Chapter 21 - He let her go

Never Let You Go

 

No One POV

“Let’s go.” Minho gestured to the three girls as he spotted Onew and JongHyun walking to Taeyeon and Seohyun.

“They will be okay, right?” Yuri asked as she hid behind Minho.

“Yes, Onew and JongHyun won’t do anything to them. Don’t worry.” Minho assured Yuri as the four of them entered his car.

“There. You guys are safe. The windows are tinted so they won’t be able to see you. But still, try to stay low. In case they see me.” Minho reminded Jessica and Tiffany as he sped off.

“Thank you.” Jessica mumbled as she sank into the seat, trying to stay as low as possible.

 

“I don’t know.” Taeyeon blurted out. She stared back defiantly at JongHyun.

“As I said, I don’t believe you.” JongHyun repeated.

“If you don’t believe me, why are you asking me? I can say anything and you still won’t believe me.” Taeyeon retorted. JongHyun flinched from her tone.

“No one talks to Kim JongHyun in this tone.” JongHyun growled.

“Excuse me? You are wasting my time here. Time is really precious to me. It is probably not to you, but every second of my life counts and I hate to waste it on people like you.” Taeyeon growled back.

“Let her go.” Onew whispered under his breath.

“Are you crazy? She knows where the two of them are. And look at her friend there, she is obviously lying about her fever.” JongHyun spat out at Onew.

“I said let her go.” Onew repeated, his voice dangerous. Taeyeon flinched at his tone, but something made her keep looking at him.

“You are crazy. If you are backing out, go away.” JongHyun sighed and swatted him away.

“You are the crazy one.” Onew grabbed JongHyun from the back and pushed him to the side, such that JongHyun ended up falling on the curb.

“I’m sorry. You can go now.” Onew said quietly to Taeyeon.

“Thank you.” Taeyeon smiled a genuine smile, while looking into his eyes.

“No problem. Go.” Onew grinned back. Waving goodbye to each other, Taeyeon sped off.

“Woah, unnie.” Seohyun gasped as the car flew forward.

“Easy on the accelerator.” Seohyun reminded Taeyeon as she grabbed onto the seatbelt.

“I’m sorry. This car… is not like the car I used to drive.” Taeyeon blushed as she sped out of the campus.

“Omo… Why is my heart beating so fast?” Taeyeon thought as she drove on. Stealing a glance at the rear mirror, she saw that she was smiling like an idiot.

“Unnie, what’s wrong with you? Did you put makeup? I told you not to! Makeup is bad for your skin..” Seohyun rambled on and on, but Taeyeon couldn’t hear her.

“Omo you babo. Why are you smiling like this? Kim Taeyeon, calm down!” Taeyeon thought in her mind.

“Aniya, Seohyun ah. I didn’t put makeup. I’m just… hot.” Taeyeon mumbled a lame excuse. Seohyun just frowned at Taeyeon, but Taeyeon just didn’t care. She was busy trying to figure out her heart.

 

“Onew! Are you crazy?” JongHyun whined as he stood up, brushing his shirt.

“No.” Onew replied coldly.

“You just had to let them go. I’m telling you, they know where both of them are.” JongHyun frowned as he pulled out his car keys.

“I know that too.” Onew replied as he snatched JongHyun’s car keys.

“Hey! What are you doing now?” JongHyun whined again, trying to get his car keys back. However, it was already safely in Onew’s pocket.

“Let them go.” Onew warned, before turning back to his own car.

“Chingu, have you gotten there safely? Don’t worry, you can complete what you have to do without any disruptions. JongHyun can’t stop you. Even if he walks, you would be long gone when he reaches.” Onew thought in his head as he jumped swiftly into his open top convertible, earning the cheers of the fangirls surrounding his car. Throwing JongHyun’s key swiftly to one of the fangirls, Onew drove off. JongHyun would have a hard time taking back his key, and that would mean that Taeyeon and Seohyun would be safe.

 

“Taeyeon! Seohyun!” Jessica called as both of them pulled into the parking lot beside Minho’s car.

“What took you so long? We thought something happened.” Tiffany jumped forward, worry evident in her face.

“Nothing much happened. We just got stopped by JongHyun and Onew. Onew let us go.” Taeyeon shrugged.

“That’s rare.” Minho mused as he played with Yuri’s hair.

“Did you by any chance catch his attention?” Minho asked jokingly. He knew Taeyeon would never be able to catch Onew’s attention. Well, Onew is a playboy just like JongHyun. If he found it impossible that JongHyun would fall in love with Jessica, it is even more unlikely Kim Taeyeon caught Onew’s attention.

“Well, I did not.” Taeyeon huffed as she attempted to smack Minho. Yuri sat at the side giggling as Taeyeon’s petite figure was met by Minho’s giant height.

“Pfft.” Taeyeon stomped her feet as she retreated, passing the car keys to Tiffany at the same time.

“Let’s go Hyunnie.” Taeyeon frowned, giving one last glare to Minho. Seohyun nodded and linking arms with Taeyeon, they left the park.

“Thanks!” Jessica called out, waving goodbye to them.

“So… Mr Know-It-All, what do we do now? We can’t avoid them forever.” Tiffany raised her eyebrow at Minho.

“Well, I got you out of school. Stage 1 is completed. So now, we have to find a way to calm JongHyun down. We don’t need to calm Onew down, since well, someone just got his attention. So, you guys have to skip school for a day, and I will try to talk to JongHyun along with Key and Taeminnie. It will be easy. Don’t worry.” Minho shrugged. Grasping Yuri’s hands tightly, he led her to his car.

“Annyeong.” Minho and Yuri waved as they sped off, leaving Tiffany and Jessica behind.

“Let’s go. We have to leave before JongHyun catches up.” Jessica gestured to the car as both of them climbed in.

“Last stage. Break up with JongHyun.” Jessica read out from her phone.

“From Yuri.” She added after she saw Tiffany’s curious gaze on her.

“Sounds easy.” She grumbled as she threw her phone to the backseat.

“It is.” Tiffany snickered as she accelerated and entered the highway.

 

“Damnit.” Onew cursed as he threw his phone on his bed. Out of all the female contacts he had, none of them belonged to his newly found Chingu.

“Chingu… How am I supposed to contact you?” Onew groaned as he fell flat on his bed.

“Oh yeah, I don’t even know her name. How am I supposed to find her number? Think Onew, think. The name tag was right in front of you. You saw it! Think!” Onew growled as he tried to refresh his memory.

“Kim… Kim… Kim…” Onew murmured as he tried his best to recall Taeyeon’s name. The memory was blurry, but Onew knew that he needed to remember.

“Ahh! Jajangna!” Onew frowned as he rolled on his back. This is getting frustrating and annoying.

 

 

_____________________________________