Hunger

At the last minute

 

Ren looked out of the car window while they drove past the buildings in Seoul. Slowly he moved his firm but gentle glance to the other members of his group, NU´EST. The leader JR looked in a mirror fixing his hair and practicing his facial expressions, while Minhyun just dazed blankly out of the window. Aron the foreigner Korean-American member was in a deep conservation with Baekho, who seemed as energetic as always smiling happily.

"I´m so tired. When we get home I just want to sleep!" yelled Baekho and didn´t seemed tired at all. If it hadn´t been for the dark circles under his eyes no one would had believed him.
"Me too... but I´m also hungry" Aron added throwing hungry looks at the restaurants they were driving by. As if that was the password Baekho began to complain about starving too. Their manager, who drove the car, looked a bit more tired, trying to calm them down. In the end he gave up and stopped the car in front of a shop to get them some food. However, he insisted on choosing which food to buy or not to buy - if he hadn´t it might had ended up with some candy instead of a real meal.
"here you go, now eat!" the manager said, pushing the new brought food into their hands as they sat down on a bench beside in front of the shop.
"Where can I sit?" Ren complained and looked at his hyungs making no space for him to sit what so ever. Baekho tried to make room for him but instead ended up on the ground laughing smiling brightly.
"Your the maknae, can´t you sit on the ground?" JR playfully said already digging into his food suddenly realizing how hungry he was. Ren pouted and placed himself on the ground for some moments before Aron melted of the sight and let him sit on his lap.

Just when Ren was done eating, he got up to his feet and walked away without a word, leaving the others behind. He heard them shout apologizes after him, but he didn´t stop. He just waved at them to signal that it meant nothing special and that they didn´t needed to worry. He hoped they understood his message, after all they were used to live together by now.

Actually Ren wasn´t mad at his hyungs at all for making him sit on the ground or teasing him. He kind of liked the attention they always reserved especially for him and how they nearly always listened to him even though the between them. The reason why Ren walked away simple. He had just realized how awfully he missed having time on his own. It was not the fact that he didn´t love his hyung, he absolutely did. He couldn´t imagine a life without them in it at this moment, and he deeply wished that they would share as many happy moments in the future as they had done in the past - and maybe even more now that they were debuted in the Korean music industry becoming real idols as they all had dreamed of becoming one day. Ren just loved being alone, and he couldn´t remember it being different. When he was alone, he felt how he could sort his thought and fully be himself without thinking about how to act and speak. I bigger groups he always kept more quiet, making observations of the others instead of being a part of whatever they did.

Ren stopped and looked down the road, which seemed nearly unnatural empty. It was soon midnight, he knew, and the stars above him shined beautifully. He couldn´t see the others anymore because a truck blocked the way, but he knew they were just on the other side of it. Suddenly a voice broke the silence, sharp and rough as a knife through the peaceful air. "Yeah..."
Ren looked up eyeing a man standing surprisingly near him. He took a few steps back to make space between them, but the man followed without a word.