First Meeting Part 1

We REALLY Got Married

 

A few days after the morning call, Sunghan called you to get ready for filming. After getting ready, Sunghan fetched you from the salon. You’re wearing a long, sleeveless, light blue and white striped dress. Then, Sunghan drove you to your filming location which is a coffee shop a.k.a. first meeting with your ‘husband’ and then he left.

“Call me when you finished filming.”

“Okay.” You waved to him and then his car disappeared in the sea of vehicles.

-

You stepped into the coffee shop. There’s a group of people on the right and you assumed that they’re the WRGM staff by looking at their MBC staff shirt. You bowed to them politely and greet them one by one. Just then, someone called your name out loud. “Yang Saehee-ssi!!”

“Yes?” You turned around to see who it is. You saw a woman in her early 30’s with curly short hair.

“I’m Shim PD’s assistant, just call me Na-in unni. Your ‘husband’ haven’t arrive yet but we’re going to film you first so it looks real when you saw who your husband is.” Na-in unni explained the situation to you with a warm smile. You just give her a nod in understanding.

She patted your back to calm you down, “Don’t be nervous. Just act normal, okay?”

“Okay.” You smiled.

“Do you know that you’re getting married for real? Just for this show?” Na-in unni asked.

“I know….,” You looked down. *I don’t want to get married with someone I don’t know.*

“Don’t be sad, you’re still not getting married as soon as you meet your husband. Instead, we give both of you 3 months to know each other better. After those 3 months, both of you will decide whether to get married for real and continue filming or to end this show and just be friends.” Na-in unni lightly squeezed your shoulder.

You face lighted up a bit. “Really? Why didn’t you tell Sunghan oppa about this?” *Yes! I’m sure I’ll stop with this stupid get married show!*

“Eh? I thought your manager told you that. We’ve talked about this in the meeting a few days ago.” Na-in unni frowned.

*Crappy management strikes again.* You rolled your eyes on that thought. “Never mind, unni. At least I know it now.”

“Okay then. Well, go sit at that table and wait for your husband to arrive, okay? Remember to act natural. Once you sit down, filming will start. Here, clip this microphone on your dress.” Na-in unni pointed to that table far in the right corner of the coffee shop while handling you the microphone.

“Okay, unni.” You give her a smile and walk towards that table. You clipped the microphone on your dress and sit down. A waiter asks for your order and you ordered a hot caramel chocolate. Since you’re bored, you looked around the coffee shop. There’s only a few foreign customer in the coffee shop since it’s already late afternoon. The baristas are busy gossiping behind the counter. The shop was dim-lighted and Yiruma’s music is being played.

Just then, you realized that most of the staff had disappeared. *Probably hiding somewhere monitoring.*

The waiter is back with your hot caramel chocolate. You took a sip and sit back, staring blankly at your shoes. But you didn’t know that someone is watching each and every movement of yours.