiness of the water.” I replied simply.


He nodded in reply and broke eye contact with me, looking out towards the sea. I never noticed that he had a sharp jawline and his small lips. “I like the sea.” he said simply. “It’s peaceful and very mysterious. I’m so curious about what lies underneath.”


HeeWon suddenly came into view with Kris. “Hey guys!” Kris’ deep voice boomed out. “Let’s go up to the hotel and play at the pool! The others are setting up a barbecue too.” he said. Everyone else started murmuring in agreement and packing up their things.


Kris and Heewon led the way followed by Mina and Lay. Luhan looked at me and smiled then held out his hand. “Come on.” he said. I lifted myself up and dusted my shorts and hands then walked ahead of him.


Hey, I was still pretty pissed off with the guy for deleting Chanyeol’s number from my phone.


We reached their hotel after a short walk, there were four other guys aside from the ones that I already knew, which were Lay, Kris and Luhan.


“Luhan! Where have you been all morning?” A guy with chinky eyes and who resembled SoHee from the Wondergirls asked loudly. “Did you join Kris and Lay at the beach?” he asked then eyed me, “Oh, you have a new friend. Hello, my name is MinSeok, but these people call me XiuMin.”


I nodded in reply then quickly looked away. “This is SuYeon, she’s friends with Mina and HeeWon.” The boy named MinSeok nodded in reply. “If his names are too difficult for you, you can also call him Baozi.” He said with a grin towards me, neglecting to see the scowl MinSeok was giving him.


I was introduced to two other boys namely Chen and Tao. Chen is Korean and Tao is a huge kid who’s younger than me. I sat beside Luhan who was talking animatedly with Tao in Mandarin. MinSeok was arguing with Chen on how to start the fire for the barbecue.Mina and HeeWon were playing volleyball on the pool with Kris and Lay.


“Hey.” Luhan’s voice said. I turned to him and saw him looking at me. “You wanna go for a swim?” he asked.


“Yeah! come play with us!” HeeWon called out with a grin.


I shrugged my shoulder. “Sure.” I said and took off my shirt, revealing the usual black bikini I wear and shrugged off my shorts. I stood by the edge of the pool and dived in.


I really love water. I like swimming so much, just not on the beach. I swam near the bottom of the pool, liking how cold it is there, and emerged when I was already on the other side. Ignoring everyone around me, I went under water again and kicked off to swim to the other end.


I really like the water. It’s so silent, tranquil. No noisy people around me. I smiled, thinking of this then realized I was near the other end of the pool, I began ascending and as I emerged from the water, I see Luhan smiling down at me.


“Wow, I didn’t know you were that good.” He said.


I smiled a little, “There are lots of things you don’t know.” I told him as he sat down on the pavement and slipped in the water slowly. When is bare shoulder touched mine, that was the only time I realized he was not wearing a shirt. I edged away a little from him.


“Hey! You guys should play volleyball with us! Mina and Lay are no fun!” HeeWon called out.


Luhan looked at me and grinned. “Come on!” He said, grabbing my arm and dragging me off towards one side of the net.


“How about we make a bet to make things more interesting.” HeeWon said as she held up the ball. Oh no, where is this going. “Whoever wins will get to ask the loosing team to do something.” she said.


Before I could protest, Luhan raised his hand. “You’re on!” he said excitedly.