A Sad Truth

Never Fall in Love

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnlweovxOeY&feature=related

 

 

It was a great night for EXO. They finished SMTown in L.A. and felt so grateful to be a part of the SM family. Everyone was back at the hotel, just relaxing and enjoying some food and drinks. While everyone was laughing and talking with their other SM family members, there were two people who couldn’t seem to form a smile – Kris and Amber.

Everyone knew the reason. They were in love. But they didn’t even know themselves. They always considered themselves colleagues – and nothing more. But deep down inside, they had a desire – a burning desire for each other. But they knew they could never be together. They had to sacrifice love for achieving their dreams. It was a sad truth, but they had to acknowledge it.  

Across from the hotel room where everyone was partying the night away, Kris stared at Amber, who was sitting by herself and looking out the grand windows. He wanted to go over there and embrace her, erase her loneliness, and talk with her – about many things. Kris felt Amber was the only person who he could pour his heart out to. He loved s, of course, but he didn’t feel the same about them as he did Amber. As much as he tried to fight this feeling for her, it was useless – he loved Amber.

Kris slouched in his chair and scanned the room. Everyone was laughing, talking, drinking, and having so much fun. But he couldn’t get his mind off what had happened earlier tonight. Amber kissed Kris’ cheek. He didn’t know if SM told her to do that, or if it was purely out of her own desire? Kris tried to clear his mind of the latter, but it was all he was thinking about. It was just a kiss on the cheek and nothing more, right?

Kris got off the chair and walked out of the party. Chanyeol, who was partying in the corner with Taemin and Baekhyun, stopped him and asked, “Where are you going, Hyung?”

Kris paused for a moment. “Going to look around the hotel.”

Before Chanyeol could say anything else, Kris was out the door. Chanyeol knew something wasn’t right, he wanted to go after him, but Yunho stopped him. Maybe he understood Kris needed to be alone. Maybe he knew Kris was in love – the way Yunho still is with Jaejoong.

Kris walked around the hotel and looked at all the couples holding hands and smiling at each other. Why couldn’t he have that? Was fame more important than falling in love? Was he going to achieve his dreams? Or be with Amber? He knew he could only have one.

Kris spent about 30 minutes walking around the hotel – just thinking about everything. Amber is just a colleague, right? He decided he shouldn’t be with her; it wouldn’t be good for their careers. As Kris sat in the lobby, playing with his hair and shaking his foot out of anxiety, he heard footsteps coming from behind. Kris thought nothing of it, until it came closer. He straightened up, in case it was a fan. And it was his biggest fan – Amber.

“What are you doing here?” Amber asked. “Have a lot on your mind?”

Kris looked up and saw Amber sitting on the couch across from him. “Oh, yeah,” he replied dully. “Why are you here?”

“I came to talk to you.”

“About what?” Kris asked, eyes locked on the tile floor.

“Us.”

Kris looked up at Amber again. He looked puzzled. “What do you mean?”

“I want to talk about us.”

“What is there to talk about?” Kris’ tone was a bit different this time. As if, he knew what she was going to say, and didn't want to hear it.

“Don’t you ever wonder? What we could be?”

“We – we – we – let’s go somewhere else, okay?” Kris whispered and looked around the hotel, he knew they couldn’t be talking about that in public. Amber took Kris to her hotel room. Her room was empty, since the f(x) members were partying. And Kris’ room still had a sleeping Luhan and Sehun.  

Kris closed the door behind them. Amber sat down on the edge of the bed, while Kris looked out the windows. There was utter silence.

Then Amber finally spoke up. “We could be something, you know?”

“No. We couldn’t.”

“And why not?”

“You know why, Amber.”

Amber got off the bed and walked to Kris’ side. “Why? Because of the company?”

“Amber, it would never work out.”

“How do you know? We’ve never tried it.”

“What about our careers? Our fans? Our dreams?”

“Love?”

“That’s out of the question.” Kris shook his head.

The utter silence was back. Neither knew what to say next.

 

Kris looked into Amber’s eyes. “What do you want me to do? We can’t do anything!”

“Yes we can! There’s always something.”

“What? Leave the company, our fans, our dreams, and run away?”

Silence. Silence in hotel room #482. What was there to say? Words couldn’t be used to describe what they were feeling right now. Silence was the only thing that could speak for them.

Kris walked away from the windows and paced the carpeted floor. Amber followed behind him. “It could work.”

“No it couldn’t. We can’t just abandon everything we’ve worked so hard for. It would never work out.”  Kris stopped and looked at Amber’s sparkling eyes. “Maybe we could never fall in love. We’re just colleagues.”