Chapter 1: My Awful Life

LOVE IS SWEET

 

“Go to hell!”  “Ugly” “ you!”

                These are the words that always been written on Hyeri’s desk. Thrashes and chewed gums filled her desk. Her classmates laughed at her. Hyeri’s face looks normal than ever. She putted her beg on the chair and began to pick up the thrashes.

                The school bell rang and students took their seats. Mr. Lee, the class teacher walked in.

“Good morning, class” he greeted. “Good morning, teacher” Students sat at their places. Hyeri too joined the class. She sat quietly.

“I had a great news for you” “What is it, teacher? Is it about holiday?” one of the students voiced. “No. We got a new student today” “New student?” Mr. Lee smiled and nodded.

“Come on in” Mr. Lee called. A tall guy entered the class.

“Introduce yourself to the whole class” Mr. Lee ordered. “Hi! I’m Park Chanyeol. It’s nice to meet you” Chanyeol bowed.

“You can sit next to” Mr. Lee paused. He looked around the class.  He noticed an empty space next to….. Hyeri. “Next to Hyeri” Hyeri looked up. Why was her name been called?

“Yes, teacher” Hyeri raised her hand. “You can sit next to her” “Okay, teacher. Thank you” Chanyeol bowed. He walked to his place. He tripped. All his books fell to the ground.  A guy smirked. Chanyeol got up and picked up his books. He sat at his place.

“Hi! I’m Chanyeol” he greeted Hyeri. Hyeri looked away. *Is she dumb?* He looked at Hyeri’s desk. It looks horrible. *What happen to her? Did she got bullied here?* Chanyeol kept the questions in his mind first. He thought of asking her after class.

“Okay, class. Let’s continue our lesson from yesterday” Mr. Lee voiced.

                It was recess time. The cafeteria was filled with students. Chanyeol stayed in the class. He turned to Hyeri.

“Are you okay?” he asked. Hyeri grabbed a piece of paper and wrote something. She gave the paper to Chanyeol.

‘Sorry but I don’t want to talk to anybody’ “Why?” ‘I can only talk to you if nobody here. I don’t want you to have the same luck as I’ “But nobody was here” Hyeri looked around. Nobody was in the classroom except for them. Hyeri opened at last.

“Sorry for not talking to you just now. I’m Lee Hyeri” “It’s okay. I want to ask you something. Did you got bully?” Hyeri nodded. “That’s why I don’t want you to be my friend. I don’t want you to get bullied everyday like me. A guy makes you fall this morning right? That’s because you sat beside me. He’s one of the gang in this school. His name is Minhyuk”

“But why do they want to bully you?” “I don’t know. Maybe it’s because my life is awful and they want to make it worst” “What do you mean your life is awful?”