Five - Unexpected

I'm a warrior, what are you to me

"Warmth and love will only get in your path in this cold harsh world. Leave it and go."

---

Normal POV

~~~~~~ was stunned and at a loss for words. She wasn't what he think she was! No! "I..." she gulped, "I've a job to do."

"To please men? Really? A tough female fighter like you has this kind of job too huh. No I wonder what I those poisoned for. How much did you enjoy that?" Daehyun replied between his teeth. It was so abnormal for him to react so coldly under such circumstances. Why did he even care? She wasn't indebted to him or anything. He was in fury because of those men that were feasting their eyes on her; especially looking at her in such clothing. He held his breath when he looked down and saw her vulnerable state. But those eyes of her, they were not flirtatious, neither were they euphoric, nor indifferent. People in this kind of job wouldn't have shown such great remorse, pain and vengeance..

~~~~~~’s POV

“What?! You think I like to please men? You think you are all that great just because you come from a prestigious warriors’ association? Even if I were given a chance, I would never step foot in there ever again! All you know-it-alls never change!” I retorted. Anguish surged through me; I’ve never felt so betrayed. It was worse than being called a . I’m a real fighter, fighting for my life and my father’s life. That’s the worst and most hurtful kind of remark anyone has given me in the recent months… Or maybe it’s because I’ve been living alone by myself each day…

I shot him a disdain look. His eyes widened a little, I could see he was shocked by my defence. Why do I bother? I shoved his left arm and stormed off. There’s no point explaining my low life to people who have never experienced my pain and misery.

Daehyun’s POV

She just left. And I watched her back as she trailed off further… and further. There’s more to this girl than she seems to portray herself. She’s a mystery I have to find out about.

Just then, I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard familiar voices and grunts. That’s Jongup and Zelo! Oh no! ~~~~~~ heard it too. She spun around and met my eyes. “Hey you..” She gave me a stern glare and put a finger to her lips, gesturing me to keep it low. “Who’s with you?” she mouthed. “My troupe of warriors, 5 of them,” I mouthed back. I watched her pulled her hair in annoyance and went to a nearby drawer and pulled out her snake whip. “You guys are getting on my nerves seriously,” she said spitefully and ran off. I chased after her down the stairs to a dark dirty basement.

Normal POV

A fight had already broken out. Himchan, Zelo and Youngjae already had bloodstained robes, the rest were fighting with multiple black men at once. Obviously outnumbered, Daehyun and ~~~~~~ sprinted forward to attack those men.

“Uzma, get your men to stop this instant! Don’t create a scene you bastard!” ~~~~~~ shouted. The warriors were busy fighting off the black men, but they were aware of the presence of an unknown girl. “Who the heck are you?” Jongup spat out his words while hurling a man over his shoulders. “I’m neither on your side nor his side. Just shut up and get away from this place,” she replied in frustration. “UZMA COME OUT STOP HIDING. I’VE FOUND YOU LONG AGO.”

“Not bad, young chick. You’ve been doing very well, your father will be proud.” A mysterious man draped in black cloak appeared from the door at the corner, followed by a hunched person pulled along with him at the back. “Appa?!” ~~~~~~’s eyes widened. She flung the guy she was fighting with to the end of the basement and rushed forward to the gang lead who seems to be ‘Uzma’. “APPA!” she shouted again but she got held back by more men in black. “Let go of me and my appa you bastards!”

Daehyun’s POV

I heard ~~~~~~’s shrilly cries and scanned through the chaotic scene for her. She was facing a cloaked man and his hostage, screaming, appa? I ran forward to help her but halted.

~~~~~~’s POV

“I didn’t launch this attack! So leave my appa alone. I’ve fulfilled my promise, please, I beg you, don’t do anything to harm him!” I screamed. Tears were b in my eyes, but I held them back. I couldn’t show that I was weak. No! He will take away appa, and all these months of preparation and effort will go down to waste.

“I don’t think so. Why should I trust that pathetic excuse of yours? Aren’t they from your previous association? Oh look, your fellow mate is coming to save you,” Uzma scoffed. “BACK OFF DAEHYUN! I DON’T NEED YOUR HELP!” I was desperate. They have to stop this or we will be mistaken as one.

Daehyun’s POV

I heard her but how could I stand by the side and watch her get captured? I swung my sword and slashed the men who were holding her back.

“There is it, your life will be more difficult from now on! Have fun finding your father again. We’ll disappear from here and you won’t be able to get him back until you give us what we want!” that clocked man threatened ~~~~~~ and gave us both a menacing look. “NO! Get back here,” I watched her lunge forward but at that split moment, I pulled her back and turned us back facing him. And explosion from behind caused us both to be thrown off our feet.

Then everything was silent, the men had fled. I took a moment to scan the surroundings before I noticed ~~~~~~ weeping. I let go of her slowly from my arms and looked at her broken self. “You jerks, I hate you! Look what you’ve done” She shouted, in between her sobbing. She swung her arm to hit me but I grabbed it before she could. I went closer to her forced her into an embrace. I had to hug her; she was so cold, lost and hurt. Was it because of us?

 

---

^_^