Chapter 2

So Close, Yet So Far

CHANYEOL:

"Baekhyun! Bacon! Baek-"

 

"Shhhh! There is testing going on today." A teacher said.

 

"Sorry." I bowed then continued to look for my hyung. I turned right, passed a hallway, and at the corner of my eye i see a pair of guys walking down. One was incredibly tall, no doubt it was Kris Hyung meaning that was Baekhyun beside him. "BAEKHYU-oops."

 

I heard a door knob rattle, so I covered my mouth and ran toward the hyungs. Once I heard the door swing open, I slowed to a walk to lower suspicion. With just my eyes i tried to see if the teacher was there, but that didn't work at all. So I mouthed "he gone?" to Baekhyun.

 

He shook his head.  

 

Did that mean he was or wasn't there? Confused, I just turned my head to look. All the doors were closed. "Anyway, I've been looking everywhere for you guys!" I whispered.

 

"Well, we were lost too." Baekhyun leaned in Kris' direction.

 

"It's your fault! We were supposed to meet up in the first place!"

 

"Hyung, Shh." I put a finger infront of my mouth.

 

"Don't "shhh" me I'm your hyung!" 

 

KRIS:

"BAEKHYUN HYUNG!" He called out.

 

Baekhyun turned immedietly to him who was running with his mouth covered like an idiot. The door swung open and he started to walk very awkwardly as if to lower suspicion, but I think the teacher already knew who yelled. He continued to walk towards us. He mouthed something, then Baekhyun shook his head.

 

"Anyway, I've been looking everywhere for you guys!"

 

"Well, we were lost too." He tilted his head and leaned towards me.

 

"It's your fault! We were supposed to meet up in the first place!" This was true.

 

"Hyung, Shh," the boy said with his finger infront of his mouth.

 

"Don't "shhh" me I'm your hyung!" Who does he think he is?

 

The two pulled me into a different hallway. 

 

"What was it Chanyeol?" Baekhyun asked.

 

"Oh, umm. I just wanted to remind you about my mom's birthday."

 

"I haven't forgotten. I'll be there after we practice. Aren't you joining the talent show too? You should be practicing too. You are competing againts us-"

 

Us? Hearing him say that...I just can't help but smile.

 

"-right, Kris?" He hit my chest. 

 

"Right."

 

"Don't under estimate me!" The boy says as he runs off, putting on his cap. I hate that hat, I hate that kid.

 

Baekhyun waves at him. His face, his eyes, his smile... Why can't he look at me the same way?