Chapter 3

So Close, Yet So Far

Kris:

We finally arrived at the music room. it was empty because we had it reserved the day before. It looked peaceful, the sun rays slightly visible as they passed thruogh the windows, giving the room a warm tone. I sat infront of the piano. Baekhyun sat beside me, but facing the opposite way.

 

"Do you have it?" He asked turning to face me.

 

"Yeah." I pulled the music sheet from my pocket and unfolded it. I placed it on the music rack. It wouldn't stand because of the way I folded it, so I flattened it with two hands on the rack. With my hands now above the piano keys, ready to play, I asked Baekhyun "Ready?"

 

He nodded. "Yeah."

 

I began to play, while Baekhyun waited for his part. Even though we've practiced for a while, he was still looking at the lyrics I gave to him.

 

He then began to sing. He began to sing the song I wrote for him, the real reason why i forced him to join this talent show. But he doesn't know any of that.

 

His voice was flawless. I could listen to him all day, every day, for the rest of my life. He made me forget about everything else.

 

I awoke from my fantasy when he cleared his throat. "You okay?" He asked then smiled.

 

"Yeah." I straightened up and focused my eyes on the music sheet infront of me. He was about to sing that part.

 

"...I love you~" His voice fading at the end. I love you too  I thought. Even if it's only through a song that I hear that...even if this the only time I'll get to hear that...even if it didn't come from your heart, your voice would be enough. Maybe this is as close to heaven as I'll get.

 

Baekhyun:

I pulled out the lyrics from my pocket and unfolded it.

 

"Ready?"

 

I nodded. "Yeah"

 

Kris Hyung started playing. He wrote this song, but he says he couldn't sing it. He said my voice would be better. That's why I'm here. I've sang with hyung in the norebang before. He said I was great and that I should sing more. I don't really like to sing, but hyung said he wouldn't talk to me if I don't do what he says. 

 

"Can you forget that man for minute? He doesn't even know what he has.~ If you give me your heart I wouldn't brake it. Can we just leave him behind in the past?...~" I continued to sing, but near the end of the song, Kris Hyung stopped playing. I coughed. "You okay?"

 

"Yeah." He resumed playing and I resumed singing.

 

"When will I hear you say the words 'I love you'?~"

 

This practice session went on for about forty minutes because I couldn't sing the song without looking at the lyyrics. Looking at the clock i was reminded that i needed to go to Chhanyeol's house. My eyes widened and I stood up. "Hyung, I'm sorry, but I have to go now." I bowed apologeticly. 

 

"Oh, sure." 

 

"Do you want to come hyung? I'm sure Chanyeol would be happy to see you there too!"

 

"I also have plans later, so tell him I'm s-busy."

 

"Well, do you have to leave now too? We can just walk together?"

 

"Er no. It's here. At school."

 

"Oh. What is it?"

 

"They're having problems...with my subjects...because-"

 

"'Cause you went from China to Canada to Korea?" I scoffed. "Well, who wouldn't be confused? Well, see you tomorrow, Hyung!" I bowed one last time. And 

went out the room. I waved at Kris Hyung thruogh the small window on the door, and he waved back.

 

 

 

--------A/N---------

I've been extremely busy, sorry. anyway, can anyone tell me who calls who a "hyung" in EXO?