Baekhyun ☼ You've Fallen For Me

In The Summer ☼

"The beginning started coincidentally for us.
at first, I’d never knew this would be love even in my dream, but it is.
your heart keeps going thump thump
you keep smiling at me and starting to love me without even realizing it."

Jung Yonghwa - You've Fallen For Me

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If there were one thing about Byun Baekhyun that I was positive about, it'd be this: 

I don't like him. 

I don't hate him to the point that I want to punch him in the face (that's what Kai is for). It's just that I don't have romantic feelings for him. To me, he was just a very good and understanding friend. I could tell that Baekhyun's feelings for me were completely different though. He would often look at me with this kind of gaze that could make any girl collapse from a heart attack, but I try to avoid it as much as possible. Honestly, I'm afraid of falling in love. I don't want to have a relationship where it doesn't work out, and Baekhyun and I couldn't even be friends anymore. So I try, I try hard to reject his advances towards me, even though, deep inside...

I'm slowly falling for him. 

"I wonder where he is..." I murmured to myself. 

Idiot Kai was making me deliver Baekhyun his fixed skateboard, which he broke because he had a fierce skateboarding competition with Sehun. I didn't quite understand why Kai didn't give it to Baekhyun himself. That lazy . I smiled immediately when I saw him. Baekhyun was sitting alone on the hill that overlooked the beach. For some reason, he was extremely silent, as if he was deep in thought. 

"Baekhyun!" I called his name. 

"Oh. Hi Minae." He turned around and gave me his signature eye smile. 

I immediately froze when I saw what Baekhyun was wearing: a short-sleeved, checkered dress shirt, blue jeans, and a pair of sneakers. It would've been fine...if his shirt buttons weren't opened to the point that I could see his chest. I couldn't let him see my reaction though. I continued smiling as I went over to him and handed him his skateboard. 

"Thank you." He said as he took it from me.

"No problem. That's what friends are for, right?" I plopped down in front of him. 

"Yeah. Friends..." Baekhyun was smiling, but it had a certain feeling of sadness to it. 

Ignoring his expression, I scooted away from him before lying down horizontally in the grass, breathing in the salty, but calming sea air. I closed my eyes, tucking my hands behind my head as a makeshift pillow. It felt nice to let the gentle breeze ruffle my dark blue sundress. Usually, Baekhyun would chat with me while I was relaxing, but today, he was extremely quiet. Curiously, I opened one eye to be greeted by a different side of him; he showed an expression that wasn't familiar to me...

He looked sad, almost in pain actually. Yet....he was looking at me with a lot of love. I swore I could feel my heart stop for a minute. Sighing, Baekhyun muttered,

"Why don't you like me back, Minae?" 

I pretended to not hear him, quickly closing my eyes and turning my head. I knew he could hear, but I wasn't sure how to answer his question. I don't think "I'm scared" would be a very good response. So it was just the two of us, on a hill together in complete silence. I'm getting more worried than before. I'm starting to think that my irrational fear will break us apart faster than a broken relationship. Dear God...what should I do? 

"Minae...it's getting cold. I think I'm going to go back to the cottage." Baekhyun told me as he stood up.

"Oh, uh, okay. I want to stay here for a while, so you go first." I opened my eyes and gave him a weak smile. 

"Don't stay out too long, okay? You might get sick."

"Alright." 

Why is he still so kind to me? Baekhyun is such a great guy, and I'm sure he'd make the perfect boyfriend, but I honestly think that I don't deserve someone as amazing as him. He should find a girl who's kind and not a spoiled heiress. She would take care of him much better than me...

I shook away those thoughts. Why am I purposely hurting myself anyway? Stupid Minae. Get a hold of yourself...

You're better than this. 

~☼~ 

Beep beep!

From: Idiot Kai 

To: Minae

Hey~ I, Kim Jongin, am formally inviting you to a dinner at our cottage. I sense a storm brewing, and I don't think you'd want to be alone, right? :) 

...

To: Idiot Kai 

From: Minae 

I, Heo Minae, formally accept your invitation. xD I'll go over in a few minutes. 

...

I'm a pretty fearless person. I'm afraid of almost nothing, in terms of physical objects.

However, believe it or not, I have an extremely stupid fear of thunderstorms. Something about it just makes me freeze in place and have a mental breakdown. Luckily, my island doesn't have a lot of storms, but that doesn't mean it won't happen. Unfortunately, tonight is one of the nights were it does happen. The boys had graciously let me stay at their cottage for the night. I'm not sure where I'd sleep though. Maybe in the living room? I changed out of my sundress into a plain black t-shirt and a pair of fluffy, blue pajama pants. Grabbing my cup and toothbrush, I left my house to walk over to their cottage. I stared up at the sky and shivered at the sight of the dark, gray clouds. When I got there, I knocked gently on the wooden door. It opened immediately and a grinning Kai greeted me,

"Well, don't you look cute tonight?" 

"Whatever, Jongin. Just let me in." 

"It's Kai! Kai!

I knew he hated it when people called him by his real name. Rolling my eyes, I shoved past him and walked into their living room. My hopes of sleeping there were crushed. It was too tiny, and the only "sofa" they had was a long, wooden bench. Are you kidding me?! Sehun poked his head from the kitchen and said, 

"Oh! You're here!" 

Sehun knew how to cook? I did not know that until now. He really didn't seem like the cooking type. He came out of the kitchen, and I snickered slightly at the sight of him in a pink apron. 

"Just sit and relax! Dinner's almost done." He smiled before going back into the kitchen. 

Kai leaned down to my ear and muttered, 

"He's our mom for the night." 

I couldn't help but giggle at Kai's comment. He can be annoying sometimes, but he's definitely a whole load of funny. Just then, Baekhyun arrived at the living room, and his face seemed to darken from the sight of me joking around with Kai. Clearing his throat, he stuttered,

"I-I'm going to help Sehun." 

Baekhyun scurried into the kitchen without another word. Kai plopped down next to me and asked,

"What the hell is wrong with him? He's been acting strange lately." 

"I think I know why, but I prefer not to speak about it." I answered, staring at my lap absentmindedly. 

"Whatever floats your boat." Kai shrugged. 

"Dinner's ready!" Sehun exclaimed. 

We both turned our heads at the same time as Sehun put down a huge bowl of dolsot bibimbap. Where the heck did he get the stone pot anyway? I was immediately entranced by the amazing smell of our dinner and automatically drifted over to the dinner table. I took a seat in one of the chairs and said a quick "thank you" when Sehun placed a bowl and a pair of chopsticks in front of me. Kai settled in the chair across from mines, while Sehun took a seat next to him. There was only one chair left, and Baekhyun had no choice but to sit next to me. Were Sehun and Kai doing this on purpose?! Without a single exchange of words, we all dug into the bibimbap and dumped what seemed like mountains of it into our bowls. Baekhyun and I, who were usually chatty with each other, were silent. After dinner was finished, Sehun suggested that we host our own noraebang. We set up the system and did rock, paper, scissors to see who would go first. 

I was the unlucky one. 

"Which song are you going to sing?" Sehun asked. 

"I-I'm not sure." I muttered, scrolling through the endless list of songs. 

"I'm getting impatient! Just sing this song!" Kai grabbed the remote on my hand and pressed start. 

The song was IU's "You and I". Stupid Kai! I don't have half of her singing abilities! Why the hell did he choose that song? I picked up the microphone and began singing,

"The whispered secrets as I look at the clock 

The sincere story in my heart 

It's okay if I'm hurt now 

The more I am pushed, the better 

Please call out my name..."

"Heo Minae!" Kai and Sehun chanted in unison. 

I took a deep breath and started singing the chorus, 

"I'm afraid my heart will be revealed in between my hands 

My heart is overwhelmed, it's sad 

Please wait a bit more and wait for me

You and I, we can't be together right now 

I want to push on the clock even more but

In the future, which you will be in

Please call out my name..."

 

I could feel Baekhyun's intense stare even though I wasn't looking at him. Perhaps I was being unreasonable, but he was hindering my already average singing abilities. After a few minutes of singing, the song ended and I let out a sigh of relief. Sehun and Kai were clapping wildly while shouting "awesome" and other encouraging phrases. I went to take a seat between Kai and Baekhyun. 

"Good voice, but not really idol girl material." Kai smirked. 

I slapped his arm in reply. He always had something snarky to say about me. Next to sing was Baekhyun. He got up, grabbed the remote, and immediately chose a song. It was CNBLUE's "Hey You". Interesting choice of song. Baekhyun held the microphone tightly in his hand and sang, 

"Crazily, alone - crazily, only you

If loving you was wrong

Then no, no, this really isn't it 

Dudu durudu Love again."

Baekhyun was surprisingly talented at singing too! I thought he'd only be a skilled skateboarder. The things I learn the more I spend time with them. I swayed along as he was singing. Kai and Sehun were chanting again,

"Byun Baekhyun!" 

The chorus came along,

"Goodbye darling hey you oh my darling hey you 

I love you to death - please come back to me

Because I love you, because only you know 

One more time, love forever."

When Baekhyun was done, he returned to his seat next to me. Kai and Sehun went together and began rapping a song called "Two Moons" by EXO-K. I guess they weren't that big on singing. They were having the time of their life, but I was too busy throwing random glances at Baekhyun. Was he mad at me? Were we not friends anymore? After the two idiots were done being rappers, they collapsed onto the bench. Sehun whined,

"I'm tired! Let's sleep!" 

"Good idea." Kai agreed. 

"Wait...who will I sleep with?" I spoke up.

"Not me. I don't like sharing my room." Sehun responded before bolting upstairs. 

"You can share with me, but you never know what will happen at night." Kai grinned. 

Two down... that means... 

"Baekhyun?" I said, looking at him with hopeful eyes. 

"That's fine with me." He replied in a cool manner. 

I really can't stand this anymore. 

~☼~

Baekhyun led me to his room, which was much smaller than mines. He pointed to a closed door and said,

"There's the bathroom. I'll let you wash up first." 

I nodded before opening the door and entering. Considering the fact that we were sharing a room, I tried not to take too long. 

...

When I got out, Baekhyun was already asleep. I carefully approached the bed and admired his sleeping figure. How could someone still be handsome even though he's sleeping? Just then, a bright light flashed and there was a loud booming sound. How could I have forgot? 

The damned thunderstorms. 

Instinctively, I let out a yelp and crouched down, burying my face in my hands. I could feel tears begin to form in my eyes. My brain kept repeating the words "help me, help me". Who would be there for me anyway? I gasped when I felt a pair of warm hands pull me up and guide me towards the only bed in the whole room. I must've woken Baekhyun up. He laid me down on the bed and climbed in right after me. I would normally be uncomfortable by this, but I'd rather be with someone than alone. Baekhyun pulled me closer to him so that my head was resting comfortably against his broad chest. Another flash and boom came by. I clutched onto his white t-shirt and whispered,

"I'm so scared."

"It's okay, Minae. I'm here for you." He muttered reassuringly. 

Deep in my heart, I wished he'd be there for me always...

~☼~

In the comfort of his arms, I ended up drifting off to sleep. The next morning, I could hear the sounds of birds chirping and I could see the bright sunlight streaming into the room. My eyes fluttered open, and my heart almost popped out at the sight of Baekhyun's face being a few inches way from me. I slowly removed his arms and sat up. Baekhyun was obviously a very light sleeper; he immediately started stretching his arms and scrunching up his face. I sat there, watching him wake up. When his eyes opened, I smiled gently and said,

"Good morning."

"Good morning, Minae." Baekhyun replied as he sat up with a grunt. 

He gazed at me for a few seconds before saying,

"You still haven't answered my question." 

"Huh?"

"Why don't you like me back, Minae?" Baekhyun repeated.

"How should I say this... I'm afraid our friendship will fall apart if we break up. I'm afraid that I'll end up brokenhearted. I'm afraid that I, an ex-heiress who has gone through many things, will break down. Basically, I'm afraid of many things." I confessed with a small sigh. 

Pulling me into a tight hug, he whispered,

"I'll promise you, Minae. I promise that we'll never break up. I promise that I will take care of you. I promise that I will protect you from anything that tries to harm you. If I had to, I'll even buy the whole Earth for you. I'll do anything for you. You don't know how much you mean to me."

"I-I think I know now, Baekhyun." I said, pulling away from him. 

He stared at me, waiting for me to continue. 

"I love you, Byun Baekhyun. I really, really want to be your girlfriend." I said with a bright smile. 

"Thank you so much, Minae. Thank you for accepting me." 

Baekhyun leaned in and kissed me gently. As cliché as it sounds, I swore I saw sparks fly. I had broken my own promise to myself...

I had fallen for him. 

Author's Note:

Wahhhhhh. I loved writing this chapter because Baekhyun. XD That's a legit reason. Anyway, don't forget to comment and/or subscribe! I hope you enjoyed reading this ending, and Sehun's chapter is coming out tomorrow~ :) Picture time! 

(I decided to use some newer pics that are not from Vogue magazine because poor Baekhyun only had one solo shot, which I already used as the main image. D:) 

(This scene happened at night, but I'm sure you can all guess which one it is~ ;D) 

(This one's also pretty obvious! xD) 

Annnddd, the main image of this chapter is also a scene. Can you guess which one it is? ;)