Chapter 4 - Confusion

Weakness

 

It was 6 o’clock the next morning, when Taemin finally awoke from his dreamless sleep; it was the first one since that night. They loved to haunt him all hours of the day. Taemin felt extremely relaxed, stretching as he stood up off the bed he made his way to the kitchen. He found a yellow sticky note stuck to the fridge. It read;

‘Dear Taeminnie,

I hope you sleep well; you needed it you seemed so tense and exhausted even from when I ran into you today. If you need anything please don’t hesitate to call me. You’re amazing Minnie, don’t forget that. I’ll forever commend you.

Stay strong!’

Minho, XXX-XXX-XXX.

The memories of what had taken place yesterday, made their way back into Taemin’s mind. He smiled, Taemin had no idea why but he felt relieved beyond belief. He felt genuinely happy for the first time. Taemin couldn’t believe how much Minho had changed him in just one day, and without him having any idea as well, so much for the barriers I built, Taemin scoffed. After making a simple breakfast, Taemin got dressed, into a pair of black skinny jeans with rips running almost the whole length of his legs with his boots, a teal t-shirt with a dangerously low neck line and a long black cardigan. Running his fingers through his already straight hair, as he walked out the door, he walked down the stairs to the lobby and proceeding out the front door. Minho looked up from where he leant against the wall outside Taemin’s apartment block, upon spotting Taemin his jaw dropped, there were only three words for Taemin. Drop Dead Gorgeous, Minho couldn’t peel off his eyes of Taemin, before he realised Taemin had walked passed him. Snapping out of his gaze, Minho turned around and jogged the few steps it took to take hold of Taemin’s wrist.

‘Minnie!’ Minho practically breathed, as his eyes travelled down wards to the creamy skin of Taemin’s collar bones and chest.

‘Minho? What are you doing here?’ Taemin asked surprised to see Minho standing before him. Minho was still dazed, his eyes scanning Taemin looking at the definition of Taemin’s muscle, he wasn’t overly defined as Minho but it was still noticeable.

‘Minho!’ Taemin practically shouted, feeling unusually hot under Minho’s gaze.

‘Quit it, will you!’ Taemin huffed; annoyed that even Minho couldn’t take his eyes off him. He was used to pretty much everyone from the general public lusting after him, but Taemin just felt plain awkward when Minho did it.

‘Sorry Minnie, you’re just...’ Minho was unable to find words for how beautiful Taemin looked right now. Taemin tried to look at Minho, but Minho’s eyes never left Taemin’s body. Taemin pulled his hand free from Minho’s loose grip, annoyed he stormed off in the opposite direction. It took a few seconds for Minho to realise what happened looking up he spotted Taemin about 20 metres in front of him.

‘Minnie! Wait!’ Minho yelled, running to catch up with Taemin, grabbing his wrist to turn him around again. Taemin looked up at Minho anger clearly visible in Taemin’s eyes.

‘I’m sorry, but do you realise just how incredible you look!’ Minho started. Minho’s brain kept one word on repeat when he looked at Taemin. Perfect, Perfect, Perfect, Perfect. Taemin’s eyes narrowed at Minho.

‘Incredible? What drugs are you on Minho?’ Taemin smiled, and then laughed at Minho, all traces of anger leaving his body. At Taemin’s smile Minho lost all sense of sensible reason, butterflies in his stomach emerged out of nowhere. Minho smiled, no matter how much he wanted to kiss Taemin right now, he didn’t even know if the latter was gay.

‘I’m not on anything Taemin.’ Minho paused.

‘Do you always dress like this?’ he questioned Taemin, Taemin looked up at Minho.

‘Yeah, why? Got a problem with it?’ Taemin glared at Minho, hoping that Minho said no, so that he didn’t have to flip him over his shoulder.

‘No!’ Minho half yelled a bit too eagerly for his liking.

‘It’s just... well you know... you must have had a lot of lovers.’ Minho stated, envious, knowing that he didn’t stand a chance with Taemin, his gaze met the ground. Taemin’s mood drastically changed.

‘So what Minho? Just because I dress the way I do, it automatically makes me a !’ Taemin yelled at Minho face. Minho looked up from the ground at Taemin, not expecting him to take him so literally.

‘No! Minnie! You took that way to literally.’ Minho backed off in his defence.

‘I just meant...’ but before Minho could finish his explanation. Taemin ran off yet again, it seemed like he couldn’t stand being near Minho, and that just broke his heart.

‘Minnie!’ Minho screamed, trying to follow Taemin, but Taemin was too fast, he turned around the corner, but when Minho finally caught up there was no trace of Taemin. Minho slowed to a halt, hands on his knees, he sighed. Why couldn’t he act reasonably around Taemin? Why couldn’t he be what he believed to be his usual self? Taemin turned the corner after running away from Minho, sprinted to the end of the street, and turned again. He stopped and stood against the wall, breathing heavily, almost at the point of a pant. Taemin continued down the alley, thinking he should just return home, Taemin leant up off the wall and took an alternate route back to his apartment block. Minho had a similar idea. Taemin made his way up the stairs head hung low his long bangs completely obscuring his view in front of him. He didn’t even notice the figure at his door until he practically ran into it. Taemin looked up his brows furrowed and his fists clenched.

‘Go home, Minho.’ Taemin said solidly hoping that Minho would get the picture, unlocking the door, Taemin stepped inside.

‘No Taemin! I won’t go home not until you hear me out.’ Taemin tried shutting the door but Minho pushed through, Taemin slamming the door behind him.

‘What is your problem Minho? You insult me and then won’t leave! What do you want?’ Taemin practically shouted. Minho looked at Taemin, he no longer felt angry that Taemin ran from him, at that moment lust took over.

‘Taeminnie... I want you.’ Minho said looking Taemin directly in the eyes. He strode forward and kissed Taemin. Taemin stood there, what was happening.