Chunji's past

Shape Shifters

"What's your gift?" you asked with curious eyes.

 

"Invisibility.  I can go and sneak into the girl's locker room if I wanted to!"

 

"ert!" you slapped him playfully on the arm.  "How did you get here?  Before meeting Teen Top."

 

"That's a secret even Teen Top doesn't know."  he said indifferently.

 

"Oh..." you huffed.  You quickly went on to a happier subject.

 

Chunji didn't feel bad about not telling his friends about it, it's not like he was the only one.
 
Everyone in Teen Top has their story; their secret.  It's one reason why they don't use their real names.  It's part of their past, the one that they want to forget.  For Chunji, he lived a life of a poor orphan boy in the other realm.  He lived on the streets and begged hard to get food.  By the time the war started, he was four and was smart enough to be able to escape to the human world.  He lived in an orphanage situated in Tokyo but it wasn't long until a family adopted him.  Not just any family.  They were a family of shape shifters like him.  He was happy with a new family who loved him.  One who had enough money to live comfortably.
 
There was one regret though.  Only one.  At the orphanage, there was a brother and sister.  The girl was still a baby while the boy was about his age.  They, too, have just arrived into the orphanage.  Chunji felt doubtful about them, especially the young boy.  Something was strange, he surely wasn't human.  He maybe was a shape shifter, but, because of the commotion of a war and the Shadows, Chunji quickly took action to send him away.  He didn't want to take any chances. 
 
He made a series of pranks.  Some included putting frogs in a tub or pulling the fire alarm.  His gift of invisibility helped a lot too.  After each prank, he would tell the care taker it was the boy's fault.  Soon, the caretaker had enough.  "That's it mister. If you want to be a troublemaker, feel free to do so outside this orphanage.  GET OUT!" She yelled while pulling him towards the door.  He tried to fight back but she was an adult, too strong for the four year old boy.  All he did was try to resist.  "YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND!  I CAN'T LEAVE JIJI ALONE, SHE NEEDS ME." he screamed as he got kicked out of the door.  Being left alone in the streets of Japan. 
 
That night, the little girl wouldn't cease to stop crying.  She cried and cried.  The care taker assumed it was because her brother was gone.  Because they shared a close bond together.
 
The next morning, Chunji wanted to see her.  To comfort the little girl who was still a baby.  Perhaps she just wants company?  However, he realized it was too late when the care taker woke him up saying "Chunji, wake up.  Your new parents have came to pick you up."
 
That was the end of that.  He wished the best for the little girl and her brother.  He felt horrible for separating them.  That the girl would live a life with chances of never knowing she had a brother.  That the brother would feel regret.  Regret for not being able to take care of his little sister.  Since then, he vowed to help for the good.  And if, only if, he met either the young boy or girl, he would help them no matter what.

 

He knew that would be impossible though.  For one, he now lived in Korea.  It would take a silver of a chance for both of them to be where he is now. 

 

Although, if that tiny grain of luck existed, he would help them even if he got hurt or died along the way be cause that's how bad he felt about everything.