Unforgotten Memory

My New Home

 

It is freezing cold today. The streets are covered up by snow and a huge traffic is on its way to Seoul. You find yourself having a cup of coffee at a nearby café with your laptop on and Ailee’s “Heaven” blasting through your purple and white audio technica earphones.

 

 

“I wonder where he is now.” You take a peek outside the window where you are sitting next to. The snow is heavy but still you went out to meet up with someone.. someone who is special in your life. It is your first anniversary, perfect to celebrate together with the first snowfall. You had your present ready for the past three weeks and you’re now eager to give it to him the moment he sets foot on this café where the two of you first met. It is his smile that catches your attention that makes your heart flutter, your cheeks blush, and give you goose bumps whenever he tries to surprise you. He is the type of guy that any girl would want to be with forever. He is all sorts of perfect and the very fact that you are the lucky girl who he loves and cherishes just makes you want to go downtown, buy a dress and when the time comes that he proposes, you are ready to head off to the church and get this thing over with.

 

 

“Ottokhe! You startled me!” He removes his hand from your eyes after surprising you at the café.

 

 

“Sorry, you did not spill your coffee, right?” He takes the seat across and leans on the table to draw his face closer to yours. “Happy first anniversary.” He pecks your lips after he takes out a necklace and puts it around your neck. “I hope you like it. Always wear it, hmm? So even if I am not with you, my presence is.” You give him a warm smile. “Thank you, and…” You stand up from your seat, walk to his back and hug him from behind really tight. “I love you.”

 

 

You spend the whole day with him. It is lovely and perfect. The two of you had lunch, saw a movie, and bought puppies, a boy and girl which you both treated like your own babies for the past five hours. It is time to go home and your day soon comes to an end. He sends you back home and hands you the male puppy.

 

 

He reaches out his hand to caress your face and talks calmly. “When the time comes when destiny separates us from each other’s arms, I want you to find someone who will take care of you and love you more than I do.”

 

 

His words struck you. “Why are you telling me that? Are you going somewhere?”

 

 

He chuckles. “No. I just wanted to make the atmosphere a little dramatic? Sorry.” Your boyfriend smiles.

 

 

He gets a slap on the arm. “Ya! That is not something to joke about on our anniversary.”

 

 

“Sorry, I love you!” He rushes off to his car and heads back home.

 

 

His words start to bother you.

 

 

 

 

The memory forms tears in your eyes as you recall it. You stare at the only couple photo left of you and him during your first anniversary celebration.

 

 

“I miss you... so much. If you did not have that accident, you would still be here.. alive.. with me..” You wipe your eyes with a tissue paper and grin. “But I have Luhan now, just like what you said, I need to find someone who would love me and I did. I am happy.”

 

 

“I love you, Yi Xing.” And you keep the photo back inside your diary.