Two - First Meeting

I'm a warrior, what are you to me

"She fights like a warrior to hide her inner weakness, her vulnerability."

~~~

Himchan and Daehyun hastily went back to the academy to look for Master Jung.

"Let's be more alert from now on. We do not know the background of the female warrior," Master Jung warned. "Yes, sir!" Daehyun and Himchan bowed before leaving Master Jung's room.

"I can't believe she ran away, I didn't have a chance to see her face!" Himchan cried. "I wonder if she's alright, her arm got hit by something poisonous," Daehyun remarked while staring and flipping the emerald talisman. "It would be good if she will still be alive."

That night, after Daehyun had finished his daily training, as he was about to turn in for the night, he heard a branch crack from a tree outside his window. Instantaneously, he got back to his feet and grasped his sword to find the incoming intruder.

He chased the figure for quite a fair by of distance. *Damn, who is this?* he thought. Both of them reached a big river. A skilful warrior could jump over easily.

~~~~~~'s POV

*! I'm trapped* You looked over your shoulder and saw the chaser hot on your heels. Without thinking much, you jumped. But because of your injuries, you winced and lost concentration, falling into the river.

Normal POV

Daehyun was stood there, astounded. A warrior that could have sprinted so quickly should have been able to jump across the river. Why did he/she fall in? He surveyed the area and stood by the banks to have a better look. *She's a girl!* Under the moonlight, Daehyun saw a pool of blood in the water. He grew alert. *She's injured so she can't swim. I've got to save her!* He put his sword down and jumped in to hurl you up.

You panicked when he approached you in the waters. You wanted to swim away but you were sinking as you couldn't stay afloat plus your arm was in excruciating pain. *I.... Can't.... Stay afloat much... Longer* As you were about to sink, a strong arm caught your waist and you passed out.

"Agassi! Agassi! Are you alright? Hey! Emerald talisman!" Daehyun called out while shaking you slightly. He recognised her from the morning incident. *How did she withstand the pain and jump into the water?!* He leaned down to check if she was breathing and at that moment, your eyes fluttered open and your instincts made you retaliate immediately and you lifted your arm to attack. Daehyun was startled too but he blocked the attack and held onto your arm tightly.

~~~~~~'s POV

"Let go of me!" I hissed. I tried to squeeze my hand out of his grasp but he simply held on tighter and pulled me up to a sitting position. You  didn't realise how close you guys were until he whispered in a really calming tone. "You were here earlier, right? And you were injured. Are you ok?"

You refused to say anything and struggled to break free. Your efforts were futile as he had a lot more strength and held you even more tightly. "Look! I have nothing that you want and neither do I want anything from you. I got chased by the enemies so I'm not your enemy now would you please let go!"

Daehyun's POV

"Relax will you. I'm just trying to help. You're injured!" This girl is really something... What does she want to hide so badly?! "I don't know you so I won't get help from you!" She cried. 

Normal POV

"Ugh keep quiet and let me help," Daehyun muttered. Before you could object, he picked you up and carried you.

---

^_^