Chapter 1

So Close, Yet So Far

BAEKHYUN:

"...Park Chanyeol, Bang Aecha, Byun Baekhyun, Bin Sae-ah there it is!" I was looking for my name on a sheet of paper pinned to a bulletin board. I was searching so  fast that I almost skipped it.

Byun Baekhyun|A |A |A |A |A-|A |B |A |

"Huh!? All A's? Oh, wait that's a B," I smiled dumbly at my mistake.

 

"Oof!" Someone bumbed into me from behind. I turned around--only to see the person's chest--then looked up. But because the sunlight from the window was so bright, I could only make out a silhouette. 

 

"Sorry," the silhouette spoke in a voice that chilled the air. 

 

I could already tell who it was. But before I could say anything, or for my eyes to even adjust, I was pulled away from the crowd by a different silhouette.

 

It was Kris Hyung. He was still dragging me down the hallway and in a hurry. He takes a sideways glare at me, as I struggle to keep up with him. "Pick your feet up, Bakhyun!" 

 

"Where are we even going!?"

 

"To practice, stupid!"

 

"Oh. Oh, yeah! That!"

 

He scoffed. "Yeah...that," he says, mocking me. He finally walks into a room with me, and low and behold, it was a chemistry room. In other words, the wrong side of the school.

 

"Wow! I didn't know we were gonna be playing testubes for the show. You think we can pull that off?"

 

"Shut up!" Well, he was pretty new, but it was probably him rushing that  got us here.

 

CHANYEOL:

"Sorry," I said to Baekhyun.

 

He turned around, ready to say something, but Kris Hyung pulled him away fast. They were down in the science hall in no time.

 

I shrugged, confused. Anyway, I was going to look at my grade. 

Park Chanyeol|B |B |B |A |A |B+|A-|A |

Not bad.  I thought. My grades aren't always this high for some of the classes. But just for this semester they need to be, so i can join the talent show. They didn't have this stupid rule last year. Oh, well. Now, where is Baekhyun? Science hall, right? I wonder what for.