Prove Your Love

Never Fall in Love

 

Amber was taken aback by Kris’ words. You could see the disbelief shown in her eyes. They certainly were not sparkling anymore.

“What do you mean?” she questioned, as she locked her eyes with Kris’. “Do you not love me?”

Kris’ eyes widened a bit. “Of course I love you.”

“Then prove it.” Prove to me that we’re not just colleagues.

 

What could Kris possibly say next? Would his words be enough to prove his love for Amber? The two stayed silent for a few moments as the atmosphere turned dark.

“Let’s do it then,” said Kris, still a bit hesitant.

“What?”

“Run away.”

“Where? When? How?” Amber clearly couldn’t believe Kris just said those words – “run away.” Kris’ deep voice echoed inside her head.

“Let’s start with one question first,” Kris said. He stepped closer to Amber. He put his arms around her neck and stared deeply into her eyes. “I love you, Amber. Will you run away with me? Run away and never come back?”

“But – but what about our careers? Our fans? Our lives?”

“Nothing matters more to me than you.” This time Kris wasn’t hesitant a bit – he was 100% sure – sure he was completely in love with Amber. 

“Do you mean that?”

“With every beat of my heart.”

Amber and Kris looked into each other’s eyes for about 10 seconds –thinking about what’s in their futures – before Amber fell into Kris’ strong arms and warm embrace. “Okay let’s do it.” She pulled away slightly and kissed Kris’ milky white cheek. “I’ll run away with you,” she whispered to his ear.

 

How would Kris and Amber run away? Would their company find out? And what if they did? What would happen then? Does this prove Kris’ undying love for Amber? So many questions were left unanswered.