Dara, you babo.

Gedunken

 

“You’re kidding me.”  Dara snorted as she gave a small punch on GD’s shoulder.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“No I’m not”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Whatever GD, I won’t fall for that” Dara continued this time hitting him a bit harder than before. She stared at GD’s face hoping to catch a glimpse of anything that will give her an idea that he was just kidding but sadly there was none. This made her heart beat faster and soon everything seemed to vanish.

 

 

“I’m dead serious princess. I like you.” He replied as he took hold of the hand Dara was using to hit him. He held on to it with both his hands and placed it in between them making sure that his gaze was kept locked on Dara’s eyes.

 

Upon realizing that GD was speaking of the truth, Dara’s mouth was left hanging not really knowing what to say next. Her other free hand went on her chest as she tried to tame her now screaming heart.

 

“But why?  Haven’t you always… hated me?” She managed to ask despite the tons of emotions she was now feeling inside of her. At this, GD let go of her hand and brought his gaze back on the pebble he recently took out of his pocket.

 

“That was the exact same question I was battling with before I realized this. Who knew right?” He paused as he looked back at Dara.

 

“Yes I found you annoying at first. I’ve always seen you as a typical helpless troublesome girl who requires a lot of taking care of and attention. Just the way you dress up, it seems as if bringing you on dates that’s not prim and proper will lead to your dissatisfaction.”

 

Dara puffed her cheeks and turned her back on GD as his confession was turning into something more of an insulting declaration. I mean, the question was fairly simple right? There was no need to say such harsh things… It makes me think that he was just fooling me in the first place.

 

Her trail of thoughts was disturbed when she felt something warm holding her shoulders.

 

“Despite all that… I eventually got to know you under different circumstances. I got to see you in a different light. Our occasional bickerings and how you learned to fight back made me realize that maybe you’re not that weak and innocent after all.”

 

“No doubt this sudden confession of mine probably shocked you... This wasn’t planned I swear. I just couldn’t bear it anymore that I’m lagging behind my competitors. I’m just hoping that… you’d give me a chance just as how you gave both of them a chance” GD finished as he turned Dara to face him.

 

“I have.. Jaejoong…” She whispered as tears were slowly forming at the corner of her eyes.

 

“I also have… Taeyang…”

 

“You’re his friend… Jae’s the closest guy I’ve ever known in my life…”

 

“I know, I know… I know I’m up against two ‘amazing’ guys. But I’m willing to do everything for one heck of an amazing girl Dara.” GD finished as he moved his face closer to Dara’s.

 

“Take notice of me princess… Not just as the narcissistic prince but rather as YOUR narcissistic prince”


The distance between them were too small that they can almost sense both their breathing.

 

“I know deep inside Dara that through our afternoon walks with the prince, constant battles with one another as well as the fact that you’re not moving away from me as I move an inch closer… You like me at some point..” He whispered before brushing his lips on Dara’s.

 

Having felt his lips touching hers, Dara didn’t have the strength to push him away or move. All her body parts felt like jelly and just as involuntary as her breathing, she found herself closing her eyes to this little exchange. This was her first kiss despite having a boyfriend back in highschool. She knew that the person that she truly loved as well as the person that truly loved her deserved this place.

 

Does this mean I feel the same for GD?

 

An image of Jaejoong and his countless times of trying to kiss her flashed through her head. She recalled how Jae’s every attempt of kissing her would only lead to her rejection despite proving to her how much he truly loved her.

 

This doesn’t feel right.

 

An image of Taeyang whom she admittedly was the guy she fell in love with at first in college flashed afterwards. She recalled how Taeyang finally advanced to her and officially asked her out. She wanted that to happen right??? That was her dream right?

 

But in the end you gave up your first kiss to a guy whom you swore you hated so much?!

 

At this thought, she felt disgusted with herself. She pushed GD away and immediately clutched her chest as she felt it ache for all the guilt she was feeling right now.

 

She felt sorry for Jaejoong… sorry for Taeyang…  

 

She found herself sobbing hard as she felt that she betrayed a lot of people with this little act of hers. Why did she allow GD to kiss her? Why?! How can she stoop so low to play around with other people’s feelings??

 

Her sobbing was disturbed as she noticed that she was still not alone. She looked up to see GD with his head hanging low. At this sight, her heart felt even more pained. It increased a million fold as she heard him sniff signifying that he was probably crying.

 

“I’m sorry Dara. I’m really sorry. I know you probably hate me. It’s my mistake. Just… take this as something that never happened…” He whispered with a shaky voice.

 

Soon, brighter lights enveloped them and their boat came to a halt.

 

“I hope you lovely couples got to enjoy the tunnel of love!” A high pitched voice boomed as a girl dressed up as an angel was signaling them to move out of the boat.

 

GD immediately stood up and fled leaving Dara behind. Dumbfounded and confused.

 

Now she felt sorry for GD... really sorry...

 

Dara, you babo.

 


Author's notes:

Hmmmm they finally shared their first kiss. But then it was a bitter one. Who can blame her right? She was after all confused ToT But I love GD for having the courage to admit everything to her... was it right though? Hmmm, I wonder what's gonna happen next ToT