Stockholm 6

Stockholm

Wooyoung inserted his key into the lock of the door to their dorm with shaky hands. It had been three weeks since Jay snatched him from outside the SBS building and in that short time, he'd forgotten about life outside as a new world bloomed inside those four walls. He hadn't wanted to leave, hadn't wanted to watch Jay slip through his fingers again, but Jay managed to convince him it was for the best, that things would be different this time, and now here he was. Though it no longer felt like home.

He pushed the door open and stepped in, taking note of the mess of shoes by the door and the deathly silence radiating from inside. The patter of hurried footsteps broke the hush as Wooyoung slipped off his shoes. The sound froze when they turned the corner and Wooyoung looked up to see Nichkhun, pale and drawn.

Nichkhun inhaled brokenly, tears welling in his wide eyes, before he lunged forward and captured Wooyoung in his arms, trembling harshly as he sobbed his relief into Wooyoung's t-shirt.

There was a crash from the living room and Wooyoung was hit with four more bodies a second later. A wreck of voices echoed in his ears as hands pulled at his clothes but he just stood dazed in the centre of it all, detached. He had no idea how long they stood there, but they eventually put Wooyoung's silence down to the ordeal he must have suffered and they gently led him into the living room and sat him down, suddenly falling silent after all of the shouting that had just occurred. Nichkhun ran fingers through his hair soothingly.

And then came the dreaded questions.

"What h-happened? Wh-Where have you b-been?" asked Nichkhun, clutching the fabric of Wooyoung's t-shirt in his hands and pulling him closer. His voice cracked as his imagination ran through all of the possibilities that had been racing through his mind since that day three weeks ago when Wooyoung hadn't returned; he thanked God that he was able to cross murder off of his list.

Wooyoung ran his tongue over dry lips before breaking into a half true story of his kidnap. He didn't mention Jay, didn't mention their time together, but he made sure to emphasise that he hadn't been harmed in anyway and that he couldn't have been better cared for.

"Who did this to you?" Nichkhun breathed, completely ignoring Wooyoung's attempt at convincing them that his captor had no bad intentions.

"He didn't make you do anything... anything... erted?" asked Junho, carefully, his small eyes surprisingly wide as he gripped Wooyoung's hand between his.

Wooyoung shook his head and fought back a smirk, images of the time he'd spent with Jay flashing through his mind.

A weight plummeted in his chest as he thought about the long hours they had lain together, exchanging sweet nothings and playful kisses, and he felt his eyes burning at the loss. They confused his tears for a delayed reaction to the realisation that his suffering was over, only they couldn't have been more mistaken.

He couldn't help remembering the last words Jay had said to him before slamming the car door, that cheeky grin dancing in his eyes. "Sorry for kidnapping you," he'd laughed.

Wooyoung only wished he'd had the chance to correct him. His phone buzzed in his pocket and he knew it would be Jay, anxious to know what was happening.

He stood up abruptly and announced that he needed to use the bathroom, ignoring the understanding gazes of the men around him.

"I'll call the police. And JinYoung-hyung and MinJae-hyung," Taecyeon announced and Wooyoung sighed inwardly at what the next few weeks would hold.

With the bathroom door safely locked, Wooyoung took out his phone and ignored Jay's text of "How's the interrogation?" and sent one of his own.

"Thanks for rescuing me."