Nichkhun confused

Precious Three Months

Eun Jung told her mother that she'd be bringing Nichkhun with her to visit Michiko-san as she will be buying some personal necessities for the old lady. Mrs Ham permitted her daughter to. And so, Eun Jung and Nichkhun went to the grocery store to buy some things for her grandmother.

"How old is your obaasan, Noona?"

"She's eighty-five. She's becoming weaker everytime I visit. It breaks my heart to see her that way. LAst week when Taecyeon and I were there, she mistook Taecyeon for my dead uncle Juntaro."

"Omo, jeongmal?? How did Taecyeon-ah react?"

"Well, he was honest, so he told obaasan that he was not Juntaro. I fear what she'll say to you when she sees you."

"Wae, noona?"

"I don't know. She doesn't even recognize me anymore. She sometimes call me Yukiko. Well, Yukiko is my mother's name."

"Ah...okay...thanks for warning me."

A few minutes later, they arrived at the small house. The caretaker was nowhere to be found, but Eun Jung had a key to the door. So she went inside the house and she proceeded to the room. She found the old woman seated on her rocking chair, staring at the wall, singing an old Japanese fishing song. Eun Jung went to her and knelt in front of her, holding her hand.

"Obaasan, tadaima."

"Oh...Yukiko, is that you?"

"Iie. It's me, Eun Jung."

"Eun Jung?"

Eun Jung felt like she would choke. She felt like her heart wanted to go to to strangle her and end the pain she felt. "Ha...hai...

Nichkhun decided to pay respect to the old lady, so he came forward.

"Konichiwa, Obaasan. Watashi wa Nichkhun Horvejkul-san desu. Hajimemae?" He bowed as he greeted. However, when he arose to look at the old woman, she began pointing at him.

"Yamaguchi Yamato-san??? Get out! Get out!" she shouted violently. Nichkhun suddenly panicked that he dashed out of the room. Eun Jung tried to calm her grandma down until the caretaker arrived.

"Omo, aigoo aigoo, Michiko-ssi! What are you shouting about!"

"What is Yamato doing here! Traitor! Traitor!"

"Obaasan, that wasn't the general. That was my student Nichkhun."

"No! No! Is he here to offend me again???"

Jin Kyung-ssi and Eun Jung tried their best to pacify the old lady. In a matter of minutes, she began to calm down and began to sing another song. Jin Kyung pulled Eun Jung aside and asked her who that Yamato person was. Eun Jung pulled the caretaker with her and led her outside the room.

***

"Nichkhun-ah, mianhe..."

"Noona, your obaasan scared the wits out of me."

"I know. That's why I said I'm sorry. I've..committed another blunder this time..."

"Eun Jung-ah, who was that Yamato person?"

EUn Jung sighed. "He was a general during World War II who my obaasan."

"Mwho?" Nichkhun asked as he choked. "Does that look anything like me?"

"Well...I only knew this story from my eomma. General Yamaguchi was an illegitimate son of a Russian from Moscow and a Japanese samurai. That's what the rumor said. But they guessed it was true no matter how the samurai denied it. His son had Caucasian-like features just like you do, Nichkhun, though I knew your parents aren't Caucasians. When Yamaguchi was of the right age, he betrayed his samurai roots and joined the Japanese Imperial Army. He was a very cunning and intelligent soldier, that in no time, he was promoted to the high posts. One day, he happened to see my obaasan planting rice in the fields as all the women were to work during the war. Yamaguchi-san knew that obaasan was already married to ojisan. But he let his lust prevail and kidnapped my obaasan and her in the fields. My Ojisan knew about it, yet, he didn't resist for fear that he'd be bayoneted to death. She became pregnant with the second one, but miscarried it after trying to flee the bombs that kept dropping every night. That would have been eomma's half-brother."

"I'm sorry to hear that, noona."

"No, i should be the one to apologize. Maybe, I won't be bringing you guys next time I visit her. I don't want you to be made into another person just because of her whims. Ji Kyung-ssi, thank you very much for your help. I left some things for obaasan at the table. You have yours too, and your salary as well."

"O..gomawoyo, Eun Jung-ah...you are such a very good sonnyeo. If I was your halmeoni, I would be very proud of you."

"Gomawo..okay, we'll be off then. Annyeong."