Research

Shape Shifters

After a long day at school, you decided to start your research on shape shifters.  You got your brand new laptop out of your bag.  It was a gift your aunt gave you before you left.  It was a glossy white color and it was pretty compact.
 
You then opened a window, typed "Shape shifters" in the search bar and started searching.  Like any typical student, you opened Wikipedia and started reading the information.  Every now and then, you would copy and paste some information in a Word document.
 
After going through various sites, you went on this site that seemed pretty interesting.  You started reading the information.
 
Shape shifters: Mythical creatures who are able to shift their form.
 

Species Info: Shape shifters are considered to be some of the less threatening of the supernatural beings by most humans, when in reality Shape shifters are some of the most dangerous creatures. Shape shifters are of cursed blood, forced to feed on the blood of humans to maintain their human forms, lest they revert to their animal forms and eventually die.

Shape shifters all have heightened senses of smell and hearing as well as enhanced speed and strength. They have the ability to shift at will when they feed regularly, but when they don’t, shifting gets harder and harder until finally maintaining a human form is too difficult and they’re stuck in their animal forms until they feed. It gets dangerous at this point, because if they don’t feed in a timely manner, shape shifters wither away and die. Because of this, shape shifters usually travel in packs to look out for one another and make sure that no one is left to fend for themselves.

 

The curse of shape shifters is spread through blood, both literally and figuratively. Shape shifter blood is considered to be highly “toxic,” as blood entering the body via ingestion, open wounds, or membranes curses the person who comes in contact with it. The curse is also inheritable; even if only one parent is a shifter, the child will be a shifter. The full change takes anywhere from three days to two weeks and is said to be incredibly painful if the shifter doesn’t feed during this process. Once the change is complete, the new shifter will only have a matter of hours to feed before they’re unable to maintain their human form anymore.

 

Because of how easy the shifter curse is to spread and because there is no known counter curse or cure, shape shifters are often regarded with contempt from other members of the supernatural community. Shape shifters tend to stick to one another, if nothing else to have someone else to rely on and to have protection should anything bad happen.

However, misconceptions are incredibly easy to make as anyone with knowledge of the supernatural community is at least somewhat aware of. [source]


After reading the page loaded with information, you were feeling somewhat nostalgic.  You remembered about a boy you met. 
 
You quickly scrambled to your book shelf and searched for an old, faded-red journal.  You slowly opened the book and skimmed through the pages until it landed on the page that was dated May 23rd.  It's years since you wrote the entry.
 
You looked at the small paragraph, it was written in a sloppy manner.  You were only five at the time, you were a smart kid who just learned how to write.  You turned to the next page to find a brown feather. 
 
You took the feather in your hands reminiscing the time you first met a special little boy.

 

 

----------------------

Have you guys heard? Teen Top's teaser for their new song will be out in a few hours :D  I can't wait to see it!