Love is Under Construction

What is Love?

 

 

Krystal and I are both working on a publishing company specializing on “Yuri”. I still remember the time when we are newbies and paired up to be a tandem. We were so awkward and most of the time quarrel because of our contrasting personalities.

I was more like of a carefree person while she likes making things complicated than what it should be.

 

Our personalities don’t help at all, in our field. To make a good illustration of a manga comes with a unique idea of storyline and vivid description of the characters and scene.

Krystal was in-charge of the plot I sketch, and to tell you the truth, being her partner was a pain in the arse. Her ideas were brilliant but she always like changing every single tidbit of things, more like a perfectionist. 

A single draft of a part of the manga can’t be finished in one day just because of her ever so changing likes.

 

Then there was a time when I get tired of all our arguments and decided to make the plot while she approve if she likes it.

 

“How about we try something like… they’re mortal enemies then slowly they get to know each other, and then fall in love?”

I suggested to Krystal with hopes of her accepting it without adding any comment (because probably our boss wouldn’t be happy if we’ll go further with our bickering and can’t do any single work)

“Sounds good…but isn’t it too boring? You can add up a little twist to the story.”

In no time, I face palmed myself. I shouldn’t expect her to approve easily.

“And-”

She was trying to comment more about my idea when the door suddenly opened and revealed our boss, Ms. Victoria.

 

“I think you’re having troubles with your first project, yes? Then I should do the tradition of this company…”

She stated to as with a smirk, which made Krystal and I confused of the so called “tradition” she was talking about.

“E-eh? May I ask, what is the “tradition” of this company, Ma’am?”

With curiosity, I suddenly blurted out a query.

“Just simple, you have to live together in this company’s dorm for a month. If you object to the tradition then the doors are open wide for you to leave.”

And with that, our boss left us after handing the room’s key.

“5th floor, Room 486”

I read aloud what’s written on the keychain tag attached to the key.

 

“You won’t me, right?”

She blurted out while we are on our way to the dorm.

Wow, I am so amazed with this girl. It makes me want to give her a high five on the face.

“Fish please, I ain’t gonna do that to you. You’re not even half of my ideal type.”

“You’re lying! One day, you’ll take back what you said.”

She threatened while directing a sharp gaze to me, but I wasn’t scared at all. In fact I wanted to play along more.

“Tell that if you’re gay enough to fall in love with me.”

“No, you’ll be the one falling head over heels for me”

She stuck her tongue out and sped off while holding the keys on her hands.

 

“She’s not bad at all. Who knows of what will happen to us, right?”

I mumbled as I walked to the room and a smile formed on my face.

 

I entered the room and saw Krystal settled on the couch.

I was surprised because I thought we’ll still have to fight for the single bed that this room has.

I then knew that somehow she cares for others.

 

My tracks were towards her, I bent down and look closely to her face. Stealthily, I brushed the strands of her raven hair and caressed her cheeks. Like magnets the distance between us slowly disappears.

 

“In love now, aren't you?”

I stumbled on the cold floor when a person suddenly intruded. It was Ms. Victoria. My face was priceless, with my hand clutched to my chest. It was like I saw a ghost.

Luckily, Krystal was deeply asleep or she’ll get suspicious of what our bossed asked me.

 

Ms. Victoria laughed and said, “Good night! Looking forward to the great work the two of you will do in the future.”

She left with a warm smile, almost close to how my mother smiles when she sees me happy.

 

Just when I was about to stand up, our boss was there again and said, “The blankets are on the cabinet!”

Then she’s gone, again.

 

I took one of the blankets and covered it to Krystal.

 

“Good night, sleep well.”

 

Although she didn’t reply, her wide smile was enough for my heart to be overwhelmed. I turned off the lights, walked towards the bed and plopped my body.   

 

Then there was this feeling inside me, making me all excited to work with her again tomorrow. I shut my eyes and let time slip until the next morning comes.