Sherlock

Key's Lullaby.

 

 

"Kibum! Where the hell have you been?! Do you have any idea how worried I was!" Kibum looked down to his feet as he kicked out his shoes and listened to Jonghyun yelling at him.

"I am sorry." he said, and he felt Minho put his arm around him.

"Don't be mad, Jonghyun. I already explained to him that he can't go out like that anymore."

"Don't be mad? He could've got lost! Or worse!" Minho gave Jonghyun a warning look and helped Kibum out of his jacket. 

"Hey, those are my clothes! And oh my god your hair! Key, what were you thinking?!"

"Stop yelling! You are hurting my head! And my name is Kibum, not Key!" tears appeared in Kibum's eyes and he pushed Jonghyun away as he ran to the bedroom where he crashed down on his bed.

"K-Kibum?" Taemin looked up from his magazine and watched his friend burying his face in his pillow, shoulders shaking, sobs coming from his mouth. Taemin carefully slipped out of his bed and walked to Kibum's side, sitting down next to him and placing a hand on his back.

"Kibum, what happened?"

"H-he yelled at me." Kibum's voice was muted by the pillow and it took Taemin a while to understand what he was saying. When he did, he started to caress Kibum's hair.

"Who did?" he asked, his voice sounding caring and gentle. 

"I don't want to talk about it." Taemin nodded and stood straight. He noticed the fact that Kibum was wearing clothes that belonged to Jonghyun's. Maybe that was what the yelling was about. Kibum sat up at the feeling of Taemin's hand leaving his back. 

"D-don't go!" he cried. It was not until then that Taemin noticed the drastic change. 

"Kibum hyung! Your hair!" He reached out to touch Kibum's short, black hair. Kibum half smiled.

"I know… You don't like it do you?" Taemin shook his head. 

"N-no I do! It's just… different… That's all. I like it! You look like Minho hyung."

"Minho had his hair like this?" Kibum asked, running his fingers through his hair. Taemin nodded.

"Yeah! When we did the hello musi-" as soon as he realized what he was about to say he started to cough really loud, patting his chest while doing so.

"Taemin! Are you alright?" Kibum looked at his friend with big eyes and patted his back carefully. When Taemin calmed down a little he smiled and nodded.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I nearly chocked on my own breath I guess." He joked. Kibum smiled a little.

"But.. You were saying something?" Taemin frowned and looked confused.

"I was? Oh… I can't remember. I guess it wasn't important." Kibum wanted to say something to help him remember but Taemin jumped up. He helped Kibum stand up and walked him to the closet room, opening the closet that belonged to Kibum.

"I see you're wearing Jonghyun's clothes and well, I figured I'd show you your own." Taemin pointed at the closet that was filled with loads of pink and shiny fabrics. Kibum gasped in horror.

"These belong to me?! That's horrible! What kind of freak would wear stuff like this? I'm not a girl for Christ's sake!" Taemin tried hard not to laugh as he searched the clothes for something more wearable for his friend. 

 

"Kibum-ah?" Kibum turned around when he heard a familiar voice call him from behind. It was the voice that sang him to sleep so gently. The voice he heard yelling at him just a few minutes ago.

"Yes Jonghyun?" he replied calmly. 

"I… Can you come with me for a minute?" Kibum looked back at Taemin, who was nodding. He sighed and followed Jonghyun into the bedroom where they sat down on the bed. 

"What is it?" Kibum asked.

"I… Wanted to apologize. I shouldn't have yelled at you."

"It's alright." Kibum lied. Jonghyun shook his head and grabbed Kibum's hand.

"No it's not. I can't yell at you, like you said, it hurts your head. We can't have you lose more of your memories… But going out like that… Something big could have made you remember something and that could go wrong. We need to slowly tell you about the time you can't remember."

"I know, I know…. I just can't stay here all my life until I remember everything again."

"I know," Jonghyun said, Kibum's hand with his thumb. "That's why I'm taking you out today. When you're with me, I know you'll be safe. That's all I want. I want you to be happy and safe."

"You're… really taking me out? After what I did today?" Kibum asked with hopeful eyes. Jonghyun nodded and smiled. His smile got even bigger when Kibum wrapped his arms around the older boy and hugged him. They remained sitting like that for a while until Taemin knocked on the door with a decent looking outfit in his hands. 

"Guys… Will you join us for dinner?" he asked, putting the clothes next to Kibum, who bowed a little.

"No, you can have our food. We'll be having dinner elsewhere. Thanks Taemin!" Taemin smiled and made his way to the kitchen where Minho and Onew were struggling to make a meal. 

 

"Is there anywhere you'd like to go?" Jonghyun asked when Kibum came walking out of the bedroom, dressed in his own clothes. 

"I'd like to go buy some new clothes if that's alright with you… The ones Taemin pointed out as mine look like girl's clothes and I am not wearing that. Ever." Jonghyun's laughter filled the room.

"That explains why you were wearing my clothes!" he smiled. Kibum blushed and nodded. "Alright," Jonghyun gave in. "Let's go buy you some manly clothes. We can eat after that. Here, wear this." He handed the younger boy a scarf, a beanie and sunglasses. Kibum frowned and took them, watching Jonghyun put on a beanie. 

"Why? It's not even cold and the sun isn't shining too." Jonghyun bit his lip and tried to think of something when Taemin walked into the living room with sunglasses on.

"It's fashion! You don't want to be called names, do you?" Jonghyun sighed relieved and smiled thankfully at Taemin, who smiled back. Kibum shook his head and quickly put on the scarf. 

 

"Jonghyun, did I really wear those clothes Taemin showed me earlier?" Kibum asked Jonghyun, who was waiting outside the fitting room. Jonghyun looked around nervously as his friend said their names out loud like that, and he was relieved to see no one was there to notice. 

"Why don't you call me one of those cute pet names you came up with? And yeah, you did. You actually used to really like unique clothes." Kibum peeked from behind the curtain that closed off the fitting room. 

"Really?" he asked.

"Yes, pink is your favorite color."

"No, I mean, do you really want me to call you by those names again? Even though Minho will laugh at us?"

"Don't worry, bummie. You can glare very well. Try to use it on Minho to make him shut up. It'll work." Kibum giggled and turned back to fit on another plain shirt. At the end of the shopping day he found twelve shirts, three blouses, two sweaters and a couple of jeans. He was more than satisfied when he sat down on a bench from where he could watch the big fountain that was located in the center of the city. He sighed and looked at the children happily playing in the water.

"What do you feel like eating for dinner?" Jonghyun asked. He knew that his friend liked expensive restaurants and multicultural food, but he wasn't sure if he was still like that.

"Can we just get some street food and enjoy the view? I want to enjoy this moment with you." Jonghyun nearly choked on his own breath and looked at Kibum with big eyes. He had to get used to Kibum acting all boyfriend-like with him. 

"S-sure! I'll go see what I can get us, hold on."

"Thanks sunshine." Kibum smiled. Jonghyun grinned sheepishly and walked away from the bench.

 

"E-excuse me… Are you Key?" a young girl asked nervously. Kibum looked up from his cellphone and smiled, shaking his head. Then he remembered that it was his stupid nickname and he opened his mouth to tell her but then he thought about it. Was she a friend of his? She knew his nickname… But if she was his friend, why would she ask him if he was Key? It wasn't logic. 

"Why are you asking?" Kibum replied skeptically. The girl gasped at the sound of his voice.

"Ah, Key Oppa! I'm your fan! Please, wish me good luck on my exams!" Kibum's eyes widened and then he frowned. Fan? What was she talking about?

"What do you mean you're my fan?" he asked, confused.

"I… I'm your fan Oppa! I wrote you letters… Did you get them?"

 

"Oh my god is that Key?!"

"Key! Key Oppa!"

"Omo, he changed his hair!"

"I wonder if the other SHINee oppa's did too!"

"Oppa why are you alone?"

"Key Oppa I love you so much!"

"Oppa, Sherlock was amazing!"

 

More and more girls started to gather around Kibum and he quickly got up off the bench, helplessly looking for Jonghyun. When he found him he saw Jonghyun staring at him with wide eyes before he dropped the two bags of food he was holding. He quickly ran towards his friend and pushed through the crowd of people surrounding him. He wrapped his arms around Kibum and quickly made his way through the crowd again.

"I'm sorry, please leave us alone." Jonghyun said, bowing a little before taking Kibum's hand and running with him, back into the town, all the way to where Jonghyun had parked his car. When they arrived there, three girls got up from the ground and pointed at them.

 

"It's him! It's Jonghyun Oppa! I told you it was his car!"

"Oppa! Did you have fun in town today."

 

Jonghyun pushed Kibum onto the passenger seat of his car and closed the door before answering the girls. He bowed politely and smiled. Kibum watched the conversation from inside the car.

"I am sorry, but I really have to go. Thanks for supporting SHINee!" Jonghyun said quickly before he got into his car and drove off, back to their dorm. Kibum was still in shock from what had happened, and it wasn't until they arrived home that he spoke. He slammed the door close, kicked off his shoes, dropped the bags with his new clothes in the hallway and made Jonghyun walk with him to the living room, where the others were playing a game of fifa. 

 

"I want you to answer my questions, and don't lie or I will go out and find out for myself." Kibum said. Taemin looked up. It had been a while since Kibum had used his 'Umma' voice. It also got the attention of the other two, and they looked from Jonghyun to Kibum and back to Jonghyun. 

 

"Why did all those girls know my nickname, what is SHINee and who the is Sherlock?"

 

/

 

I am so sorry for taking so long... And I'm sorry for worrying you guys. Don't ever think that I'll give up on this story, please, because I won't! I am really really thankful for all your comments, and I want to hug each one of my subscribers. Seriously, your support means a lot to me. I will continue to work hard and improve my writing for you guys. Please continue to let me know what you think and what you want to happen!

 

<3,

May.