Chapter 2: Protect

LOVE IS SWEET

 

“I don’t have a family anymore” “Me too” Hyeri looked at Chanyeol.

“I was adopted. Well I don’t want to tell you about my life. I want to know your life” “My father died in car accident and my mom died because of brain cancer. Now, I lived alone in my family house”

                The classroom door been kicked by someone. Seven guys entered the class.

“Hyeri got a new friend, huh?” Peniel smirked. “That’s mean, we got a new pray”

“No! He has nothing to do with me” Hyeri stood. “How dare you raise your voice at me?” Peniel grabbed Hyeri’s uniform collar. “Hey! Calm down” Chanyeol putted his hand on Peniel’s shoulder. “Shut up!” a hard punch landed on Chanyeol’s face. He fell.

“I thought you so strong but weak like her” Eunkwang kicked Chanyeol. “Stop it!” Hyeri demanded. Eunkwang paused and turned to Hyeri. “Why do you suddenly become so brave? Is it because of this guy?” Hyeri looked down.

“Just forget about it” Eunkwang walked out of the classroom. Peniel let go off Hyeri and joined the rest of the group out of the class. Hyeri helped Chanyeol to get up.

“Are you okay?” “I’m fine” Chanyeol winced. His lips were bleeding. “Your lips. It bleeding” “It’s okay” he wiped the blood with his hand.

“I’m sorry” “It’s not your fault. I just want to help you” “I’m so sorry”

               

                The school ended. Hyeri walked to the school gate.

“Hyeri!” Chanyeol called from behind. Students looked at him but he ignored. Hyeri pretended not to hear. “Hyeri!” Chanyeol grabbed her shoulder. “Don’t talk to me. Do you want the incident to happen again?” “I don’t care”

“But Chanyeol-” Chanyeol smiled. “Fine. What do you want?” “Nothing. Just want to walk with you” “About what happen during recess time. I’m truly am sorry” “I said it’s okay”

“I’m going home by car. You?” Chanyeol asked. “I walk home. I lived near this school”

                They stopped at the school gate. “Bye” Chanyeol said to Hyeri. “I’m not going to go home yet. I want to accompany you while you wait for your mom to pick up” “Really? Thanks”

“I’ve tell you about my life. Now I want to know yours” “I’m adopted. My father always busy with his job. My mom always tortures me at home. She always care his other son more than me” “Your life was-” “Horrible. I know” “Did your father know about it?” Chanyeol shook his head. “My mom will act like she care about me in front of my father”

“You know what? Your life was like Cinderella” “Cinderella? I’m a guy, okay?” Hyeri laughed. “I don’t know why I tell my life to you. I’ve never tell my whole life to anyone before this” “Me too” Hyeri voiced.

“I just remember. Why do you transfer to this school anyway?” “Why? Can’t I?” “I just asking”

“I got bullied at school too. Just like you” Chanyeol stated.  Suddenly, a car horn disturbed their conversation.

“I’ll tell you later. Bye” Chanyeol waved and entered the car. The car sped off. *I should go home now* Hyeri walked home.