Chapter 22 - Great Escape?

Never Let You Go

 

No One POV

“So how do you exactly plan to break up with him?” Tiffany asked casually, scrutinizing her nail art. After nodding to herself in satisfaction, she turned to Jessica.

“Jung Sica!” Tiffany whined as she pushed Jessica.

“What?” Jessica growled as she straightened herself and closed her eyes again.

“Stop sleeping! Tell me your plans!” Tiffany whined again.

“I don’t know!” Jessica groaned.

“I thought of it for a damn long time and still, nothing comes up.” Jessica frowned, turning on the TV and flipping the channels to find something nice.

“Ah, here. Love Rain. It is a really good drama. Good thing they are airing it here now.” Jessica smiled and turned the volume louder.

“Who is this pretty woman? Looks familiar.” Tiffany observed as she took sudden interest in the drama.

“Don’t you remember her? She’s Yoona, Taecyeon’s girlfriend.” Jessica shrugged casually.

“Oh god. Are you serious? That Im Yoona?” Tiffany gasped in shock. She knew Yoona left with Taecyeon to Korea a few years ago, but she couldn’t belive that Yoona would appear right in front of her again, in a TV!

“She’s good.” Tiffany smiled as Jessica giggled at her.

“See? That’s why Korean dramas are good! You should watch the one Taecyeon is in. Dream High and Cinderella Stepsister!” Jessica clapped her hands in delight.

“No way, Taecyeon too?” Tiffany gasped again in shock.

“Surprising huh? That goofy nerdish geeky boy. Huh, you should see him now. Handsome, tall, muscular.” Jessica scoffed and propping her legs up on the coffee table, she went back to her thinking mode again.

“So, Tiff, any ideas?” Jessica groaned.

“Nope. You have one more day to think of it. I’m not helping you. And it’s all your fault that I can’t meet up with Junsu.” Tiffany huffed and skipped to the window.

“One more day… Maybe Junsu can drop by here and …. Hold on. Is that JongHyun?” Tiffany yelled as she pointed to a car at the sidewalk.

“. He is looking right at me now!” Tiffany shrieked as she ran away, jumping on the couch.

“Are you serious? Is he like some stalker?” Jessica slurred. Tiffany didn’t reply her but just pulled her to the window.

“There. The black car. Careful now.” Tiffany warned. Jessica just rolled her eyes and stepped in front of the window, trying to spot the car.

“Are you crazy?” Tiffany whispered harshly as she pulled Jessica back again.

“Yeah yeah. The windows are tinted. He can’t see us.” Jessica rolled her eyes again and stood in front of the window. A few seconds later, a gasp escaped .

“No way.” Jessica stammered as she retreated from the window.

“Call Yuri. Now.” Jessica ordered as Tiffany fumbled with her phone.

“I will lock the doors.” Jessica added in as she sprinted to the door. Pulling out a extremely large lock from the cupboards, she locked the handle of the door securely in place. For the finishing touch, she tried to forcefully pull the door open. Perfect.

“Yes yes Yuri. It’s me Tiffany. Is Minho with you now? …… Yes…. Yes…. Well, JongHyun is right outside our house now. He is staring right into our house.” Tiffany rambled on and on. Jessica just stared blankly at the open windows, with the curtains flying around in the wind.

“Damnit Tiffany.” Jessica cursed as she dived down when she saw that she was in JongHyun’s line of vision. Hanging up the phone, Tiffany dived down too.

“What?” Tiffany asked urgently.

“Stay low.” Jessica advised, her heart beating erratically.

“What did Yuri say?” Jessica whispered.

“She said Minho will lure JongHyun away from our house and we have to leave. We have 45 minutes to do so and after that, we have to leave no matter what. And we have to pretend that we are still at home, so leave a pair of shoes outside, that window open and the lights on. Yuri will pick us up when JongHyun leaves.” Tiffany informed.

“Sure. Let’s go now. Just crawl away to the rooms. But I think I left my windows open.” Jessica bit her lip.

“Just wrap a towel over your body and pretend to be changing. Then, close the curtains tightly.” Tiffany mumbled and rolled over to her room.

 

Within 30 minutes, we were all packed up. Our bags, clothes, shoes and school related items. The only things we left behind were the furniture and some decorations.

“Hey wait. Let me unlock the door.” Jessica jumped up and sprinted to the door.

“Tiff, check if JongHyun’s there.” Jessica asked, as her hand rested on the key of the lock.

“He’s not… But his car is… That means… JESS!” Tiffany yelled as she ran to the door, bumping into Jessica.

“Don’t open it. Look at the peephole.” Tiffany urged. Jessica frowned once, before turning to look outside.

“There’s no one.” Jessica sighed.

“But still… Let’s wait till Yuri calls us. It would be safer right? It doesn’t take much time to unlock that door.” Tiffany responded, looking at the lock in disgust.

“We’re completely locked in.” Tiffany added in, giggling to herself as she flopped her body onto the couch.

“Yeah right. I’m just gonna stand here so I can open the door whenever Yuri calls.” Jessica rolled her eyes at her best friend’s joke.

“Not when Yuri calls. When I say you open it.” Tiffany corrected her.

“It could be Yuri telling us that JongHyun aint budging.” Tiffany explained as she continued to watch Love Rain.

“Dang. Why can’t I have your brains.” Jessica whined as she leaned onto the cupboard, anxiously waiting for Tiffany’s phone to start sounding. The longer she waited, the more insecure she felt. Her eyelid then started twitching. She knew enough of those superstitions to know what it meant. Something bad was going to happen. Giving a slight glance to the peephole and the slowly jiggling doorknob, she walked backwards a few steps, before collapsing in fright. She shot a look to her best friend, only to find Tiffany completely absorbed in the drama to pay attention to their safety.

“It’s better for her not to know. It could be just me.” Jessica told herself. Blinking her eyes twice, she looked at the doorknob. It had stopped jiggling.

“It was most likely my imagination.” Jessica mentally scolded herself.

“Let’s just ignore my eyelid.” Jessica decided, before getting back to her previous position, as a nagging feeling continued tugging at her heart.

 

 

______________________________________

Hello~ I decided to post all of the chapters I have written today. Since I am feeling bored, I will try to write out the rest of the story, even though it is kinda impossible! Enjoy! xD