Pink Date

Pink Date [One~Shot]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                “_____-ssi, we’re still up for tomorrow, right?” Sunggyu texted her with a smile.

                — Sunggyu-yah, why are you so hyper and bright today? — Soojin, his noona, asked with her endless curiosity.

                — Oh, nothing. Noona, I have a favor to ask — he said and his hand phone rang.

                “Hmmm, I don’t know… Last time we met, you tried to steal my pink suitcase. How do I know you’re not trying anything again? Kekeke~” she replied, laughing a bit, sitting on the sofa. Sunggyu frowned.

                “Yah! You tried to steal my cell phone and I didn’t say anything!” he texted back, making the girl laugh harder, already imagining the sentence on his offended voice. “I really want to see you…” he hesitated a bit, but ended up pressing the button to send the text.  A wide smile replaced her laughter the moment she read his message.

                — What is it? — Soojin asked.

                — What? — Sunggyu was anxiously starring to the screen of his phone.

                — The favor you wanted from me — she rolled her eyes.

                — Oh! Noona, you’re going to the mall with your girl friends tomorrow after lunch, right?

                — De, so what? Do you want me to drop you somewhere? — she guessed.

                — Can you do it? — he became excited.

                — If it’s not out of my way, I can — she shrugged.

                — THANK YOU, NOONA!~ — he shouted and jumped on her for a hug and his phone rang again — Oh, wait, wait! — he snapped and let go of her, checking the text.

                “See you tomorrow, Sunggyu-ssi” was her text.

 

*** Flashback

 

                It’s been two days since _____ came back from her trip. Every time she remembered something related to it, her mind would lead her memories to the pink suitcase incident, and that made her laugh. The girl was organizing some stuff and, among them, there was a pink handbag she won from her friends as a welcome back gift. She grabbed the item and was about to put it with the other handbags when she heard her mom yelling downstairs.

                — _____-ah! You’re cell phone is ringing, come here!

                — Cell phone? — she wondered while tapping her pockets and looking on the nightstand and study table. She threw the handbag on the bed and ran downstairs.

                — Where is it, umma? — she asked to her mom, who was on the kitchen.

                — I think it’s on the sofa; the song was coming from the TV room.

                — Thank you~ — she ran there and saw, still from afar, the keyboard lights twinkling, indicating that there was a message. She pressed a button that illuminated the screen, showing an unidentified number, she then pressed another button that showed the text.

                “Stalker girl, my cell phone is not working right and I think you’re the responsible for that, kekeke~ =P”

                — OMO! — she snapped and remembered — I totally forgot he had my number!

                Little did she know he had annoyed his noona for two days until she gave him _____’s number.

                “I’m sorry, but it’s been more than 24 hours, you lost the right to complain about anything related to that incident ^.^”

                “Jinjja? What do I do now?”

                “Well, I don’t think your case is serious, you can still send and receive text messages, I see, so it’s not the world’s end, right? =P”

                “…Ok, you got me >.< “ he gave up, making her laugh.

                After that, they’d always text each other, anytime, anywhere, and to talk about anything. The most curious thing was, they weren’t interested on what’s the name of the other’s school, if they worked, the places they used to go, nothing that could localize each other, but the things they wanted to know were the names of their pets or, in her case, plushies and teddy bears, the games they liked to play, favorite movies and food. They wanted to know more about each other’s personality. After some months of texting about who’s more beautiful or whose video game is better, Sunggyu found the courage to express his wish.

                “_____-ssi… You know how long we’ve been texting, right?”

                “Four months, isn’t it?”

                “De… I thought you weren’t counting, keke~”

                “Of course I am! I think you’re the one who’s not counting and asked me only to be sure u.u”

                “Well, that’s a lie. I know exactly how long passed since the first and last time I saw you, and that’s a lot” he sent the text, his heart beating faster.

                — Pleeeeease~ Say you want to meet again~ — she whined while texting back. “That’s a lot, I have to agree…”

                “How about we meet again? =D”

                — That’s it — he said to himself — Say yes, say yes, please~

                “Perfect!” her only word couldn’t make them happier that moment.

 

*** Flashback

 

                “Wait, you still remember my handsome face, right?” he asked jokingly.

                “I do, but don’t worry, if I forget how you look like, I’ll just look for some boy obsessed with his phone, that must be you. Oh, and you have to look for the prettiest girl you have ever seen, right? Keke~”

                “I will =)”

 

                — UMMA! — _____ came running downstairs and shouting to the kitchen wearing only shorts and bra — Which one is better? — she showed two shirts.

                — I like the Domo one. It fits better if you’re wearing Converses, and I know you are.

                — Right, Domo it is — she said and turned around to go to her room again.

                — Oh, it’s today, isn’t it? Your date with that airport guy?

                — De~ — she sang and danced all the way to her room.

 

                — Sunggyu-yah! I’m leaving in ten minutes! — Soojin shouted to the bathroom. Some seconds later, he opened the door.

                — You’re not leaving without your wallet, are you, noona? — he smiled amused.

                —YAH, YOU BRAT! — she yelled at him and they started a mini running competition through the corridor to his room, but, as usual, he arrived first and locked the door, leaving Soojin furiously knocking and shouting.

 

                — Umma, I’m leaving~ — _____ said.

                — Have fun, yeobo — she smiled to her daughter.

                — I will — she danced all the way to the door.

                _____ left the house with a huge smile upon her face, she almost couldn’t believe she was about to meet Sunggyu again. The girl checked her watch; they’d meet between the fountain and the chocolate store at 3PM, it was 2:40PM and according to her math, it would give her fifteen minutes waiting, since it usually takes her five minutes walking there from home. She held tighter to her handbag, the one her friends gave her, and kept walking happily.

 

                — What’s the problem? You agreed yesterday! — he protested.

                — Yeah, if it wasn’t out of my way. The mall is on the other side of the town! — she started the engines.

                — Well, I think you’ll be a little late, then — he said and a laugh escaped his mouth.

                — You could’ve told me earlier — she mumbled.

                — Noona, it’s only fifteen minutes! — he said.

                The rest of the trip went silent. Sunggyu would occasionally look at his cell phone and smile like silly, but Soojin couldn’t be happier for her little dongsaeng, though she didn’t have the guts to demonstrate. Suddenly Sunggyu snapped before arriving the fountain.

                — THAT’S HER! STOP HERE, NOONA, I’M GETTING OUT OF THE CAR — he shouted while opening the door with the car still moving.

                — YAH! CLOSE THE DOOR! DO YOU WANT TO DIE?! — she tried to hit him and drive at the same time.

                —Aaaack! — he complained — Stop the car, noona~ — he whined.

                — Where is she? — Soojin asked, looking for her on the sidewalk — Are you sure that that’s her?

                — I’m sure! That’s her, the one with that pink purse — he pointed a girl walking happily.

                — Wait a minute… Is that purse the same as mine? — she said in disbelief. Sunggyu quickly checked both of them.

                — Yes, so what? Noona, stop the car, please~ I’m gonna miss her.

                Soojin stopped the car and Sunggyu got out hurriedly, thanked his noona and went after the girl. She was humming some song he couldn’t recognize, but identified as a happy one. Both of them were smiling, with him following her, getting nearer by the second.

                — _____-ssi! — he called, only two steps behind her.

                The girl turned around and recognized his smile; the one she saw only once, but imagined infinity times during their text conversations.

                — Sunggyu-ssi! — she smiled back.

                Inexplicably, Soojin was between them.

                — Oh, Annyeonghaseyo — _____ bowed politely.

       

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter