So Not Into Him

Precious Three Months

The whole week passed uneventful for the guys as they attended school just like everybody else. Saturday came, and Taecyeon, Jun Ho, Woo Young and Jun Ho were assigned to work with the police. Chan Sung and Nichkhun were left to do the household chores. As it is, Soyeon came and dropped her kids because she had work in the afternoon, so Nichkhun became the boys' victim of becoming their horse for the day. Eun Jung brought Chan Sung with her to go fishing.

They were already seated on the ground with Eun Jung tying the baits and Chan Sung digging for more worms when Hyomin passed by. She was jogging together with a Saint Bernard.

"Annyeong, Eun Jung Eonnie!"

"O, annyeong, Hyomin-ah. Is that Jibang?" Eun Jung said, pointing to the dog.

Chan Sung let out a snort that seemed like a laugh. Hyomin frowned when he did that.

"Ne, he is. Jibang's gotten fatter than the last time you saw him. Sung Mo Oppa is a very loving dad. He feeds Jibang a lot! And I told him to slow it down or his dog will be dead in a few years. He's spoiling him! I'm jealous!"

"Jinjja? I guess his love for animals never ceased even when he was bitten by his pet monkey Babo."

"O? Hi, Chan Sung-ah. What are you doing here with EUn Jung Eonnie?"

"Well, Hyomin-ah, I had him come with me here to fish. The boys rotate in their duies every Saturday for three months. The others are in the police station right now."

"Ahh....that's so cool of them. Well, I got to go. Jibang's becoming so restless he wanted to run all the time. Bye."

When Hyoming left, Chan Sung asked Eun Jung.

"Who's that Sung Mo she talked about earlier?"

Eun Jung continued waiting for a fish to bite her bait. "Sung Mo Oppa? Ah, he's Hyomin's long time boyfriend. They'd been courting since elementary."

"Jinjja?"

"Wae?"

Chan Sung scratched his nape as he tried to explain his thoughts. "Well, I thought she was single. I even thought she liked me."

"Were you planning to court her then?"

"I guess so. At first, I kind of found her irritating because she kept calling me in class. Later, when TAecyeon told her that she's a fan of mine, I was so flattered. I mean, she's beautiful, cheerful and bubbly. Who could not want her?"

EUn Jung scoffed. "I told Taecyeon that Hyomin is so into you. Did he really divulge that in class?"

"Ah..ne..."

"Stupid guy Taecyeon. He can't be trusted with a little secret."

Chan Sung remained silent as he played with a stick, drawing figures on the sand.

"Make yourself useful. There's another fishing rod at the back of the truck."

And Chan Sung went to do as EUn Jung ordered. At the back of his mind, he regretted saying to his friends that he only saw Hyomin as a teacher. Now that he knew she had a boyfriend, he was suddenly jealous. He came back to Eun Jung and sat beside her, getting his bait on the hook and casting his bait to the waters. Eun Jung noticed her student's silence, and she guessed it was because of Hyomin.

"Don't take it to heart, Chan Sung-ah. There's still a lot of girls out there you could find. You are one handsome guy. I'm sure you could find the right girl for you."

"Well...I did have a girlfriend as some point in time. She lives in Seoul now. We were schoolmates and friends though she was older than I am, but we broke up in when I was in highschool because she went to Japan. She came back just three years ago. Her name is Lee Ji Hyun.."

"Qri? She's your ex-girlfriend?"

Chan Sung's eyes widened in surprise. "You know her?"

"Of course I do! She's my first degree cousin!"

"Jinjja, noona?"

Eun Jung lit up a smile that Chan Sung had seen for the very first time. "Come to think of it, she always mentioned that she had a 'boytoy'!"

"Did she really call me that?"

"Ne! She said she's guilty of corrupting minors because you're four years her junior! Haha! How could have I not known? She kept telling me that she'll show to us her boyfriend, yet she never got the chance to! Omo! Isn't it a coincidence that my cousin's ex-boyfriend is now my student? Isn't that crazy?"

And they both laughed. Chan Sung's view of Eun Jung began to change. All the while he thought she was a boring person. Now, he saw that she had some lighter side to her too. He reckoned that Taecyeon was right.