House Of Opera

House Of Opera

A/N: JUST IMAGINE THAT THE HOUSE IS A LITTLE RUN DOWN 

Knock Knock

 

“Is anyone there?” Heeran said a little quietly and no one answered. “Is anyone there?” She said louder and the door opened a little.

 

“Creepy…” Carly clutched onto Haejung’s arm. Heeran, being curious as ever, opened the door a little more.

 

“Wait.” Haejung pulled her arm back. “Are you completely sure that you want to do this?”

 

“Well the door is open now so what’s the harm in checking it out?” Heeran smiled.

 

Crack…

 

The whole group gasped and clutched onto each other in fear. “W-What was that?” Carly whispered.

 

“Heeran? Is that you?” Heeran flashed her torch onto a girl and boy.

 

“Sunkyu? Doojoon?” Heeran stepped forward and breathed a sigh of relief. “I thought you guys were some creepy people trying to us.” She laughed.

 

“Um, I think that’d be a little hard for me to do that.” Sunkyu laughed. “What’re you guys doing out here? You know it’s like 11 o’clock at night, right?”

 

“Really? It doesn’t seem that late.” Heeran smiled a little. “What’re you guys doing out here?”

 

“My brother was taking me here tonight to scare me but I’m not scared at all.” Sunkyu smirked at her older brother. “Why is the door open?” She asked and pointed to the old wooden door. “Were you going to go in without knocking?”

 

“No way!” Heeran squeaked. “I knocked and it opened.” She explained.

 

“Okay whatever. Anyways, don’t go in there because you know if the legend is true then you won’t come out.” Sunkyu raised her eyebrows. “I know you were listening to me this afternoon.”

 

“Yeah, well I’ve never heard of such an interesting legend and I wanted to check out if it was true.”

 

“Well me and Doojoon are going back home now, are you coming?” Sunkyu said with her voice a little shaky from the cold night.

 

“Yes!” Carly put her hand up and went to go to Sunkyu but Heeran pulled her back.

 

“We’ll catch up.” Heeran said plainly.

 

“Are you guys sure? It’s really dark and you never know what could happen-“

 

“I said we’d catch up.” Heeran cut Doojoon off mid-sentence.

 

“Okay… Well I’ll be expecting you all at school on Monday. If you’re not I’m coming-“

 

I said we’d catch up.” Heeran said in an irritated tone. “Aren’t you guys going home now?”

 

“Yes.” Sunkyu eyed Heeran curiously then disappeared into the dark forest with her brother.

 

“God, I thought they’d never leave.” Heeran huffed.

 

“We should’ve gone with them.” Haejung said as she looked out into the dark forest. She was worried that the legend was true; even though she didn’t believe in such things she was still worried. She was suspicious from the start. She wondered why the door opened and no one came to greet them.

 

Maybe the wind did it? She thought, but that wasn’t very convincing.

 

“Where’s your sense of adventure?” Heeran scoffed and pushed the door open to reveal a very old, worn out house. Everything had cobwebs on it and it was very, very dusty.

 

“It looks abandoned. Let’s just go. Obviously no one is home-“ Carly was then pulled into the house by Heeran.

 

“Heeran!” Haejung squeaked and went in also and to her, and the other’s amazement, the whole room light up. All the cobwebs, dust and broken furniture were now all brand-new. It was like magic.

 

“Woah…” Carly gasped as she looked at the lobby with wide, sparkling eyes. She had never seen such a beautiful sight and she could feel the room pulling her to explore. Heeran walked in with Carly to a freshly lit fireplace with a mirror that was gold plated on the wall above it.

 

“This place is awesome.” Heeran gasped.

 

“I think it’s weird.” Haejung mumbled and crossed her arms. She hadn’t gone with the girls to explore and just stayed at the door. “I’m leaving!” She called out to the girls who were now checking out behind the grand staircase in the middle of the room, which led up stairs. “Did you hear me? I’m leaving!” Haejung said louder and sighed. She turned around to leave but the door was closed. “Hmm…” She went to open the door but she couldn’t. The door wouldn’t open.

 

It’s locked…She panicked. “Guys! The door is locked!” She yelled loudly and tried hard to open the door.

 

“Do you really think if you keep pulling the door it will open?” Haejung turned around squealed in fright as a very handsome man stood in front of her with a slight smile. “It’s locked. You need a key.”

 

“Well give it to me then.” She said in a shaking voice.

 

“Haejung!” Carly yelled causing her to jump. “People do live here! They’re so nice!” Carly entered the lobby again with 8 men behind her and a chocolate cupcake in her hand.

 

“Carly put that down!” Haejung ran to her younger and ripped the cupcake out of her hand. “We need to leave.”

 

“No.” A serious looking man said plainly and stared at Haejung with a piercing gaze. “You’re not leaving. There’s no way out now.”

 

“Nonsense!” A handsome man broke through the crowd. “You will leave soon enough.”

 

“Look what I found!” Heeran ran into the room with a white kitten in her hands. “How cute is it, Haejung?”

 

“Put it down. We’re leaving.” Haejung had a terrible feeling in her stomach that it was a terrible idea to come here.

 

“But it’s raining.” The man at the door pointed out. “You can’t go when it’s raining you’ll catch a cold.” He turned around a slightly smiled.

 

“Donghae is right. You must stay for dinner!” The handsome man clapped his hands. Take a lady, men.” Donghae held out his hand for Haejung and she held her hands to her chest, a small man held out his hand for Carly and a very dashing man held out his hand for Heeran. They all took their courtiers hand except Haejung.

 

“I’ll take myself thank you.” With that Haejung followed everyone into an extravagant dining room. The whole room was lite up b candles on the walls and on the big table. The table was filled with food that looked delicious and vines with red roses spread out along the center of the table.

 

“Take a seat.” Siwon instructed. The girls took their seats with their courtiers pushing their chairs in. “Let me introduce everyone to you.” Siwon stood behind Donghae. “This is Donghae,” He then moved around the table introducing everyone. “Eunhyuk, Ryeowook, Shindong, Kyuhyun, Sungmin, Yesung, Leeteuk and I’m Siwon. Leeteuk is the eldest and the owner of this beautiful house which we adore and love with all our hearts.” He said with big hand gestures.

 

I guess this guy is alright…Thought Haejung. But I still don’t know about the others… They still all seem pretty mysterious.

 

“Take some food! You three must be starving after the long journey!” Siwon sat down and gestured for the three to eat.

 

“It wasn’t very long. We just took the road from Heeran’s house to the forest and walked here. I must say, there are way too many fallen trees and branches sticking out everywhere. I’m surprised that we didn’t get our eye’s poked out.” Carly said as she took some food from one of the platters on the table.

 

“There are roads in the forest to get here.” Siwon said with a confused look. “I don’t understand why you wouldn’t have taken them.”

 

“What roads?” Heeran asked. “There were no roads.” She said in confusion.

 

“You mustn’t have seen them.” Sungmin spoke up and ate a little of his food.

 

“There are no roads in the forest.” Haejung said. “The forest is only a place for hikers and camping trips.” She explained, getting more and more suspicious of whom these people were.

 

“Haejung, leave it.” Heeran nudged her elder.

 

“The forest is filled with the estates of the wealthy.” Siwon argued.

 

“No one has lived in the forest ever.” Haejung stood up from her chair.

 

“Well then what is this?” Siwon also stood up feeling infuriated by the woman sitting in front of him arguing with him. “Sit down!” His voice boomed. “No woman will stand in my presence without being told to.”

 

“What time do you think this is? The 1800’s?!” Haejung yelled.

 

“It is-“ Leeteuk cut off Siwon by putting his hand over his younger’s mouth.

 

“Calm down, Siwon-ah.” Leeteuk whispered.

 

“I apologize for Siwon’s behavior.” Leeteuk bowed his head to Haejung. “Why don’t we show you all to your rooms?”

 

“Rooms? What rooms? We’re going home.” Haejung rebutted.

 

“Haejung! Loosen up would you. It’ll only be for tonight. The rain will stop by tomorrow and we can leave.” Heeran said and took Leeteuk’s outstretched hand.

 

“Follow me.” He said in a soft, deep voice, which seemed to make Heeran’s stomach fill with butterflies. His smiled seemed to make her want to stay with him forever.

 

“I hope the rooms are nice. I’ve never been in such a beautiful house before.” Cary said in awe as she took Ryeowook’s hand and followed Leeteuk and Heeran up the grand staircase. “Come on Haejung.” She pulled Haejung’s arm and dragged her up the staircase with her.

 

I’m still not sure about this place… Thought Haejung as she was dragged up the staircase.

 

--------------------

I hope you liked the second chapter!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE COMMENT!!!! TELL ME HOW I'M DOING SO FAR!

Thank you!

 

P.S. By the way, this is what the staircase looks like