What if I tell you that I like you?

Gedunken

 

Dara’s heart thumped harder as she took a step closer towards the entrance of the cave. She stared at the glittering red and pink lights scattered all over the ceiling as a soothing mellow song echoed throughout. The low murmurs of anxious girls lined up were not match to her heart that was beating a hundred times per second. As another girl entered the cave, the line was prompted to progress. She hesitated from taking another step until she felt a hand on her shoulder…

 

“I’m really sorry my little bunny friend…. I didn’t know that tunnels of love were this complicated these days…” Bom dejectedly whispered for the nth time as she lowered her head in guilt. In reply, the paling brown-haired girl placed her hand on top of the red head’s hand and said

 

“It’s really alright Bom. It’s no one’s fault… We really didn’t expect this right?”

 

Who knew that no one had control over who you will be riding with in this specific tunnel of love. As it turns out, guys and girls are separated upon reaching the entrance of the ride. Everyone is made to pick a certain symbol and this determines to whom you will be sharing this ride with.

 

Dara looked down at the little pebble she was holding and cling on it tighter. She heaved a sigh as she took a step forward before looking back at her friend and gave her a what she hoped for was a reassuring smile.

 

“On the other hand, isn’t this a bit exciting?” She managed to voice out despite feeling the exact opposite on the inside.

 

What if the guy I end up with is a creep? A ert? A maniac?!

 

Thoughts like these made her shiver as the girls in front of her entered one by one. Soon, she was facing a girl dressed up as an angel who was manning the station.

 

“Are you ready to meet your soulmate?” the girl asked as she gestured her hand towards the entrance which appeared dark. Dara took one last gulp and looked back at Bom who was smiling nervously. With one last smile, she entered the cave and hoped for a miracle to happen.

 

Taking a few more steps forward, bright lights suddenly came into view. She squinted her eyes as it took a moment before she had finally adjusted to the brightness. Seeing things that are blurred out, she noticed a figure standing a few steps away from her.

 

Please don’t let him be a creep… Please don’t let him be a creep… Please don’t let him be a creep…

 

Taking the courage to fully open her eyes, her heart unexpectedly flipped upon seeing the figure that was standing in front of her in full view….

 

“Why the long face princess?”

 

Narcissistic prince?

 

What was she feeling the moment she realized GD was her ‘soulmate’? She really couldn’t describe it as well. Of course she was relieved as he was not a stranger and thankfully a creep… but nonetheless, this was the person whom she had a few undesirable moments with.

 

He was the bully whom loathed her for some time. The bully who tormented her at some point. The meanie who would usually insult her, annoy her and everything a guy who sees you as a nuisance will do.

 

As if you didn’t have good moments with him though…

 

A voice reasoned at the back of her head. She blinked a couple more times before finally getting out of the trance she was in.

 

“I know I’m good looking and all, no need to gawk like that again princess” GD said as he watched Dara standing still and blinking a few more times.

 

“HA HA HA the narcissistic prince has spoken! You and your inflated head” She finally replied as she stuck her tongue out and moved towards the boat adorned with different types of flowers and ribbons. Hopping in and seating at the edge of the cushioned ‘loveseat’, she folded her arms and looked at the other side acting as if GD didn’t exist.

 

GD followed the pouting girl and made his way towards the ride. He grinned as he slowly looked up at the ‘heavens’ and mouthed a little thank you convinced that the universe was indeed siding with him. As he sat on the empty seat beside Dara, the boat slowly began moving.

 

“Isn’t if funny eh princess? We managed to pick the same symbol” GD said breaking the awkward atmosphere between them. He brought the pebble in front of him and smirked as he recalled how his heart was beating fast upon seeing all the pebbles laid out in front of them as they entered the cave.  Upon seeing this specific symbol traced on a pebble, he immediately thought of Dara.

 

Who knew she’d pick the exact same thing right?

 

Dara, on the other hand, blushed as her grip on her pebble tightened. At some point, seeing all the pebbles and their respective carvings laid out in front of her, this one caught her eye and attention immediately.  Deep inside her though, she knew that there was a high probability of entering the tunnel of love with the guy she was currently sitting with upon choosing this pebble. She knew that this symbol was something they both know very well. But then why did she have to pick this symbol despite knowing the consequences?

 

Did I really pick this because I wanted to spend time with him?

 

She shook her head trying to brush off even a single thought of wanting to spend some alone time with the narcissistic prince she has always found annoying.

 

Impossible! It’s more of wanting to spend time with someone she knows! Yes that’s more like it. It does not necessarily have to be GD!!  Besides GD’s way better than a total complete stranger.

 

“Maybe…” A voice disturbed her internal bickering.

 

“Maybe you picked this symbol because of this.” GD whispered as his left hand went on to touch the dangling necklace around her neck.

 

“Was it possible that the princess wants to spend time with this prince?” He continued as he moved his gaze from the necklace to Dara’s astonished face.

 

“In… your... dreams” She managed to declare despite having difficulty breathing as her heart was seriously about to explode with too much going on in her head.

 

“Are you sure?” GD continued on teasing as he brought his pebble beside Dara’s necklace and showed how the butterfly engraving matched her butterfly necklace.

 

 “This seems a bit too important to you. Does that mean I’m THAT important to you as well?” He finished as he gave her a smile which he knows can immediately melt any girls’ heart.

 

At this, Dara looked away slightly pushing GD farther from her. She took in a few gulps before finally having the courage to face her interrogator.

 

“Oh really? Isn’t it the other way around narcissistic prince?” She said as she began digging through her bag for something. This caught GD off guard as he gave her a quizzical look.

 

“Because that shoe appears to be exactly similar to this.” Showing GD the image she has taken earlier with her date with Jaejoong in her camera. GD’s eyes widen upon realizing that his sneakers was caught red handed in this image. His heartbeat quickened as he tried his best to think of a nice comeback to Dara’s allegation.

 

“If I had known, you’re probably stalking me all day long” Dara spat seeing how flustered GD was becoming.

 

“The chances of you and the others going in this amusement park is much too high for us to all be spending time together right now…” She finished proudly as she gave him a smile which meant victory.

 

GD shook his head and sat straight before looking at Dara who was now innocently doing small victory dances with her shoulders.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What if I say yes? What if I tell you that what you said right now is all true?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dara freezed for a moment and looked back at GD who was now showing her a serious yet sincere face she had never seen before.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What if I tell you that I like you?”


Author's Note:

AIGOOOOOOOO I'MMA GO DIE NOW WITH TOO MUCH FLUFF GOING ON RIGHT NOW :"> I mean seriously, i had the chills while I was typing this. 

Again, sorry for a late update :( My laptop decided to die on me and it took quite awhile before it got repaired. I couldn't update on a different computer as the chapter was already halfway done in my laptop and I didn't have it backed up. AIGOOOOO i hope I made it up to you guys through this chapter :"> What do you guys think? UWAAAA

Feel free to leave your comments so that I can feel as if I still have readers XD