Chapter 4

So Close, Yet So Far

Baekhyun:

I reached the school's front gate and continued to walk. It was cloudy, just how i liked it. I like the cold and the shade and being alone. It's comfortable, though some people may find it empty and depressing. 

 

Some street vendors started packing to leave and people searching their bags and pulling out umbrellas. Was it about to rain? Aww, I like smelling and looking at the food. I set my backpack down on my feet and pulled out a blue jacket. I put it on top of my backpack and tied the sleeves together under the shoulder slings, so my books wouldn't get wet. Then I slung it again on my shoulders. I heard a small thunder.

 

I reached the flowershop that I always walk by on my way to school. There were no flowers outside like there usually were, due to the rain, only  some leaves and petals on the ground.

 

A glowing sign said "OPEN". I pushed the door and a small bell above the door chimed.An ahjumma popped out from the back room. "Welcome!" she said.

 

The scents of the flowers inside mixed rather...strongly. There were leaves and petals on the floor inside too. It  was a small store. All the flowers were immedietly visible. My eyes were drawn to the yellow flowers in the back...'tulips' I think they were called.

 

"Perfect." I reached in my back pants' pocket for my wallet, but it wasn't there. I checked my other pockets, it wasn't anywhere. "Ah, shoot!" I said under my breathe. Where was the last place I had it? ...Ah, with hyung at practice. I walked slightly faster towards the door and pulled it open. The bell chimed again.

 

"Please come again!"

 

I speed walked back to the direction of the school, but it started to rain. "Ah!" It was harder rain than I expected. It could flood. Instead I ran too the direction of Chanyeol's house empty handed.

 

------------

 

Finally, I arrived. I went into the small, clean lobby, soaked. I walked towards the phone on the main desk. I could see the owner giving me a look at the corner of my eye. I picked up the phone and dialed "2219." The line rang. I looked around as I waited. But I guess I didn't need to. There was Chanyeol, walking towards me with a closed umbrella in his hand.

 

"Bacon!" he waved his free hand. "What took you so long?"

 

"I wanted to buy your mum a gift"

 

"Oh, well where is it?"

 

"Er...I lost my wallet so-"

 

"What!? Let's go look for it!" He grabbed my arm and pulled me. Why does everyone want to drag me today?

 

I stopped him. "No, It's raining and Kris Hyung probably found it." And you don't even know where to go, pabo!

 

"Oh, okay..."

 

"Well, let's go up."

 

------------

 

"Hello~!" I bowed to Chanyeol's grandmother.

 

"Oh, hello! Is that Baekhyunie!? Aww, you've grown so much!!" She hugged me then pinched my cheek. "Chanyeolah, get him some food!"

 

"Ne~!" Chanyeol said as he took off his shoes.

 

"I already ate, but go ahead. Chanyeolah waited for you and his dad-."

 

"He's not coming he says." Chanyeol said as he walked towards the kitchen.

 

"Sit with me while Chanyeolah prepares for you."

 

"Ne." I grinned and sat on the couch.

 

"Look at the news!"  She said with her happy tone gone. "Look! The gays can now in marry in America. Aissh! What has come to this world. Omo, your father would be disgusted!" Disgusted? "Next thing you know, people will marry animals!" Animals? "Like, that man here who married a pillow! That's all because of them!" How is that their fault?

 

Chanyeol came to the room and told me, with his hand, to come eat.

 

She turned to Chanyeol. "Good thing our Chanyeolah is a man!"

 

"Ne." I said and stood up. "Excuse me."

 

Chanyeol:

Grandma was being loud again. I sighed. Baekhyun was probably getting annoyed, so I called him over to eat. He excused himself from grandma's daily rant.

 

He came to the kitchen/dining room smiling holding a laugh. 

 

"Grandma's so loud, huh?" I put bowls of rice on the table.

 

He just kept smiling and sat down. "Your dad, is he coming-"

 

"No. He's busy with his work." I handed him a pair of chopsticks. I looked at him and smiled. "Let's eat!" 

 

KRIS:

"Would you like to eat?" My house keeper asked.

 

I ignored her. I'm not in the mood for anything. I walked straight to my room. I sunk into my bed. Sigh. I'm just laying on my bed. Why can't you be here with me? Why would you rather be at some dead woman's birthday?

 

I took out his wallet from my pocket. I found it underneath the chair. I'd return it, but he wouldn't be at home and it started raining. I spun it ariund my hand. It was a simple black leather wallet. I opened it. He didn't have that much money, how can he live like this? If you were with me, you'd get everything you want. Instead you follow him. It also had his ID. I took it out of a pocket and just stared at his face. Sigh.

 

------A/N------

I'm sorry. I'm in a whole other country right now, so internet is bad. I'm also busy. sorry~...

oh, and i didn't make up that part about that guy that married his pillow.