53.

The Moon is Broken
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

"Let me ask you a question"

Something random came to my mind.

"Now that I am here, do you see me as her?"

"You mean?" Seung Hyun glanced at me from the corners of his eyes.

"Does Dara exist in your world?"

I asked eagerly, not knowing what made me do it.

The words just escaped my lips on their own.

"Do you really want to know the truth?"

"I am not sure" I lowered my gaze.

 

 

"Can you handle my confession?"

 

 

Seung Hyun chuckled.

 

 

"I don't think you can."

 

 

You were right, I couldn't handle it.

 

 

 


Back in high school:

Jiyong loosened his tie and leaned back in his chair, on the other side of the table Seung Hyun leaned towards him, a curious smirk playing on his face.

“Whoa, it really feels like looking into a mirror. But...” his eyes ran up and down Jiyong's body, one brow raising higher than the other. “Why do you look like such a nerd?”

“And why do you look like an outlaw?” Jiyong asked dully.

“Tsh. So imma, your name is Kim Jiyong?”

“Eun Seung Hyun I assume?”

“Let's change places.”

“What?” Jiyong shrieked. “Are you crazy?”

“What? Wouldn't that be fun, just for a while.”

“Never!”

“One week.”

“No.”

“Six days?”

“I said no.”

“But I want to know how does it feel to be a respected nerd, fine 4 days.”

“No.”

“3?”

“No.”

“2?” Seung Hyun held two finders up. “2 is like victory.”

“You look smarter than you actually are...” Jiyong commented.

“Just one day.”

Jiyong shook his head.

“But aren't you curious?”

“I don't trust you.”

“Ah, you are worried about that girl. Is she your girlfriend? I heard her name is Dara” Seung Hyun teased.

“You” Jiyong glared at him, scrunching an empty can in his fist. “If you dare to even look at her I'll kill you.”

“Relax, she is not my type, anyway” Seung Hyun laughed, leaning back in his seat. “I'm just damn curious. So, is she your woman?”

“Not your business.”

“I assume no, cuz if she was you'd say yes.”

Jiyong covered his face with his palm. “You are so annoying. My face, going to waste.”

“She is damn hot though...”

“Yah, she is mine!” Jiyong glared at Seung Hyun but suddenly his face fell.

He was suddenly having a hard time holding back his emotions. Biting his lower lip he just stared at the guy in front of himself, a guy who was making him feel strange. He felt like his mask started to crack and it wasn't a good sign, actually very alarming. The scrunched can felt cold against his palm and he let go of it, seeing how Seung Hyun's eyes darted at it.

“Pretty strong." The look alike smirked and what a handsome smirk he had.

"Anyway, you should be happy I am complimenting your chick, I'd do her.” Seung Hyun winked, holding in his laughter when he saw Jiyong grit his teeth.

It was fun to annoy this kid. He decided to wait for an answer, grabbed his glass and drank his juice while biting on the straw. His almond eyes glued at Jiyong who seemed to be going trough some kind of internal battle.

“You look funny” Seung Hyun commented.

“Damn it” Jiyong hit his fists against the table and lowered his face. “Do you hate me that much?”

“Why? Why?” Jiyong mumbled.

“What?” Seung Hyun leaned a bit closer.

“Why are you so cute?!” Jiyong cried out. “Stop being so cute.”

“Wha-?” Seung Hyun's jaw dropped. He watched Jiyong cover his mouth with his both palms.

“Hukshi... Could it be you are gay?”

Without an answer Jiyong just stood up and stormed out from the coffee shop.

“Hmm, could this be his plan to leave without paying?” Seung Hyun wondered as he threw a few bills on the table.

“Cheeky kid.”

He grabbed Jiyong's bag and followed him outside, the kid was pacing back and forth in front of the coffee shop's door.

“Did you suddenly go crazy or something?” Seung Hyun chuckled.

“Even your laughter...” Jiyong looked at him helplessly.

“Or then you have a bad case of narcissism?”

“No, strangely I am just having a hard time holding my emotions in around you.”

“Love at first sight?” Seung Hyun joked.

“Wait, that wasn't funny. Don't tell m-” He gasped when Jiyong actually bolted at him and hugged him tightly.

“I don't like guys, just letting you know...”

“What's wrong with me?” Jiyong sobbed. “I don't know.”

Engulfed in surprise Seung Hyun raised a brow and then slowly pat Jiyong's back.

“Man, are you crying?” he asked in disbelief.

“I don't get it either. I'm not like this, I'm not, I'm not. Waaaah.”

“This is hella embarrassing, stop now” Seung Hyun said trough gritted teeth.

“If I could I would.”

Unbelievable... Seung Hyun rolled his eyes.

Moments later Jiyong was lying on a bench in a park, a pack of used tissues all over the ground. With two cans of soda Seung Hyun stopped at a good distance from the bench and stared at Jiyong suspiciously, still feeling a bit freaked out.

The kid was lying on his back, one foot hanging over the edge and his hand covering his face. It looked like he had stopped crying. Before walking all the way to the bench Seung Hyun took a deep breathe, preparing himself for anything possible.

“Hey woman, are you okay now?”

“Hmhmmmhh” was the indifferent answer.

“Here” Han Sun threw one of the cans on Jiyong's stomach, startling him. Slowly Jiyong sat up, leaned his elbows on his thighs and stared at the ground, the can firmly in his hand.

"Just don't try to scrunch that" Seung Hyun commented.

Slowly Jiyong started opening the can, a quiet shhhh sound escaping from inside.

“Did you just get dumped or something?”

Jiyong shook his head.

“Then did someone die?”

Not that either.

“Why the hell were you crying then?”

“I said I don't know” Jiyong mumbled.

“Are you an idiot?!”

“Yah!” Jiyong shrieked. “I am confused too.”

“Weirdo...”

“Aish, mullaaaaa...”

“Geesekki” Seung Hyun smirked. “Dude, I saw you play basketball the other day. Will you teach me?”

“Will you love me?” Jiyong gave Seung Hyun his best puppy eyes.

“Err” Seung Hyun's face turned sour. “You don't have any friends?”

“I do!”

“Then why the fck are you asking me to give you love? Crazy son of a bit.ch.” Seung Hyun hungrily gulped his drink.

“Because, I feel like we are connected.”

The soda spluttered from Seung Hyun's mouth. “What?”

“How can two people look so similar? What if we are brothers?” Jiyong covered his cheeks with his palms. “What if?”

“I don't want to have any ties with a crazy dog like you! Especially blood ties...”

“What if we are twins?” Jiyong gasped, almost dropping his soda. “That's why I am feeling so emotional!”

“That” Seung Hyun smirked. “I'm five years older than you, imma. Not possible.”

Jiyong eyed him with suspicion.

“Oh yes” Seung Hyun scratched his head. “I know I am wearing a high school uniform right now BUT there is a good explanation.”

“Huksi... are you some kind of ert?”

“You wanna die?”

“Yeah.”

“What?”

Suddenly Jiyong looked sad again, like he'd start crying. He tried his best to control himself but it was so hard. It's like his real self was trying to fight his way out, ripping all the fakeness from the way.

“Hey, just don't start bawling again.”

“I can't help it, I just want you to love me.”

“Dude, seriously.”

“No one else does, anyway...”

Seung Hyun looked at Jiyong carefully, somehow strangely touched by his words. This kid, there was something about him, something strange. Like he wanted to protect him from everything possible. Wait, was this really some kind of love? But last time he checked he was straight indeed.

“Don't you have family and all?”

“But... it's hard.” Jiyong whispered.

“Family, friends, that hot girl...” Seung Hyun took a seat next to Jiyong. “What do you need me for?”

“Because I don't seem to be able to pretend when I am with you” Jiyong leaned his head on Seung Hyun's shoulder.

“Don't get too touchy” Seung Hyun wanted to push him away but Jiyong's next words stopped him.

“I'm so tired of pretending.”

“Pretending?”

“Maybe it's because you have the same face so I don't feel like I have to be perfect. You would never be weak and cry like this, right? So if I do it... it's funny... I mean, I can always look at your face and think this guy is so cool. So, it's like I am looking at myself.”

Seung Hyun cracked a smile while sipping from his can. “You are so funny.”

“Hyung, I'll teach you how to play basketball so you love me.”

“You are so lame. Seriously, I have never met anyone as lame as you” Seung Hyun laughed.

“So love me like this, then... I'll feel at ease.”

“Like a puppy, I swear. Fine, I'll love you. But, only because you have that face.”

“Taininita.” Jiyong chuckled, burying his face into Seung Hyun's arm.

“Like a little kid... Tsham, but what were you saying about being perfect?”

“Oh that...” Jiyong sighed. “I can't be like this in front of everyone, can I?”

“Are you embarrassed of yourself?”

“Not me, someone else would be.”

“True that hot girl would totally dump your pathetic as.s.” Seung Hyun nodded. “But then again... aren't you taking it a bit too seriously?”

“What?”

“Love.”

“What love?” Jiyong scoffed, he leaned away from Seung Hyun, that indescribable mocking look appearing in his eyes. “Does something like that really exist?”

“You are creepy” Seung Hyun frowned. "Do you have some issues?"

Jiyong just shrugged. He sat cross legged and drank from his can, staring in front of himself. His cheeks were still a little bit swollen and red from all the crying. Meanwhile Seung Hyun stared at him, mesmerized.

The kid was like a copy of him, himself. He was kind of cute, there was something sad about him too, something touching and hella mysterious. Slowly Seung Hyun brought his hand to Jiyong's cheek and touched it. The latter didn't even budge, not bothered by the touch.

“Hmm?”

“But you know, we could actually be blood related. Hey, let's do the DNA test.”

“Do you know how much that actually costs?” Jiyong's eyes opened wide, he turned to look at Seung Hyun who finally withdrew his hand and crossed his arms over his chest.

“Don't worry, I have money, more than enough.”

“But I am sure my parents were really my parents.”

“Don't worry about that either, I was adopted.”

“Oh” Jiyong blinked. “But still, how can we look exactly the same?”

Seung Hyun smiled and shrugged. “The mysteries of biology.”

A short silence fell between them.

“Hyung” Seung Hyun's eyes watered again.

“What now?”

Jiyong suddenly hugged him burying his face into his fragrant shirt. “I'll love you too.”

“Let go.”

“You smell so nice.”

“YAH!”

“I'm so sorry, so sorry!”
 

“Shut up and let go.”

“Even if we are not blood related I'll still be your brother so you won't have to feel lonely.”

“Ya imma, I will really kill you” Seung Hyun grumbled.

“You must have been so lonely.” Jiyong mumbled. “I promise, I will love you.”

“Enough” Seung Hyun tried to push the kid away but the phabo wouldn't budge. “How can a 17 years old be like this?” he asked, feeling helpless.

“I received all the love while you... were feeling so lonely” Jiyong mumbled. “I feel so guilty.”

“Yah...” Seung Hyun whispered. “I think I...” It was actually damn embarrassing how some guy was making him feel fainthearted.

“I think I feel the connection too.” he laughed. “Am I going crazy?” Actually, he felt a few tears burn the corners of his eyes. So strange, this was the first time they met yet Seung Hyun felt like he had always known this lame, annoying, embarrassing, touchy kid. Oh he had no idea the DNA test would turn out positive.


“Hyung, that love... I'll return it to you. I promise.”
 

 

 





Once in a while Bae's threat would slip back into my busy mind. What if he sends some men to kidnap me and sets up a trap for Jiyong? Then kills him off when he comes to save me? But come on, it's not like I was filming a movie, I'd usually laugh it off. Besides, I didn't feel like anyone was following me or that my well being was threatened, I actually felt quite at ease, safe and content.

I was busy working, planning my future and bouncing between hospital and home. Day by day I was growing a little suspicious by the doctor's words about Seung Hyun's speedy recovery.

One month and he still hadn't shown any sign of waking up. I suspected he was just taking his time resting, probably seeing wonderful dreams too. How jealous I was of him.

One evening when I had stayed behind in Seung Hyun's room the door suddenly creaked open and a little girl came in. She said she had gotten lost while trying to find her nurse. There she stood, in her expensive looking cute pajama, pink furry slippers and a book under her armpit, complaining she couldn't fall asleep. She looked like a little princess. I asked her where was her room but she sad she wouldn't tell me, she wanted someone to read her a story. Like all responsible adults I promised that I would read her the book if she told me where her room was, we would go there first and then... She interrupted saying she didn't trust me because adults always lied. Okay, the situation was getting a little irritating.

As if being home she walked around the room, touching everything, shuffling here and there, exploring the room with her childish curiosity.

In the end she stopped next to me and peeked at Jiyong's face, asking what was wrong with this boy. I said he was sick, not exactly sick but he was asleep and I was waiting for him to wake up. Upon mentioning this her face brightened and she presented me the book, Sleeping Beauty read the pink fat letters. I smiled upon seeing the title and thought it did truly suit Jiyong's situation. Another fairy tale I never liked.

Some stupid pampered girl went and stung her finger on a spindle needle despite all the warnings. Besides, the story is freaking short without any interesting twists. And you know, when the girl fell asleep and the time stopped wouldn't it be logical that when she woke up the time would fast forward until the present?

So the prince would be holding a 100 years old grandma in his hands. And how could the fairy godmother be even sure that it will be the prince who will save her, what if some old man somehow sneaked in and kissed her? And what would have happened if she hadn't been kissed, would she have woken up by herself after 100 years?

What about the dragon, how long can a dragon live? And even if she woke up after 100 years wouldn't the surrounding world be way too different? Imagine a person from 100 year ago suddenly ends up in our reality with the iphones and plasma TV's! What a comedy would that be?

Despite all my mental ranting, I still did read the book to the little girl while she was sitting on the edge of Jiyong's bed and studying curiously his face. When I finished reading she asked how long did the boy sleep already and I said over 30 days. And when she asked who he was I said he was my oppa, maybe she thought he is my older brother but I don't care.

He is my oppa. I don't really like calling guys oppa but in Seung Hyun's case, it came naturally. The girl pouted and sighed, saying that I would have to wait really long until 100 years passed. I chuckled, wondering if 100 days would be enough. She grabbed her book back and slipped it under her armpit saying she would go now. When I offered to walk her back she said it was okay, she was already 6 years old, a big girl already, and wasn't scared of being alone.

After she was gone I wondered whether I had imagined her all together and then I just couldn't help but think about the Sleeping Beauty again while waiting for Taeyang  to return.

How many people actually know that the prince's mother was an orge queen and she wanted to eat the Sleeping Beauty and her two children? It was thanks to the humane cook they could live on because, once again, the prince went off somewhere oblivious to all the dangers. They always do that.

When I think about this... Shrek suddenly makes more sense. But anyhow, the prince did return just in time, in the last minute, and saved the day! Good for him... I wonder when the prince kissed Sleeping Beauty how could he be so sure this was the woman he wanted to marry? Was he only after fame or something?

I guess, he just trusted his fate.


“It's getting late, shouldn't you head home?” Taeyang  yawned, taking his eyes off from the TV screen.

“After this movie is over” I munched onto the popcorn.

“But it's getting dark.”

“And so what? Are you scared the big bad wolf will get me?” I snickered.

“You should be more careful.”

“But I am sure someone is watching over me, am I right?” I smiled cheerfully, glancing at Taeyang .

“I am sure since they might go after you too.”

“I wonder who it is? Maybe it's the prince of my dreams?”

“Even if he is, it's better if you don't get into trouble” Taeyang  lectured. He threw his feet over the edge of his bed and stood up. “I'm going to get some coffee, you want something?”

“Hmmm, maybe a coke.”

“I'll be back soon.”

I watched him walk away, he seemed to be in a much better mood now that his cast had been removed but he still limped and often complained that his foot hurt a lot. Broken bones take too long to cure. I could sense Taeyang  was sick of being at the hospital but his duty was now to guard Seung Hyun day and night.

The duck was starting to be a burden, you could say I was guarding him too since I spent all my free time keeping company to Taeyang . You might picture something romantic but no, I have to break those kind of ideas. We were just good friends, nothing more.

Often Daesung, some of my friends or Yeon Hee would accompany us and every time, especially if even one of my friends was there we would start gossiping about several rumors going around the hospital. Taeyang  would always groan and turn the TV louder so he wouldn't hear us, he has always hated gossiping.

This is embarrassing to admit but we'd sometimes even stalk people or go around asking about certain rumors. But hey, before you judge please understand we were bored to death. Sometimes I was so mad at the sleeping Seung Hyun I wanted to rip his head off and play basketball with it. That's how bored I was.

“What took you so long?” I asked promptly when Taeyang  came back.

“Sorry, there was no coke in the vending machine on this floor” he smiled apologetically. “Here” he threw me the can.

“Thanks! Ahhh, cold, fresh bubbling cancer liquid” I mumbled, smiling at my drink. “Come to me.”

“But after you finish drinking that you have to leave.”

“Nag nag.”

“Seriously, you are being too careless.”

“What could happen?”

“Well, someone might jump from behind the corner and stab you.”

“Someone might barge in here and stab you or then a drunk driver could hit me on the road and I'll die. Anything could happen.”

“Remember I warned you when you feel cold metal sinking in your back” Taeyang  said sounding hurt. “I am darn worried, you know it.”

“But nothing has happened.”

“Because! They are planning something huge, maybe attacking us all at once, I don't know.”

“Would be so creepy if exactly at the same time all of us got stabbed. Then again, that would be darn fancy.”

“Getting stabbed is not fancy.”

“But putting on a bloody show is. Like in a horror movie...”

The door suddenly opened and we whipped our heads to see who would be coming in so late. We guessed it was Daesung but we guessed wrong. My eyes widened from surprise and my hand froze in the popcorn bowl, there at the doorway stood no other than the bomb boy, his hair even redder than before.

He seemed to be in shock as he stood frozen, his lips slightly open and his eyes directed at Taeyang. I quickly glanced at Taeyang  who was staring back at Dong Wook, his brows furrowed and his hand gripping on the chair on which I was sitting. He looked darn startled too.

“What are you doing here?” I finally broke silence quickly standing up and putting the popcorn bowl on the chair. Seeing him was never good news and suddenly a bad feeling struck me. “G-get out of here!”

“Shut your trap bit.ch” Dong Wook hissed, finally stepping in and behind him I saw two other men.

They looked lazily around, clenching their jaws and scoffing silently. Someone closed the door.

“Don't talk to her in that manner” Taeyang  hissed back.

“Well, well, well” Dong Wook chuckled coldly, clapping his hands. “You always manage to surprise me. Seriously, I would have never expected.”

“Why are you here?”

“You still don't like small talk, I see.”

Taeyang  in clenched his jaw, his eyes filling with hate. “Get out!”

“No, I need to finish something first.” Dong Wook shifted his nonchalant gaze at Seung Hyun.

“I said get out!”

“I said I need to finish something!” Dong Wook suddenly roared making me shudder.

“Dara” Taeyang  said calmly, his yes never leaving Dong Wook. “You need to leave, now.”

Without a word I took a step towards the door but Dong Wook snapped his fingers. “No way, I want her to watch.”

“You are letting her go.”

“No I am not...”

Dong Wook and Taeyang  glared at each other for at least one minute without even moving, I suspect they even held their breathes. Meanwhile Dong Wook's companions stood in front of the door their arms crossed over their chests.

One of then winked at me and the other flashed a flirtatious smile. No thanks, I just wrinkled my nose and looked elsewhere. Suddenly Taeyang  moved, without a word he trotted to Dong Wook and grabbed the front of his shirt.

“I will dig your eyes out with a spoon if you don't leave while I am counting to three.”

“Your threats are empty to me now.” Dong Wook pushed him away. “There were times I respected you but now, you are nothing but a clown in my eyes” he spat the words from his mouth.

“It was your own fuking fault!” Taeyang  yelled, swinging his fist at Dong Wook, however the latter was faster and dodged, Taeyang 's second hit managed to land on his chest thought. Dong Wook bit his teeth together and kicked Taeyang  in the calf.

“Taste your own medicine, traitor.”

“Nooo!” I screamed when I saw something glint in Dong Wook's hand.

“Shut the fck up!” Dong Wook yelled, sending a death glare my way. “Or this knife will end up sticking from your nonexistent chest.”

“What did you say?” Anger crossed my face. “Dare to say that again!”

“Ugly sl.iut!”

"Girly son of a bit.ch!"

“That's enough!”

Taeyang  grabbed a fistful of Dong Wook's shirt and slammed him against the wall. The bomb boy didn't lose time, while getting enough support from the wall he kicked Taeyang  in the stomach, they fought a while like two angry girls and in the end Taeyang  ended up squashed against the wall with Dong Wook pressing his knife against his throat. How ironic weren't we just joking about getting stabbed?

“What's your last wish?” Dong Wook smirked, pressing his knife harder against Taeyang 's throat.

“It's for you to burn in hell forever” Taeyang  hissed his angry eyes sinking deeper into Dong Wook's.

“What's wrong? What's keeping you from doing that little movement? Have yo forgotten what I have taught you about slicing people's throats?”

They didn't notice I had gradually moved closer and before Dong Wook could do anything more I grabbed the back of his shirt and pulled with all my might. I must have been too shocked by the sight to be in my right senses. What kind of woman in her right mind would something as crazy as to further anger a guy who is holding a knife and isn't afraid to use it?

It's a pity I didn't see Dong Wook's surprised face, Taeyang again looked funny with his eyes almost falling from his sockets. There was a scratch on his neck and it was slightly bleeding. This much I could see while walking backwards and pulling Dong Wook with me, a few steps and I somehow lost my balance, he was coughing because his collar was pressing into his throat and somehow he too stumbled, falling along with me, on top of me.

I hit the back of my head against the floor and it hurt so much I had to lie still for a while moreover Dong Wook's weight squashed all the air from my lungs. He quickly spun around, his fierce eyes connecting with mine and held up his knife while propping his upper body with his other elbow. I shrieked, thinking this is it but he didn't stab me, he hit the knife against the soft surface of the floor and it sunk in a little.

“Crazy bitc.h” I heard him hiss and slowly opened my eyes. By that time Taeyang  was already dragging Dong Wook away by his hair. The guy squirmed and shrieked in pain and his knife, it was still there, stuck to the floor. Without another thought I grabbed it.

“What are you waiting for morons, get rid of that sh.it!” I heard Dong Wook yell. Taeyang  tossed him in the corner and kept kicking him while cursing under his breathe, from the corner of my eyes I saw the two other guys walking towards me their eyes fixed upon Seung Hyun. It hit me, they were here to get rid of him as in to kill him.

There was no time to panic like a real lady, I scrambled on my feet and climbed on Seung Hyun's bed, hugging him tightly.

"I'll protect you" I whispered.

“Kill him!” Dong Wook coughed.

“No you don't!” Taeyang  yelled.

“Lady, it's time to let go of your lover boy” One of the guys was already grabbing me, trying to pull me away but I stuck to Seung Hyun like glue.

“, kill the bit.ch too. No one cares.”

“Over my dead body.” Taeyang  kicked the guy away from me and shielded me and Seung Hyun with his body. Dong Wook was already sitting up, the two guys were glaring at Taeyang , knives in their hands, ready sink into something soft, like flesh for example.

“Taeyang , take it!” I offered him a knife but he refused to take it, he just stood still in front of me.

“Take the knife, damn it!” I yelled but he didn't budge. He was keen on standing there and just get stabbed or something.

“Wait” Dong Wook limped towards Taeyang , he was saying something but I couldn't make out what because my brain was busy trying to workout a plan of some kind.

It would be impossible for me to drag Seung Hyun out from the room but it would be possible to push him under the bed. It was a crazy idea but it was the only thing I could do. I started pushing and pulling his heavy body, I think he moved and groaned but I didn't have time to wonder whether he was waking up or not.

His limp body fell on the floor and I jumped after him, behind the bed. But I never could push him under the bed because my eyes caught Taeyang  leaning forward, his head falling on Dong Wook's shoulder. I could only see his back but I knew what had happened.

My lips parted but nothing could come out, my voice had disappeared somewhere. I could just tremble in shock when I saw a glimpse of a bloody knife before it sunk in Taeyang 's stomach again. I was hugging Seung Hyun closer to myself, my chin leaning against his head and his hair tickled my face. Someone was trying to separate us but I held on him with all my might.

The door opened and some people came in, by now I couldn't hear anything anymore and the world became blur to me, Taeyang  fell on the floor and I saw Dong Wook's shocked face. He was just standing there, his mouth open and his eyes glassy, he was staring at the blood paddle on the floor, his shoes were getting dirty.

I yelled something at the man who was trying to pull me away, he wouldn't let go but I somehow managed to get my hand free. Burying my face into Seung Hyun's hair I held up my arm to protect myself from what was coming. I sensed something was and yes, soon I felt my skin being ripped apart when a cold metal pierced my arm.

A piercing sensation zapped through my body as I hugged Seung Hyun tighter with my other arm. I screamed as someone pulled him away from me. I guess we were saved but Taeyang ... He wasn't lying there anymore, there was a nurse, a doctor, I even could make out K at the door. Bom must have come at the last minute.

“Dara” a hoarse voice called out probably a hundredth time already.. I leaned away from Seung Hyun and saw him stare at me in shock. It seemed he still couldn't quite understand what was going on, his gaze was bouncing all over.

I smiled in delight, finally noticing that I had been crying.

“I protected us” I whispered. “I did it. Aaaah..” I whimpered because my hand hurt so much, it was bleeding and my whole shirt was smeared in blood already, it was even on Seung Hyun's clothes and hair.

“It hurts” I cried. “It hurts but we are alive. I'm so happy! You are awake, you woke up. This is the best day of my life” I sobbed probably looking like a crazy person while crying, smiling and wringing my face at the same time.

And what did my duck do in this kind of situation? Of course, he did what a prince fcking charming would. He somehow managed to prop himself with one arm, even though his body was weak as hell, his other arm was suddenly snaking around my neck, tugging my head lower. He leaned in and his soft lips landed on mine.

“I'm so fcking proud of you” he whispered against my lips. “I didn't fall in love with you for nothing, bit.ch.”

“I hate you, bastar.d” I mumbled, in this manner unintentionally kissing him back. And then, like in all classic stories is meant to happen, I fainted.

.
.
.


The pain in my hand had eased a little but it still ached too much. I groaned and stirred in my sleep, not quite ready to wake up yet but the pain didn't let me drift back to sleep. Then I noted my healthy hand was being held gently, awww, duck was being sweet for once. By the way, what the heck was that kiss? When I wake up I am going to smack him over his head for being a ert on me again.

I frowned, tossing to my side and slowly started opening my eyes, feeling the warmth the hand gave slip away, just in time to see the door closing.

Did I just imagine someone holding my hand?

“Seung Hyun?” I asked in a hoarse voice and at the same moment the door flew open, a familiar smirk coming into my view.

“You are up?”

“Ugh” I mumbled. “Can I get something to drink?”

Seung Hyun walked to my bed with long strides and quickly poured me a glassful of water, meanwhile I clumsily sat up and scratched my head. I noticed I was now wearing a hospital gown and my left hand was bandaged.

“So?”

“Like crap, it hurts like hell.”

“How typical of you, I didn't even have any time to ask and you are already complaining.”

I gave him a dull side glance and drank my water, some running down my chin. I quickly wiped it away.

“How typical of you, picking a fight already.”

“If you hadn't complained.”

“It was a statement!” I announced.

Seung Hyun suddenly chuckled. “Good to see you haven't changed.”

“Wait! How about Taeyang ?!” I yelped, shock paralyzing my body. “Don't tell me he... he...”

“Relax, your sweetheart is feeling just fine.”

“Sweetheart?” I raised a brow.

“While your royal a.ss was sleeping Daesung came by and filled me in with all the dirty details.”

“And what might those be?” I asked dully.

“For example” Seung Hyun leaned back in his seat, crossing one leg over the other. "How you spent all your time with him talking about everything between heaven and hell.”

“Aha, how is that dirty?”

“Sharing secrets, laughing together....” Seung Hyun mumbled. “Spill it out, are you an item now?”

“What?” I shrieked. “We are friends, for god's sake!”

“I see...” He didn't sound like he believed me.

“Very close friends.”

“How close? friends?”

“I am this close to throwing this glass into your face.”

“Flirting there while I was asleep... How could you betray me so easily?” Seung Hyun made a grimace.

“Are you being jealous now?” I suddenly realized. Idiot.

“Tsh” he looked away, puffing his cheeks.

“So about Taeyang -”

“Of course, that's all you will talk about now” Seung Hyun combed his hair with his hand. “By the way...” His eyes suddenly squinted.

“What?”

“Don't what me! My hair, who did something to it?”

“Everyone came by,.”

“And this!”

Seung Hyun held his hand in front of my face, I noticed his fingernails were painted pink.

“Is it that Chae Rin bit.ch? I'm going to kill her!”

Right, Seung Hyun never got along with my friends. Maybe it would be better not to tell we actually put makeup on him and took pictures. But he is so pretty, we couldn't resist. Besides it was fun, Yeon Hee laughed a lot and to hear her laugh... I'd do anything.

“Relax, that looks good on you.”

“Next time when you fall asleep, you better be careful.”

“Are you going to me?” I joked.

“It's impossible, I would just start throwing up if I saw you .”

“You sound like a 10 year-old boy.”

“Why were you there?” Suddenly Seung Hyun's face became dead serious. I gave him a puzzled look.

“You could have died” he said grimly. “Why didn't you run away, phabo!”

“Hey, I saved your life.” I said dully.

“I don't need you to do that kind of things if it involves you getting hurt. Next time I won't forgive you.”

I sighed, so much for thank you.

“You know, next time then” I turned

Please log in to read the full chapter