{one}

Crushing on the Boy Next Door

 

Crushing on the boy next door

 

Summer was finally here. The wind blew on my face as I grinned contently towards the sky. Tenth grade was finally over, and I had managed to obtain straight A's throughout the school year. It was defiantly time for major celebration—which mean a night out with the girls. They were coming over to my house to celebrate and I was pumped. Feeling especially hyped up, I opted to walk to remaining four blocks home instead of having Minji drop me off. After walking for a while, I noticed a large moving van driving up to the vacant house. That house had been empty for years and after watching the van drive up, and I was especially excited about the prospect of having a new neighbor. I threw up hands up in the hair and twirled around. New neighbor. New friends. That’s when I noticed someone laughing behind me. I turned around to see a boy with ashen brown hair chuckling on the steps of the new house, looking straight at me with an amused expression on his face. Was he laughing at me? Uh-oh. I gave him a curt nod and immediately turned around, briskly walking away, hoping he wouldn’t notice my face. Park Hae Mi don’t you dare look back. No matter how cute he was. You just embarrassed yourself. Keep on walking. Go. Go. Go.  Peptalking to myself probably was just as worse and dancing around on the street but I breathed a sigh of relief when I reached my doorstep.

Safe. At last.

"HaeMi, your home!", My mother called out.

Trying not to hint that anything else had happened I responded. "Yeah, school is OVER."

"Guess what? I have great news for you! We finally have neighbors! I know how long you've waited for one and now we have some! Great news is, they even have a kid around your age."

"Oh really?" Faking a smile I plopped myself down on the couch.

"The good news is, I've invited them over for us to introduce ourselves today. They should be coming in about a minute."

What? THERY'RE COMING? HERE? THE BOY? THE BOY WHO SAW ME? CRAP. I immediately stiffened.

"Mom, didn’t I tell you my friends are coming over today?"

"Yeah, of course I know, but they'll just be here for around ten minutes, don’t worry! In fact, I see them now."

NOW? I turned around to see the cute boy and his family walking over. I needed to do something. Fast. I quickly started towards the stairs as I could hear my mother's faint chatter.

"It's finally nice to have neighbors! We've been waiting for a while. Annyeong, Park Eunlee imnida, and my daughter is…….."

She turned around just in time to catch me going up the flight of stairs.

"Hae Mi! Our guests are here! Come greet them!"

Crap. Cute boy now knows my name. I trudged over to the doorway and applied a false smile on my face. Cute boy looked 100% better when he was closer. His ashen brown hair, tousled in the wind. His face, almost so feminine, but yet handsome. His delicate frame was the only thing surprising me because his arms had a slight build. I could feel my face heat up. This boy—had seen me look mental. Out of all the people here, this one?

"Sorry, my daughter is kind of shy. Here here, come on in and invite yourselves!" my mother continued.

"That would be great! This is Lu Han by the way"

Lu Han. So that was his name.

"Annyeonghaseyo", he greeted me with a slight laugh.

"A-Annyeonghaseyo", I responded.

God. Why did my voice have to stutter.

"So your shy huh", he raised an eyebrow and gave me a grin.

Double crap.

"Pretend you never saw that okay?" I responded hastily.

"Saw what? Your victory dance?" he teased.

"Err---yeah."

"I cant just do that, I need something in return", he gave me a smirk and cocked his head slightly. God he was perfect. Everything about him.

"Well, what do you want?" I snapped back teasingly.

"Woah, calm down miss feisty. How about you give me a tour of this place sometime then?"

A tour? He wanted a tour? Cute guy wanted a tour? From me? I could feel my cheeks blush up.

"Fine, but drop the feisty arrasso? I have a name", I smiled back.

"Hae Mi was it? Alright. Agreed."

I extended my hand to which he shook. His soft hand… I shook my head. No! Why was I thinking these thoughts?

He cleared his throat and continued "Well, it looks like we gotta go, so see you around miss feisty!", he shot a wink and gave me another mind blowing smile and left.

 

Woah. Just woah.