Home Sweet Home?

Saving Her ( HIATUS )

 japanese-girls-hairstyles-800X800.jpgStunning-Asian-Hairstyle+%252812%2529.jp(A/N: thi first picture is LeeYoung, the secound picture is LeeYoung's Hair)

 

 

My name is Song LeeYoung. I just turned 17 a few months ago. I’ve been living alone since I was 4. Yup, on my own for the last 13 years of my life. How am I still alive? I’m smart. That’s how. The streets are harsh, if you don’t learn to run before you can crawl, you’ll die.     

It’s been two week since I moved to Seoul. The cut on my lip had healed; the bruises had reduced themselves to pale markings. So far, I haven’t had any trouble from loan sharks or gangs. I wonder how long that with last though, they always seem drawn to me.

My next challenge was to make enough money to pay rent, buy necessities, and get back to school. I’ve already missed nearly a month of school from the move, and I didn’t want to miss anymore than necessary. When I get home later I’ll call the school and register myself.

Right now though, I was walking down the street on this lovely day (sarcasm. It’s raining right now) to one of my part time jobs at ‘The Cockatoo Cafe’. I had the hood of my sweater up over my head and because of that, I didn’t see someone rushing out of the shop to my left. They swung the door open and ran out of the shop, running straight into me. I hadn’t been expecting the sudden force, so of course, I ended up falling to the ground.

“Oh, Mianhae. I didn’t see you there,” a voice said, it sounded like a male, but I didn’t look up. The hood of my jacket had fallen almost completely over my eyes, so I could only see this guy's legs. His pants where the studded graphic type I’ve always been running from, I instantly had had a flash back to the gangs back in the town I had just moved away from. I was snapped back to reality when I saw a hand reach down in to my line of view, “need a hand?” he chuckled.

I took his hand and he instantly pulled me up quickly. ‘He’s strong’ I thought and kept my head down. If he is in some sort of gang, I don’t want him to see my face then recognise me in the future.

“Umm, miss? Are you ok?” he asked, I saw him bend a bit at the waist to try and see under my hood. I quickly turned away with my back toward him.

“Yeah, I’m fine. Thanks” I said quietly before continuing toward my destination.

. : ~ * ???’s P.O.V. * ~ : .

I was somewhat shocked as I watched the strange girl walk off. Her aura was odd, like.... I don’t even know how to explain it.

“Yah, Hyung! Let’s go! I wanna get out of this rain!”  I heard my dongsang call to me. I glanced over my shoulder at him,

“Yeah, I'm coming” I began following him. Then I remembered that girl. She didn’t seem to have an umbrella, and her hoodie was starting to get soaked, maybe she needed a ride. I turned to look for her, but she was gone. After surveying the area for a moment, I pulled my hood up over my head and ran after my dongsang.

 

. : ~ *LeeYoung’s P.O.V* ~ : .

-4 hours later-

“Annyeonghaseyo, may I take your order?” I said for the hundredth time that day, with the hundredth fake smile to go with it, and it was getting tiring. Luckily, things were slowing down since the cafe would close in about 10 minutes.

“Annyeong,” the costumer said, though she sounded a bit snobbish. “Can I get a fat free iced latte with whipped cream?” I punched her order into the machine,

“Would you like anything else with that?” I asked politely

“No, if I wanted anything else, I would have ordered it already, duh!” she snapped at me.

I just rolled my eyes and turned to get her order, “that will be $3.75 please” I told her, trying to keep myself from snapping at her. She put a $5 bill on the counter. I opened the cash register “$1.25 is your change, have a nice day” I said handing her the money and coffee. She turned and left without a thank you or anything.

“Well, that was rude” I heard someone say, I turned and saw my workmate, Shin SooHyun. He was leaning against the wall with his arms crossed.

“Oh, you’re still here? I though you left already” It was my turn to lock up today.

“I was about to leave, but then I opened the door I saw it was rain harder than when you got here and remembered that you walk here.” He said pushing himself off the wall “Get your stuff, I’m driving you home” he gave me a brotherly smile before turning away. Though I was a bit stunned, I shut off the lights and locked the front door.

Should I go with him? I’ve only known him for two weeks, how do I know I can trust him that much?’ I thought as I put my work apron in my locker. ‘What am I talking about, SooHyun is the type of guy who won’t let anyone suffer, and he loves helping people.’

“Hey, you coming?” I heard him ask from the back door

“Oh, yeah, Mian” I called over my shoulder and grabbed my still damp hoodie. I kicked the locker door shut and ran to the back door. “Sorry about that. I was just thinking” I told him.

“What were you thinking about? Are you ok?” He asked.

“Yeah, I’m ok” I forced a smile as I locked the door. I glanced up at the sky; it was already very dark out. Maybe getting a ride wasn’t a bad idea. SooHyun opened the passenger side door for me “Gomawo” I said slipping inside the car. The moment he closed the door I gulped loudly and gripped my sweater which was still in my hands. ‘Just breathe’ I told myself. ‘It’s not like he’s going to you,... if he does, you kill him’ SooHyun opened the driver door and hopped in.

“So which way?” he asked. I gave him the directions and we were on our way. The ride was filled with silence, but it wasn’t awkward.

“This one?” He asked pointing to one of the houses outside. I nodded in response.

“Yeah, it’s not much, but its home” I said with a small half-hearted smile, “thanks for the ride, SooHyun-ssi!” I said opening the car door

“No problem” he laughed a bit as it to lighten the awkward tension in the air. I just nodded and laughed. I was about to close the door when I remembered something.

“Oh by the way, tell those friends of yours that I’ll be attending their school on Monday” I told him then shut the door behind me. I jogged up the steps, skipping two at a time and unlocked the door to my house, before closing the door, I waved to SooHyun to show him I was ok and he drove off.

That night I was laying in bed thinking about the past two weeks, and tomorrow when I was to go to school. I knew things were going to get crazy, with school and four part time jobs.