Where We Belong

Never Fall in Love

 

Kris wrapped his strong arms around Amber. Why did they just get themselves into? They stood there, as the bright lights of Seoul seeped through the curtains, dancing across their tired faces. They looked into each other’s eyes as the Seoul lights glowed in their hotel room. It was silent. They were thinking about what was to come. Running away is impulsive – something SM artists have all thought of, but knew to avoid. It was too foolish and it would destroy their careers in the snap of their company’s fingers. Imagine all the news headlines and reporters tracking their every move. There was absolutely no way they could escape without being caught. But they didn’t care…

“I’m nervous,” Amber said very softly. She gripped Kris’s hands tightly.

“Don’t worry,” he whispered, as he kissed her forehead. “I will protect you.”

“Do you promise?”                                                                                               

“I promise.”

Amber swallowed. “Where do we go?”

“Where we belong,” Kris replied.

“We don’t belong anywhere…expect here.”

“We belong with each other and no other way.” Kris grabbed her shoulders. “We’ll make it together.”

“We have to be logical, Kris. We can’t just run away into the city….we need to find our place.”

Kris looked away, into the city view from the high floor in the hotel. He knew she was right – they couldn’t just leave. He stared into the city, looking at the rushing cars, the crowded streets, the tall buildings. And then he thought of it…the place where they would go…the place where they would start their lives together...