Promise You- Kyuhyun

100% SUPER JUNIOR
 
Preferences
§
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
0
-
=
Backspace
 
Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]
 
Return
 
 
capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\
 
shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
,
.
/
shift
 
 
English
 
 
alt
alt
 
 
Preferences

 

“Baby, I have some news.”

Noticing the sudden grief in your boyfriend’s eyes, you reach over and take his hand in yours.

“What is it?” you ask, taking a sip from your drink.

“I’ve been invited by a team of game developers in America to help develop a game to aid children affected by Asperger’s syndrome. Seoul University agreed and gave me a scholarship for 3 years.”

“That’s wonderful!” you exclaim, giving his hand a tiny squeeze.

You sigh, amazed at your genius boyfriend. Kyuhyun was only 19, and yet he had managed to land a job with some of the world’s top educational game developers. You stare deep into his eyes, mesmerized by how he had accomplished such an amazing feat.

“So, when are you leaving?” you smile at him, genuinely happy.

“Tomorrow.” Mumbles Kyuhyun, pulling his hand away from yours.

Upon hearing his reply, your mouth instantly falls open. You face turns pale, as if all the oxygen has been out of your cheeks. The world around you starts spinning rapidly, not allowing you to either breathe or think properly. Everything becomes a blur. Grabbing the sides of your chair, you get a hold of yourself.

“W-when did you find out?”

“About a month ago.” He stares at the floor, unable to make eye contact with you.

“Why didn’t you tell me sooner?” A tone of disappointment is evident from your voice. Having dated him for 4 years, you trusted him and always told him everything first, no matter big or small. You assumed that he had the same thoughts too. However, this time round, you, the girlfriend, was the last to know such big news.

Kyuhyun looks up, noticing the hurt in your voice. He bites his lip, heartbroken. Sighing and shaking his head, he starts to explain.

“I’m sorry. I should have told you much, much earlier. I know I’m pathetic, but I just couldn’t bring myself to tell you every time we went out. You seemed so happy, and you know I hate seeing you sad. If I told you, you would have spent the past few weeks complaining and . I wanted to leave with the memory of a happy _______.”

All your anger and disappointment instantly melts away after his little speech. Touched by his sincerity, you take his hand in yours once again.

“It’s ok. I understand.” you say, pulling up enough energy to smile.

Kyuhyun returns the same smile and gives your hand a light kiss.

“Come on, let’s go. I’m full.” He stands up and goes over to the counter to pay for your dinner. You follow him and step outside, eager to breath in some fresh air. Absorbing the surrounding scenery of the amusement park, you point out happy faces everywhere, with kids playing on the merry-go-round and couples walking around hand-in-hand. You were one of those happy couples a few minutes ago, but now your heart felt achy and empty. A tear threatens to roll down your cheek. How are you supposed to survive for 3 years and perhaps more without Kyuhyun by your side?

Just at that moment, you feel his arm slither across your waist. Taking a deep breath and forcing your tears back, you turn to face your boyfriend with a happy façade, ready to enjoy more rides at the amusement park.

“Let’s go.” you whisper, earning yourself a peck on the cheek.

Time surely passes by quickly when one is having fun. Before you knew, it was time for the amusement park to close. You absolutely dreaded the walk home, as it was your last date with your love before he headed off to the other side of the globe. You hold onto Kyuhyun’s hand tightly, unwilling to let go. Your steps feel heavy as your trudge along the pavement.

A bit too soon, you find yourself in front of the entrance to your building. He wraps his arms around you and engulfs you into a hug. No longer able to hold back your tears, you start sobbing.

With his eyes damp too, Kyuhyun gently brushes away your tears. Slowly, he places his lips on yours and the two of you share a sweet goodbye kiss, which lasts for several minutes.

“Goodbye, my love.” He says, embracing you for the last time.

Smiling with tears still in your eyes, you turn and head into your building.

It was the end of your last date with Kyuhyun, your first love.

 

 

That was three years ago.

Snapping back to reality, you slip the photograph of you and Kyuhyun at the amusement park back into its pocket and put the photo album away.

Reflecting back, you realise that a lot of change has occurred in your life. Firstly, you graduated from Seoul University with a bachelor of law degree mid this year. You currently worked full time at a law firm near your home, acting as an assistant lawyer. Last year, you also opened a patisserie business with one of your closest girlfriends. After all this time, it was no doubt you became more mature, smarter and wiser.

Despite the changes in your personality and life, your love for Kyuhyun never altered or wavered. Although you both agreed to break off your relationship and remain friends while he was away (to save the trouble and awkwardness from a long distance relationship), you still constantly longed for him. Yes, you did go on several dates with other guys during these three years, but not one of them succeeded in filling the gap he left in your heart. In other words, no one could replace Kyuhyun, your one true love.

Glancing over to the calendar on your wall, you chuckle slightly. The day had finally arrived. The box that represented the date, in all of its glory decorated with numerous pink hearts, had “Kyuhyun comes back!!” written on it.

Even though you and Kyuhyun both agreed to call off your relationship, a promise was made between the two of you during your last date- to meet at the airport upon his return if you still had feelings for each other. There were two choices; either to go to the airport if your feelings for him still remained or to stay home if you were already over him. Since you never stopped loving him, the wise option was to meet him at the airport.

Checking the plane arrival updates on your laptop for the last time, the smile on your face widens. After three whole years of email exchanges and occasional Skype chats, you were finally seeing him in flesh again. With the plane due to arrive in around an hour, you quickly get dressed and head out.

On your way to the airport, a car crash occurs on the highway, causing congestion. Fidgeting slightly in your seat on the bus, you start to feel anxious. Questions like “What if I’m late and he’s already gone?” start running through your head. Shaking it slightly, you attempt to distract yourself with the concrete view outside the window.

45 minutes later, you arrive. Hurrying to the arrivals, you peer around, trying to spot Kyuhyun. Unsuccessful, you plop down onto a nearby bench, exhausted.

After a while, people with luggage trolleys start to pile out from the blurred sliding doors. Thinking it must be Kyuhyun’s flight, you stand up, eager to see him. However, he did not appear. Slightly disappointed, you sit back down and remind yourself to stay positive by coming up with optimistic reasons for his absence.

Gradually, 10, 20, 30 minutes pass by and there is still no sight of Kyuhyun. Your negative thoughts start to take advantage of the situation and you wonder if he had already left. You think to yourself: A, he had either forgotten the promise or B; he did not share the same feelings towards you anymore. Heartbroken and miserable from the sudden harsh realisation, you shed a tear and begin to walk away towards the exit.

“________!” Suddenly, you hear your name being called. The voice sounded very similar to Kyuhyun’s.

Thinking it was a hallucination due to your current state of despair, you brush it off, unwilling to fall into the trap of false hope. You continue to make your way towards the exit.

“_______!” Your name was called again, much louder this time. Certain that it was not a trick of your mind, you turn around. A small gasp escapes from your lips. It was him, standing a few feet before you.

Your very own Prince Charming was finally here.   

 


Hello beloved reader :)

It's me, Awesomised_D, and I'm finally back with an update! It feels so good to update again after such a long time. I'm really sorry and thanks so much for waiting! Hugs to all! :) 

This is the first part to the three-part mini series featuring KRY entitled Promise You. Yes, it was inspired by their latest Jap song "Promise You". And because this story is based on Kyu, I dedicate this to Gamers. Heehee..did you guys like it? 

Everyone, please please please comment!! I would love to hear your feedback. :) New subscribers are much appreciated and loved too! 

I guess you can all figure out who will be next right? ;)